Mar 09, 2017, 08:03 AM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
Discussion

Hobbyking's MIchael Wargo Signature Yak 55 EPP Foamy

The Wargo Signature Yak 55 was designed to be the perfect 3D and aerobatic training aircraft. It is a perfect combination of value, performance and durability with no compromises in aerobatic precision and the ability to perform every 3D aerobatic maneuver with authority. Michael Wargo, our team pilot and 3D expert wanted a transition aircraft that can take a pilot from sport flying to confidently flying 3D aerobatics. He has dedicated much of his career to aerobatic training and teaching 3D aerobatics and trying to find the ideal foamy to take pilots to the next level. The result is a phenomenal plane that will hover, harrier and tumble incredibly well. Any accomplished 3D pilot will love this plane because it will satisfy the most discriminating pilot. It will perform maneuvers ultra-light foamies cannot because it has enough mass to carry momentum and perform more high-energy and tumbling type of maneuvers. The Yak 55 is also a perfect transitional step to larger balsa planes. It is designed to perform like a balsa plane with the durability of a foamy. Best of all, most mishaps can be repaired in seconds with a bit of glue, and you are ready to fly again. The Wargo Yak 55 a blast to fly, and because it takes the fear of hitting the ground, it lets you try aerobatics you cannot with your high-end balsa models.

Product Specifications:
Fuselage length: 1080mm (42.15 in.) Wingspan: 1096mm (43.1 in.)
Flying Weight: 690 – 760 grams (with battery) Motor: HobbyKing
Donkey ST3007-1100kv Brushless Motor ESC: Aerostar 30A Electronic Speed Controller
with 2A BEC (2~4S)
Propeller: 10*4.7 SF or 11*4.7 SF Servo: 9-12 grams micro servo - 4 pcs Radio: 4 or more channels
Battery: 11.1V 3S 1300 – 1800 mAh
Li-Po 25C
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2017, 08:22 AM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
OK Guys... Release of the Michael Wargo Yak 55 by Hobbyking. Already produced will be available to purchase in a couple weeks I hope

I have been working on a Michael Wargo Signature series of planes for Hobbyking. I wanted first to redo the Yak 55 EPP I thought was such a great trainer. Hobbyking was great about getting this right. New better hardware and other improvements are making this a great airplane. IT flies absolutely great.

This is the first one and I am really excited about it because training is what I have been about for a few years now. It is what I feel is the best plane for learning 3d. It is because it doesn't fly like the super light ones. It is a transition plane to balsa, but easier to repair than anything. You can watch any of my yak 55 vids to see it, but this one is better.

I am currently have the only one flying and have taken some video and pics. Will release the video soon.

I am going to ask all of you to support this by visiting the thread and helping me get the word out! Tell your friends and everyone else about it. If this one sells well, they will commit to doing a lot more 3d planes. It is inexpensive to easy to buy and own, and I picked good components that are cheap as well.

Here is the owners manual. In it is also some tips and other things I contributed including my setup.
Mar 09, 2017, 08:38 AM
Looks like I need another airplane.
Is that WRONG
Mar 09, 2017, 09:04 AM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
Wrong????? IT's the RC rule! Always need another airplane!
Mar 09, 2017, 09:17 AM
Subscribed.
Mar 09, 2017, 10:04 AM

Great, Michael

I hope they sell like hotcakes!

Best,
David
Mar 09, 2017, 10:44 AM
Congrats! I'll keep an eye out for its release.

Paul
Mar 09, 2017, 11:05 AM
out to have fun
Subscribed.
Mar 09, 2017, 11:23 AM
Interesting, is this a PNP? Or kit
Mar 09, 2017, 12:06 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Congrats Michael!!!

Sure I'll buy one.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:22 PM
Canucklehead
Looks like airfoil epp wing. Symmetrical or no?

Sent from my iPhone while my heli plays with the gophers
Latest blog entry: Little bout me
Mar 09, 2017, 04:03 PM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
Yes to both
Mar 09, 2017, 04:08 PM
Congrats Michael, looking forward to the purchase.
Mar 09, 2017, 05:09 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Looks like it can hover well!

Quick Reply