RISE House Racer FPV Race Gate System - RCGroups Review - RC Groups

RISE House Racer FPV Race Gate System - RCGroups Review

Get your race team started off right with these great looking and durable gates from RISE. The system comes with all you need for a basic drone racing course, and additional gates are available.

RISE House Racer FPV Gate System - RCGroups Review

A Modular Race Gate System That Can Grow With Your Course Needs

Build them or buy them, that is the race gate question. Anyone who's been bitten by the micro drone racing bug can attest to the convenience of ripping through a house, turning each and every piece of furniture into a challenging obstacle. The minuscule size of a Tiny Whoop or similar quad transforms even the smallest homes into large explore-able courses with no wind, rain, or extreme temperatures to worry about. At some point, you and your friends will want to invest in some gates to legitimatize your ragtag race team, and the option to build your gates or buy some will come into play.

For those on a "severe" budget, building gates is the way to go. But for the rest of you (including myself) that consider time a legal currency, buying gates that are ready for service upon delivery is a welcome alternative. Enter the RISE House Racer FPV Gate System; for $39.99, you get four different gates and three arrows that make a simple course. All of the gates by RISE can be purchased separately, making this a very expandable system that can grow with your racing team. Let's take a look at what's included with the RISE House Racer FPV Gate System, and check out some of the separate gates that are available.

CLICK HERE for the RISE House Racer FPV Race Gate System

Video Review:

RISE House Racer FPV Race Gates System - RCGroups Review (4 min 19 sec)

The RISE House Racer FPV Race Gate System

The FPV Race Gate System comes with two hoops, a corner flag, a checkered gate, and three foam arrows. The base of each gate can be stood up without any support, but collisions with the gate will usually knock it over. To remedy this, RISE includes some 3M adhesive tape. Additionally, holes in the base allow for permanent mounting on walls or floors, or short pieces of included tube can be inserted to stabilize the base.

The checkered flag gate can be assembled at two heights; I prefer the lower setting as it's more challenging.

Optional Gates

Conclusion

Cheap gates can be made from almost any material. But in many instances, high-quality manufactured gates are the way to go, especially at club-level racing. The RISE House-Racer FPV Race Gate System is easy to setup, quite modular, and they look great to boot! If you're in the market for an indoor gate system that can grow, I highly recommend looking at the House Racer FPV Race Gate System.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 08, 2017 at 10:40 AM..
Mar 08, 2017, 10:42 AM
Sweet

Whoop it up
Mar 08, 2017, 10:11 PM
Permanently Banned
Sorry, but these aren't "high-quality manufactured gates."
Otherwise, a good idea.
Mar 09, 2017, 06:19 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac96
Sorry, but these aren't "high-quality manufactured gates."
Otherwise, a good idea.
I'll disagree with you there. Quality is great on them, no issues to note. Thanks for your opinion.
Mar 09, 2017, 09:43 PM
Permanently Banned
You're welcome. They might also need slightly larger plates on the bottom. However, the JST connector on the LED gate should make it easy to splice in a lipo.
Last edited by Isaac96; Mar 09, 2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo
Mar 12, 2017, 08:02 AM
I believe these gates are based on EL wires, not LEDs.
Mar 12, 2017, 10:48 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohurap
I believe these gates are based on EL wires, not LEDs.
Thanks, but Hobbico does label them as LED.
http://www.explore-rise.com/accessor...ions#prod-menu
Apr 04, 2017, 11:58 PM
Valiant Poultry
Matt, thanks for the review. How well do they work with the House Racer 125? I know that's a larger quad than the Whoop/Inductrix.

I'm trying to get a buddy to get a House Racer kit to go with the one I just bought, and we would probably get a few gate kits to use to set up a course in his wide open basement and outdoors on calm days.

Do you think that two House Racer 125s would fit through the gate at once if the situation arose, or would that be too tight of a fit?

Thanks!
Apr 13, 2017, 01:50 AM
Valiant Poultry
I went ahead and ordered the base system. I figure for practicing in the yard and around the house they'll be great.