Avios Grand Tundra from HobbyKing - RC Groups
Mar 08, 2017, 06:29 AM
slats move, slots don't
New Product

Avios Grand Tundra from HobbyKing

Avios Grand Tundra - HobbyKing Announcement Daily (3 min 10 sec)

1700mm wingspan

Well done Stuart!
Last edited by AndyHK; Mar 08, 2017 at 06:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2017, 08:08 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Woot!
Mar 08, 2017, 08:21 AM
Wings connect the same as the other tundra ?
Mar 08, 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager
In the video it says they are 3mm machined screws. I would hope that ALL screws in this model are beefier than the Tundra, due to the larger size. At 1:37 there is a pan across the top of the wing, showing the vortex gens, and it appears to be the same style, but the screw heads look better.
Mar 08, 2017, 08:27 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedsnager
Stuart mentions that the PCB wing connectors have been redesigned for the Grand Tundra.
Mar 08, 2017, 08:30 AM
Not in a hurry to buy one-you woulda thought the floats would at least have rudders like EVERY other plane on the market-I may get one one day but it depends on how many unicorn tears they charge among other things. I already have 2 regular ones and a colour one, I think I have enough tundras-dunno.......not gonna race out and buy one asap that's for sure.
Mar 08, 2017, 08:51 AM
aRCee Moloko [YT]
Ooohhh.. NICE!

I would not mind having one..
Mar 08, 2017, 09:19 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
Looks to be a nice toss in the truck and go, size.
Latest blog entry: Pics for reference
Mar 08, 2017, 10:14 AM
How long till Walter finds this thread?
Mar 08, 2017, 10:18 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
I've been told by a reliable source that his name is Adrian. He saw the same link for this thread in the Tundy thread, so who knows.
Latest blog entry: Pics for reference
Mar 08, 2017, 10:23 AM
I need buy a pickup truck or a SUV since all I have now is a small Subaru Impreza. I need to take the wings off of my Timber and current size Tundra barely fits with the wings on with back seat folded down. Not sure if I will buy the larger Tundra when it is released.

Geeze never thought about buying a larger vechicle to support my RC airplane habit.

Tony
Mar 08, 2017, 12:35 PM
aRCee Moloko [YT]
1700mm fits nice in my van. Drop it in and fly!

If I need to build it up I think I rather take the bigger CZC with me.

I had the plan to get the FunCub XL for this summer, but this looks more to my liking.
Hope the price is right!
Mar 08, 2017, 01:04 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
Mar 08, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony617
I need buy a pickup truck or a SUV since all I have now is a small Subaru Impreza. I need to take the wings off of my Timber and current size Tundra barely fits with the wings on with back seat folded down. Not sure if I will buy the larger Tundra when it is released.

Geeze never thought about buying a larger vechicle to support my RC airplane habit.

Tony
When i started in this hobby 5 years ago i had a Ford Focus,6 months later i bought a Volvo V 70.
Mar 08, 2017, 02:17 PM
Head NEAT geek
Stuart sent me a pre-production some time ago to help him with motor/prop selection. It is REALLY a great flying model. I like it so much better than the Carbon Cub and the Multiplex Fun Cub XL that are in the same size class.

Because of it's size, it does seem to fly even better than little brother, and that's hard to beat!

you WILL enjoy this one!

I already have "plans" for mine.

Tom