New DYS 83mm RTF mini Racing quadcopter including Radio - RC Groups
Mar 08, 2017, 03:27 AM
Discussion

New DYS 83mm RTF mini Racing quadcopter including Radio

Hi Guys
Another new micro quad on the market, and this time ,it's using brushless motor. A lot of featured below:

DYS 83mm quadcopter could be the smallest racing quad ever using brushless motors.
It's almost like a full-sized racing quad with F3 flight control and 4 in 1 Esc squeezed into a 83mm tiny body with even ideal propeller protection.

By using the race degree hardwares like 4 in 1 Dshot ESC, F3 flight control,1102 KV10000 brushless motor, this quadcopter can do all the moves that a 220mm racing quad could do and more than that, you can fly it safely indoors or outdoors avoiding high spare part cost.

The quadcopter is using 1.7in 3 blade propeller which offers it great power. The receiver is Frsky Type that is compatible with most FRSKY radio.

You can choose to use the radio coming with this quadcopter or use your own FRSKY radio like X9D or X12S.

The quad comes everything you need even including a 800tvl camera and a 25mw 40CH 5.8G VTX
That's compatible with most video receivers or FPV goggles on the market.

Specifications:
Wheelbase: 83mm
Brushless Motor: 1102 10000KV
Brushless ESC: BLHeli - S 10A
Flight Control: F3
Battery: 550mAh 2S LiPo
Weight: 80g
Flight Time: 4 minutes
Camera: 800TVL HD
Video transmitter: 5.8G 40CH 25mW

Order here: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/dys-elf-8...ing-drone.html

Shipping date will be sooner or later in April

Any question or comment you can leave below, we can then update more information
Last edited by glassfox; Apr 21, 2017 at 08:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2017, 03:35 AM
Enjoy 10% off for a DYS mini drone with FOXTECH Promotion for Mothers' Day-->>>
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...y#post37442121

Post a picture of ur dreamy drone, you can get a coupon.

Last edited by glassfox; May 04, 2017 at 01:19 AM.
Mar 08, 2017, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox
Welcome any comment.
No osd, no afhds 2a, not interrested.
Mar 08, 2017, 04:51 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
It would be nice to offer more protocols, but FrSky is very widely used among multirotor pilots, and can often also be added to the more versatile transmitters, like Devo series, and more. OSD would have been nice though, it's starting to become a common feature on small FPV craft. And quite invaluable, unless this one supports battery telemetry, so the transmitter can monitor the voltage, and you know when it's time to land.

I would love to test this one if there are review samples available. It should easily bind to my Taranis. Or I could test the RTF, the bundled transmitter might be a nice option for people that want FrSky, but don't want to invest in buying an X9D transmitter.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Mar 08, 2017 at 05:05 AM.
Mar 08, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragje
hmmm, need an OSD to read voltage? or horizon level?
I am sure this one is only for indoor fun. I assume if we have the possibility to use FUTABA compatible RX on it.
that should be nice, maybe it has PPM or SBUS port, let's see.
Mar 08, 2017, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
It would be nice to offer more protocols, but FrSky is very widely used among multirotor pilots, and can often also be added to the more versatile transmitters, like Devo series, and more. OSD would have been nice though, it's starting to become a common feature on small FPV craft. And quite invaluable, unless this one supports battery telemetry, so the transmitter can monitor the voltage, and you know when it's time to land.

I would love to test this one if there are review samples available. It should easily bind to my Taranis. Or I could test the RTF, the bundled transmitter might be a nice option for people that want FrSky, but don't want to invest in buying an X9D transmitter.
the bundled transmitter is along with FRSKY protocol. so I guess maybe most FRSKY radio is compatible with this quad.
Mar 08, 2017, 07:33 AM
Earthbound Misfit
I don't think this one will be indoor only. Looks like a good small quad for indoors on bad days but more than capable of back yard fun when the weather is nice.

Yeah OSD for the battery is really nice but I use a timer a lot so not a deal breaker for me there
Mar 08, 2017, 08:53 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
the bundled transmitter is along with FRSKY protocol. so I guess maybe most FRSKY radio is compatible with this quad.

If that bundled radio is any good considering range and stability, and doesn't cost too much, it might sell very well as standalone too.

Anyway, I hope these will be sent to some reviewers, as the price is quite high to take a gamble and just get one, to check if it's any good.
Mar 08, 2017, 10:05 AM
Quote:
hmmm, need an OSD to read voltage? or horizon level?
I am sure this one is only for indoor fun. I assume if we have the possibility to use FUTABA compatible RX on it.
that should be nice, maybe it has PPM or SBUS port, let's see.
Voltage and timer would be of interrest.
Also agree with SPF and maplechill. i see lots of outside possibilities for this. Also if the price for the TX isnt too high and the TX offers most needed options for quad pilots, it might be a nice new entry tx with frsky protocol.

Just saw, that the price difference between bnf and rtf is only 7$? That's a bit odd.
Anyway, i'd love to get a review unit, but since i'm still fairly new to the hobby and havnt uploaded any videos yet, i guess i'm out of the picture. so make sure u're sending SPF one <3
Mar 08, 2017, 02:30 PM
Very nice little quad indeed like others stated a osd would be nice and more about the transmitter rather than a plain picture,I have been thinking that by the end of the year we will see less and less brushed quads around and more brushless.
Mar 08, 2017, 03:54 PM
I'm certainly holding off on anymore Tiny Whoop brushed type purchases and wait for brushless ones. As long as they have ducts or prop guards to minimize damage to inside of a house, they will sell.

I do like the low profile looks and prop ducts of this one compared to X73S, Kingkong 90, etc...
Mar 08, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
My exact same thoughts, but I do love this design. Great job.
Mar 08, 2017, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Voltage and timer would be of interrest.
Also agree with SPF and maplechill. i see lots of outside possibilities for this. Also if the price for the TX isnt too high and the TX offers most needed options for quad pilots, it might be a nice new entry tx with frsky protocol.

Just saw, that the price difference between bnf and rtf is only 7$? That's a bit odd.
Anyway, i'd love to get a review unit, but since i'm still fairly new to the hobby and havnt uploaded any videos yet, i guess i'm out of the picture. so make sure u're sending SPF one <3
yeah, the price for the radio is very little, though the most cost is with the FC, motor and VTX perhaps,
in my option , the bundled radio only offers needed function,
I use X9D and X12S ,both of them are nice radios, so I assume I will use my own radio instead of the bundled radio.
but for futaba and JR users it's better to buy the whole set, since it's so cheap.
Mar 08, 2017, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109
I'm certainly holding off on anymore Tiny Whoop brushed type purchases and wait for brushless ones. As long as they have ducts or prop guards to minimize damage to inside of a house, they will sell.

I do like the low profile looks and prop ducts of this one compared to X73S, Kingkong 90, etc...
we are testing the flexible printing material and had great successes.
I am thinking about making the whole body of these kind of micro quad with the same material
so it will be indestructible
Mar 08, 2017, 11:53 PM
I would love to try this quad. I can fly it with my son togather.