Mar 08, 2017, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Realacc DC220 (FROG Race clone), Realacc Purple215... - New Aluminum Frames

This thread pertains to the following frames, all of which contain some aluminum structural components:
Realacc DC220
TransTEC Lightning Race 215mm
Realacc Metalstar 200mm
MANGO No.29 210mm
Realacc Purple 215
Awesome F200
FROG Race/Lite

Update: Realacc has released their own version of the popular but discontinued FROG Race, the Realacc DC220

Realacc D220: https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-DC220-220mm-4mm-Arm-thickness-Carbon-Fiber-Frame-Kit-for-Multirotor-p-1185835.html

TransTEC Lightning Race 215mm: https://www.banggood.com/TransTEC-Lightning-Race-215mm-5mm-3K-Full-Carbon-Fiber-Frame-Kit-BlueSliver-for-Multirotor-p-1182387.html

Realacc Metalstar 200mm:https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Metalstar-200mm-3mm-Arm-Thickness-70756061-CNC-Aluminum-Frame-Kit-p-1178940.html

MANGO No.29 210mm 3K Carbon Fiber Frame Kit with CNC Aluminum Alloy Body:https://www.banggood.com/MANGO-No_29-210mm-3K-Carbon-Fiber-Frame-Kit-with-CNC-Aluminum-Alloy-Body-p-1176008.html

Realacc Purple215: https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Purple215-215mm-4mm-Arm-Thickness-Carbon-Fiber-Frame-Kit-for-Multirotor-p-1165695.html

Awesome F200 Product Page: http://www.banggood.com/Awesome-F200-200mm-4mm-Arm-FPV-Racing-X-Frame-Carbon-Fiber-CNC-Aluminum-Alloy-p-1142330.html

FROG Race/Lite Product Page: http://www.banggood.com/Frog-Race-Frog-Lite-218mm-Carbon-Fiber-4mm-Arm-X-Frame-DIY-Frame-Kit-p-1131900.html

[SIZE="4"]

TransTEC Lightning Race 215 Description:

Specification:
Brand name: TransTEC
Item name: Lingtning race frame kit
Wheelbase: 215mm
weight: 79g
Color: blue, silver (option)
Bottom plate: 5mm 3K full carbon
Upper shell: aviation aluminum-alloy
Screws: 12.9 Class YFS screw/ TransTEC T Screws
LED board: 5V 100MA 0.2W*3

Mango NO. 29 210mm Description:
Specification:
Brand name: MANGORC
Model: MANGORC No.29
Wheelbase: 210mm
Weight: 105g
Motherboard thickness: 4mm
Bottom board thickness: 1.5mm
Aluminum Alloy thickness: 4mm

Features:
-3k high strength carbon brazing palte
-CNC aluminum alloy body, resistance to fall and collision
-aluminum alloy multiple reinforcement makes assembly and dissembly more convenient

Realacc Purple215 Description:

Specification:
Brand name: Realacc
Item name: Purple215 215mm frame kit
Wheelbase: 215mm
Material: carbon fiber
Net weight: 106g
Top plate thickness: 1.5mm
Side plate thickness: 2mm
Bottom plate thickness: 4mm

Awesome F200 Description:

Brand: Awesome
Item name: F200 FPV Racing Frame
Wheel base: 200mm
Wing length: 127mm
Weight: 75g
Material: 3K carbon fiber
Thickness of side plate: 2mm
Thickness of bottom plate: 4mm

Features:
4mm thick carbon fiber drone frame, with 1.5mm chamfering on the edge.
True-X shape frame, standard center, making a lower center of gravity and more accurate flight action.
On both sides of the fuselage with CNC carved aluminum alloy.
Suitable propeller size 5 inch. 
Designed around popular cams in cases such as the gopro, runcam.
Side plates support to carry HD camera such as the HS1190, HS1170, Swift etc.

FROG Race/Lite Description:
Item name: Frog Race Frog Lite
Wheel base: 218mm
Material: 3K carbon fiber
Upper shell: aviation aluminum-alloy
Screws: 12.9 class screw
Weight:
Frog Race: 88g
Frog Lite: 95g

Features:
Ultralight 3K full carbin fiber
Aircraft grade aluminum alloy
4mm thick chassis, true "X" frame
Optional versions:
Frog Race version: integrated bottom plate & frame arm
Frog Lite version: parted bottom plate & frame arms
Last edited by D Gains; Aug 14, 2017 at 02:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2017, 09:26 PM
I just ordered the race version and will be putting some Emax RS2205S motors on it with the Runcam Swift Mini. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I really like the look of this frame.
Mar 28, 2017, 12:01 PM
Here's my part list:

http://rotorbuilds.com/build/3075

I'm going for a semi-budget build with better than average components and an overall light weight.
Apr 07, 2017, 11:19 PM
I like Ice Cream
Anyone built this yet? Where does the vtx antenna go?
Apr 07, 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanGoat View Post
Anyone built this yet? Where does the vtx antenna go?
I'm still waiting for mine, but I plan to send it out from under the top plate. I'm using the VTX03, so it'll just be a tiny dipole antenna.
Apr 13, 2017, 12:33 AM
Just wrapping up my build. I really love the look of this frame! I'll have a complete part list and build guide up shortly.
Apr 13, 2017, 06:54 AM
Sweet lookin' build!

Could you measure the length of the top plate for me? I'm curious if I could fit a BN-880 GPS on the rear of the top plate, but still squeeze my Mobius mini in front of it
Apr 13, 2017, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleX View Post
Just wrapping up my build. I really love the look of this frame!
That is a really nice looking frame (and a neat build)!
Apr 13, 2017, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
Sweet lookin' build!

Could you measure the length of the top plate for me? I'm curious if I could fit a BN-880 GPS on the rear of the top plate, but still squeeze my Mobius mini in front of it
The top plate is a hair over 3 inches. I'm planning to fly a Mobius mini on this as well and I don't think there will be much room for anything else. Why put a GPS on a racer?
Apr 13, 2017, 10:17 AM
Quote:
The top plate is a hair over 3 inches. I'm planning to fly a Mobius mini on this as well and I don't think there will be much room for anything else. Why put a GPS on a racer?
EDITED. Maybe I should remember things. (Hi!)
Apr 13, 2017, 10:53 AM
Quote:
I have a 210 sized quad built on the Kensun KK210 frame with iNAV loaded on the FC. I don't actually race gates with it or do freestyle or proximity flying. I live on the edge of corn fields and I fly out over all that empty space communing with the hawks and just farting around in the sky. Fully functional GPS nav capability gives me reliable RTH on a switch, or upon fail safe, if I lose either control or video signal.

I lost one in fully grown corn once, and it took me many grueling hours to find it. With GPS, DVR, and Tbeacon, that aint ever happening again

The KK210 frame I'm using is more suited to that really, with more room to mount stuff. But I like the look of the Frog frame.
Apr 13, 2017, 10:59 AM
The BN-880 is 28 x 28 x 10 mm, and the Mobius Mini is about 46 mm long (the case not including the lens that protrudes beyond the case). That's right about 3 inches, so it just might work.

I like the more shallow uptilt of the top plate compared to other X frames, like the GEP ZX5. 45 degrees is way more aggressive than I need. 10-20 is good enough.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:23 PM
@ WhiffleX

From the pics it almost looks like it could take 6" props. Got any 6" props handy you could throw on just to see if they're dooable?

I think 5" props are the sweet spot with the batteries we have now and the motors and ESC's. But 6" props are quieter, because you can get plenty of thrust at lower RPM's for cruising around.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
@ WhiffleX

From the pics it almost looks like it could take 6" props. Got any 6" props handy you could throw on just to see if they're dooable?

I think 5" props are the sweet spot with the batteries we have now and the motors and ESC's. But 6" props are quieter, because you can get plenty of thrust at lower RPM's for cruising around.
I had the same thought, but the front doesn't have space for 6". I'm pretty sure there's enough space in the back though. Even if you used the 4mm raisers for the alu sides you'd probably only end up with 5mm to 6mm of clearance between the prop blade and the frame.
Apr 13, 2017, 02:57 PM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
Quote:
Just wrapping up my build. I really love the look of this frame! I'll have a complete part list and build guide up shortly.
nice... looking clean whiffle. what kind of range are you getting with that dipole?

Quick Reply