Mar 07, 2017, 03:45 PM
Discussion

Level and trims

Good mosrning Guys, I have a vector and after a couple of flights with it I am very happy with it But I have a question about setting level with trims. I have set level on the ground si that on launch it will climb slightly which makes hand launch with the Bix much easier, but naturaly will climb slightly through out flight, I am flying at this stage in 2D no hold. Question being is it possible to use the trims in flight to set level flight and just centre trims before next flight.Or set true level and onlly use trims for launch, or will just continue to pitch up more and more after launch, I hope I have explained this properly!
Neal
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2017, 01:53 AM
because rust never sleeps....
I use a Taranis and have a switch assigned to apply 10% up elevator. Combined with 2D No Hold, this makes a great launch mode, which I can flick back off after launch.

Because trims will fight with "level" (stabilised modes), you should not really be adjusting trims in flight without doing the "incorporate trims" function straight after - which seems to have been specially designed to make it really difficult to do !
Mar 08, 2017, 07:35 AM
I shall take the advice on board, I shall set up a switch for launch, thats exactly what I was after. Thanks
Neal