Mar 06, 2017, 12:04 PM
Discussion

Vector not getting RSSI signal from DragonLink

I am a noob to both the DL and the Vector. As I mentioned in the subject, the Vector OSD shows a question mark for the RSSI signal.
I am running the DL v3 with latest beta firmware
I have the DL wired (signal and GRD) from the DL Ch8 where I assigned the analog RSSI output
to the VectorUART port white wire(signal) and black(grd).

I have rerun the Vector RX wizard, but the RSSI is never recognized. I can get the telemetry on my Taranis x9D plus but not the Vectors OSD.
I have checked the DL signal wire voltage and it is around ~3V.

I want to use the Bluetooth and Tower app to track my flight so as I understand it I have to change the radio modem setup which stops my Taranis from getting the telemetry so I need the RSSI value recognized by the Vector and displayed on the OSD.
Please help,
Chad
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2017, 08:52 AM
Hello,

RSSI has nothing to do with the UART port. If you are assigning RSSI to channel 8 as an analog output, then you will connect channel 8 on the DL RX to the RSSI pin on the Vector.

Regards, John
Mar 08, 2017, 11:00 AM
So do I understand I have two options.
1) unassign the RSSI from the DL ch8
or
2) As you stated connect the signal wire from DL Ch8(RSSI assigned) to Vectors RSSI pin?

One more question. Is it possible to have the telemetry on the Taranis AND use the Bluetooth feature so I can flight track on my android phone?

Thanks, Chad
Mar 09, 2017, 03:30 PM
What do I set the RSSI in the Vector setup.... Ch8?
Mar 10, 2017, 09:51 AM
Hello,

If you are using analog RSSI, connect whatever channel you have set in your DL as the analog output to the RSSI pin on the Vector. If you are setting your RSSI to a channel in the PPM stream on the DL, then set that channel in the Vector software to RSSI.

Regards, John
Mar 11, 2017, 09:58 AM
Thank you JohnET, I am now flying with a full telemetry including the RSSI.
-Chad