Thread Tools
Mar 05, 2017, 04:13 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Bruce DeVisser's Avatar

2017 Los Banos 24th Scale Aerotow and Slope Event - Date corrected

Hi SBSS'ers,

The Parks department re-opened Los Banos Creek Reservoir State Park 3/1/2017, after several months closure. We had obtained an AMA Sanction expecting it would re-open - the event will be APRIL 22 & 23rd, 2017 to avoid Easter Weekend.

We will have a simpler event this year, no t-shirts (still have some 2016's left), Saturday Burgers, Dogs, and Baked Beans lunch, same 3 awards as usual. No Cash Raffle is planned but we may be able to do a Pilot's Raffle.

We need a volunteer to bring a gas or charcoal grill and cook.

We need additional volunteers to help with organizing the site on Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning for parking, registration, and general safety.

More info to follow.

Bruce DeVisser
Lynsel Miller
Last edited by Bruce DeVisser; Mar 06, 2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: date typo
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2017, 12:22 PM
High Lift Coefficient
Sailhigh's Avatar
I think you mean April 22, 23rd.

Mar 06, 2017, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Do we need to sign up?
Mar 06, 2017, 08:01 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Bruce DeVisser's Avatar

Los Banos Scale 2017 Registration

Registration is available at:

Advance registration is much appreciated to gauge site requirements.
Mar 27, 2017, 01:42 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Steve C's Avatar
Hopefully they will have it open by then. I was just there and they wouldn't let us in, even though we called to check yesterday.
Mar 28, 2017, 02:29 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Bruce DeVisser's Avatar
If there has been significant rain within the past 5 days they can keep it closed. Best to call ahead on the day.

Also it hasn't been mowed - the grass is very high.
Mar 28, 2017, 10:33 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Steve C's Avatar
I think it depends on who's holding the keys since there was no significant rain between the time we called and when we were there.
Apr 19, 2017, 01:33 PM
Registered User
Since there has been rain up to yesterday, is the event still going to happen?
Apr 19, 2017, 05:27 PM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Bruce DeVisser's Avatar
As of today it's a go.
Apr 20, 2017, 09:16 AM
Registered User
Will you keep posting the status? Or is there a number we need to call?
Apr 20, 2017, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Will anyone be flying other days, or mostly on Saturday? The wind looks iffy for slope on Saturday...
Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 AM
E-Scale & Sailplane Guy
Bruce DeVisser's Avatar
The Park is open! There are a few guys who were heading out today or tomorrow. We'll be out there Friday by noon.
Apr 20, 2017, 07:41 PM
Registered User
I intend to go tomorrow, Friday, with an assortment of planes.
Apr 21, 2017, 01:36 AM
Registered User
wizzzer's Avatar
I will be there to fly Sat. AM and can cook if someone brings a barbecue.
Bob Smith
Apr 21, 2017, 04:14 PM
Registered User
I had kid commitments today, so I'm planning on heading to Los Banos on Saturday. Hopefully there will be sufficient wind of acceptable direction...