Mar 08, 2017, 06:44 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Please feel free to post some pics of your model BHOFM

I found this interesting from Wikipedia .. The Taube was designed in 1909 by Igo Etrich of Austria-Hungary, and first flew in 1910. It was licensed for serial production by Lohner-Werke in Austria and by Edmund Rumpler in Germany, now called the Etrich-Rumpler-Taube. Rumpler soon changed the name to Rumpler-Taube, and stopped paying royalties to Etrich, who subsequently abandoned his patent.

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2017, 06:55 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
And the first bomb dropped from an aircraft, was dropped from a Taube.
Mar 08, 2017, 07:21 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Mine is a bit simpler, designed and built in a day. Run to the bike shop tomorrow and pick up
some tubing and it will be flight ready in ten minutes.

38", 10oz, Emax CL2805, 1300kv, 9X4.7, 12a esc, 5g servos. 2s 800 X2. about 65w.

Need to pick a pilot, Grand daughter does that for me.

Between the landing gear are the tanks for the flame thrower.

Mar 08, 2017, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the pics mate, look forward to seeing some video of it flying ... if possible

Lockey
Mar 08, 2017, 07:54 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Get over the flu and get some decent weather and I'll give it a go.

Ten miles north of me a couple days ago they have wind over 150mph,
Mar 08, 2017, 09:20 PM
Finished the trim

Lockey
Mar 08, 2017, 09:34 PM
Sports Taube anyone ? .. doesn't look very sporty to me

The Etrich Sport-Taube was a one off, single engine, one seat monoplane, built in Czechoslovakia in 1929

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Mar 09, 2017 at 12:56 AM.
Mar 09, 2017, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Finished the trim

Lockey
Nice trim work.
Mar 09, 2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks Michael, I am not really good at finishing off my planes ... every now and again one looks good

Lockey
Mar 09, 2017, 08:10 PM
When cows fly!
Is that a "Every now and then a pig finds a truffle!" comment?
Mar 09, 2017, 08:27 PM
Here am I already working on a 5mm DTFB (Ez-build) version for the guys who aren't keen on rolling

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Mar 09, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Mar 10, 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Here am I already working on a 5mm DTFB (Ez-build) version for the guys who aren't keen on rolling

Lockey
Looks great to me! I think you can still keep all the formers rounded and use poster board (FT style) to get the curves. Since the central plate runs the length I think I can hook my power pod to that. May just have to fiddle with dimensions to make sure the battery fits under the pod.

Let me know when available please.
Mar 10, 2017, 06:02 PM
The trim looks smashing!

I decided to push the boat out and get the plans printed so I don't have to sit there for hours sticking bits of paper together.

They look far too nice to cut into bits!
Mar 10, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
Looks great to me! I think you can still keep all the formers rounded and use poster board (FT style) to get the curves. Since the central plate runs the length I think I can hook my power pod to that. May just have to fiddle with dimensions to make sure the battery fits under the pod.

Let me know when available please.

Hi jpot, I am sure it would fit OK, would just need the front making a bit bigger and still plenty of room for the battery on the underside

Quote:
I decided to push the boat out and get the plans printed so I don't have to sit there for hours sticking bits of paper together.

They look far too nice to cut into bits!
And .. in colour too scorchy ... did you know its much cheaper to have them printed in just B&W (or at least it is over here in Oz)

Lockey
Mar 10, 2017, 06:18 PM
Quote:
And .. in colour too scorchy ... did you know its much cheaper to have them printed in just B&W (or at least it is over here in Oz)

Lockey
Yes but look at the lovely colours!

I just checked it's half the price! 2.37 instead of 5.50. Oh well I know for next time