Feb 27, 2018, 06:25 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Fantastic video Ray and great flying .. camera man did a great job of keeping the Taube in frame

I thought the old timer was very agile (the Taube I mean)

Well done mate and thanks for sharing

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2018, 08:57 AM
When cows fly!
I am pretty sure the Taube was not rated for rolls and loops! Let alone hovering :0
Mar 01, 2018, 12:26 PM
Out the Window
dpalmer, No, I think the pilot of the original Taube was happy to take off and land without a crash, no fancy flying. Ignaz Etrich would be impressed with Lockey's design and the way it flys. My power to weight/wing area is much higher.

Lockey. I think I know what you mean.....not the Taube. Yep, the young guys can fly your design much better than I, but I doubt that they enjoy it more! Great design!!! It will be in the air on Sunday if the weather holds. Sunday my face =

Thanks guys,
Ray
Mar 02, 2018, 05:52 PM
You know Ray .. I am happy to take off and land without crashing these days too mate

Friend of mine (Pete) flew my original one and he could make it hover .. in fact he was so impressed with it he asked me to sell it to him .. so I did .. and then I built the bigger one

Lockey

Peter flying the Taube (4 min 34 sec)
Last edited by Lockey; Mar 02, 2018 at 06:01 PM.
Mar 02, 2018, 06:11 PM
Beautiful flying Ray! Smooth and controlled, really nice to watch

Lockey, as a proper Yorkshireman, you got a proper price for your hard work?

The Taube really is a beauty.

Adam
Mar 02, 2018, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
Beautiful flying Ray! Smooth and controlled, really nice to watch

Lockey, as a proper Yorkshireman, you got a proper price for your hard work?

The Taube really is a beauty.

Adam
Adam, I am told that Yorkshiremen are a bit on the stingy side BUT .. I have to admit, I mustnít be a real Yorkshireman as I am NOT at all stingy, infact quite the opposite

When I sell my models, all I ask is the price of the parts really .. just so I can re-buy new parts for my future builds.

Must admit, the Taube is one of my best flying models

Lockey
Mar 02, 2018, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Adam, I am told that Yorkshiremen are a bit on the stingy side BUT .. I have to admit, I mustn’t be a real Yorkshireman as I am NOT at all stingy, infact quite the opposite

When I sell my models, all I ask is the price of the parts really .. just so I can re-buy new parts for my future builds.

Must admit, the Taube is one of my best flying models

Lockey
I know, you are probably the least stingiest person. Just another example of why stereotypes are all wrong.

However, copper wire was invented by two Scots fighting over a penny. Please don't tell me that's wrong...
Mar 13, 2018, 01:29 PM
Scratch building addict
Wow one of my favorite planes, just such a cool shape and very nicely done. A long time ago I found reference to a foamy taube kit but was no longer being made.

That video knocks me out - especially the takeoff.......plenty of power - so many planes so little time.

Scratch-building is where it's at, since there is so little stuff like this being produced.
Mar 13, 2018, 06:34 PM
If you can't be bothered cutting the parts out, have a look at my old mates site http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/planes/lockey.htm I am sure Bob will do this one for you

Lockey
Mar 14, 2018, 04:19 PM
Scratch building addict
I have this one on my list of "to do" which is always too large.

For some reason I have Pterosaurs on the brain so I think my next will be a flying reptile. No plans no problem..

Quick Reply