Apr 17, 2017, 09:56 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Looking really good Jason

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2017, 06:19 PM
If anyone is interested, I have started a list of supplies I use on most of my builds ... it might help some of the newer guys to scratch building .. most I buy from Hobby King (cheap and easily accessible) but similar items are available elsewhere .. try E-Bay you can get some good bargains with free shipping

https://www.lockeysrcplans.com/supplies

Lockey
Apr 18, 2017, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
If anyone is interested, I have started a list of supplies I use on most of my builds ... it might help some of the newer guys to scratch building .. most I buy from Hobby King (cheap and easily accessible) but similar items are available elsewhere .. try E-Bay you can get some good bargains with free shipping

Lockey
Very helpful, thank you!
Apr 19, 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey

Lockey
Wish I'd know about the thing to aid with the soldering of connectors a bit sooner!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mr-jig-soldering-aid.html

and

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/phenolic...onnectors.html

I did drill some holes in a bit of wood to help me but these are much snazzier!

Busy making a shopping list.

The Taube is looking brilliant Jason. I'm looking forward to seeing it fly.
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 19, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
Apr 19, 2017, 09:14 AM
When cows fly!
I do like the soldering jig!
Apr 20, 2017, 08:30 PM
Just about finished up. Have to redo the cockpit area as my wing is a little off. Made a little hatch on the bottom of the fuse and a 1300 3s balances nicely just Slightly back from the cg. Not my best build as the foam is chewed up in a few places but has been a fun build. Will probably maiden as is this weekend and belly land for now.
Apr 20, 2017, 09:04 PM
Looking good mate, look forward to seeing the maiden ... wow, battery so far back

Lockey
Apr 21, 2017, 06:21 AM
Yes I was expecting it further forward more inline with the front of the wing. I think because I moved my servos inside the fuse and closer to the wing is causing this.

Lockey/ Adam , any suggestions for initial throws?
Apr 21, 2017, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
Yes I was expecting it further forward more inline with the front of the wing. I think because I moved my servos inside the fuse and closer to the wing is causing this.

Small throw on elevator ... its big ... large throws on ailerons

Lockey
Apr 21, 2017, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1

The elevator is limited by the rudder, I just tuned it until it gently touched the top and bottom bit rather than bashing into it.

Aileron's were 70-80% of full with a small amount of rudder mixed in.

Edit: What Lockey said
Apr 23, 2017, 04:35 AM
Hey Bob, just about got my CNC machine finished and up and running ... just got some fine tuning to do and she's a goer ... its essentially a Shapaoko 2 only supplied as a kit by a guy in Oz .. mechanics of the kit were good but the electrics left me struggling with not enough thought gone into this side of the kit ..

I am sure someone would have streamlined the electrics setup side by now .. these kits have been around for a few years

Thanks to my friend Mark who has spent many hours helping me sort out the electrics and software .. I wouldn't have been able to get it finished without his help

All the bits and pieces I had to do makeshift boxes ... all these should have been designed into one total control box .. its sort of like they sell you the kit and then you are on your own

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 23, 2017 at 04:50 AM.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:39 AM
That is seriously cool

What size is the bed?
Last edited by scorchythebear; Apr 23, 2017 at 05:44 AM.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:48 AM
Thanks Adam .. my first trial cut will be the Mini Stagger wing

Lockey
Apr 23, 2017, 08:39 AM
When cows fly!
I need one of those!
Apr 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
That is seriously cool

What size is the bed?
Bed is 1m x 1 m .. cutting area is about 800 x 800 so not quite the size of a sheet of Depron but I think I will manage lol

Once I get all the bugs ironed out I can extend the Y axis (back to front) to 1200 if I want to by changing the side rails, belts and base board but I think the size it is will suit my needs

Can't wait to start turning out models .. maybe I will do a few kits, but shipping cost would prohibit sales to anywhere except Australia I would think .. pity really ... maybe small things like cabanes, swap pods etc from lite ply .. things that are not easy to cut out by hand and would be fairly easy and cheap to post

Lockey

Lockey