v12.54 Waypoint Screen Display Issue - RC Groups
Mar 04, 2017, 05:31 PM
Discussion

v12.54 Waypoint Screen Display Issue

In version 12.54 I noticed the waypoint display (google maps part) screen only uses 1/4 of the screen and there is a bunch of wasted space (nothing in it) and the google maps is small and hard to see the detail. I am using windows 8.1. Anybody else having this problem or suggest a fix?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2017, 03:20 AM
Change your screen resolution that's all you can do I know it sucks
Apr 05, 2017, 03:46 AM
because rust never sleeps....
What is needed is the ability to launch a web browser from the application with the data shown. The same is true for the Google Maps flight path display. This is not a big programming job, it is basically launching the default browser with a constructed URL.
Apr 06, 2017, 09:33 AM
Hello,

Have you tried selecting the "Full Screen" option?

Regards, John
Apr 06, 2017, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
Hello,

Have you tried selecting the "Full Screen" option?

Regards, John
Could you please advise where the "Full Screen" option is?

I obviously have the application running maximised, but the area shown for the map is too small in the default configuration.

Please see attachment.

Note that I have old screen shots where more of the screen was used, so it seems to have been affected by a recent update perhaps.

Even so the embedded map is restrictive IMHO, launching the data into a web browser would be a much better option.
Apr 07, 2017, 09:33 AM
That is the flight map screen. Go to the waypoint setup section and there is a full screen option.

Regards, John
Apr 07, 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
That is the flight map screen. Go to the waypoint setup section and there is a full screen option.

Regards, John
Thanks for the clarification John. At the risk of diluting the thread, is it possible to get a full screen on the flight map screen. If not could it be added ?
Apr 09, 2017, 11:51 AM
I have tried everything including changing screen resolution to about 5 different resolutions, tried full screen, uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and explorer, and reinstalling the program itself. I can toggle the problem by switching between the prior version and the new version. Eageltree support has not been able to resolve it. I am currently running the old version to make it useable.
Name: Vector Problem with Waypoints.png
Views: 16
Size: 373.6 KB
Description:
Apr 10, 2017, 11:30 AM
Now I am curious and slightly confused. Looks like we are talking about two different things in this thread both about viewing a map in full screen mode.

1. The Waypoint setup screen: The full screen option is a check box located right above the Insert Command Button. Works fine for me on version 12.54 with Windows 10.

2. The Google Flight Map screen: version 12.54 does not have a "full screen" option and I did not see it in versions as far back as 12.46.

PatrickL, what version are you using that has a "full screen" option in the Google Flight Map Screen? It is a nice option to have if available.
Last edited by Willyspu; Apr 11, 2017 at 11:13 AM.
Jun 24, 2017, 03:47 PM
has anyone else experience this with the shrunken display (see my post a few message up the page) I have had the same experience on 12.60 . Uninstalled google earth, internet explorer, chrome, no luck I have a Lnovo yoga pro with the ultrahigh display but have tried all the screen resolutions.