This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 04, 2017, 07:07 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Reptile S800 // My First Wing! // Build

Normally you see me doing quad stuff... but I also like flying fixed wing stuff... but I never ever flew a wing... so when I saw Banggood offering the Reptile S800 for so cheap (and I had seen this or a similar designs quite some time ago and like it) I had to build one!

The package isn't that huge... (sorry... best pic I took... but watch the unboxing below )

...but more parts then expected

...then I had to decide which glue I would pick of those I had laying around

...so after cutting the parts you don't need on the wings I test those... and picked UHU POR

...and this is how the wing looks after glueing the parts together and the spars in

for the electronics I used mostly quad parts (R820Xv2, Diatone motor and esc, HS117, 25-600mw vTx), only the servos (9g metal gear) aren't

was way more work to solder then I had expected, but it fit all nicely like that!

I used the supplied double sided tape to "mount" the stepdown to the receiver and the receiver to the frame... ahm... I mean body... yeah

then I added some stickers so I could make it more easy to spot the attitude inflight (mostly focused on the top left wing)

I also had to add a tinywhoop lipo to the left wings vtx hole so the CG would be nice (was too lazy to put the cRx in the wing)

so the final weight with cam but without lipo is 429g for the wing + 227g for the 1800 4s lipo => 656g, still well below 1kg which could become FPV problematic here

it's size is just perfect, I can just throw it into the car not worrying about it getting damaged during driving

...I have to say... it looks so much cooler then I imagined!

Sadly forgot the XT60 to FatShark adapter so LOS Maiden only... tried to throw it three times... one fail but the maiden throw worked lol (again... my first wing^^)
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Mar 04, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2017, 07:08 AM
Thread OP
Videos:

LOS Maiden!
Reptile S800 // LOS Maiden // My First Wing! (3 min 55 sec)

Second LOS flight!
S800 Second Flight Short // Freaking Love It (2 min 2 sec)
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Mar 04, 2017 at 09:57 AM.
Mar 04, 2017, 07:09 AM
Thread OP
Partslist: (Part // Name // From)

Receiver // R820X v2 // Spektrum Telemetry Receiver with vBat and FlightLog // HobbyKing
Motor // Diatone 2205 2450kv // Diatone
ESC // Diatone 302X 30A BLHS ESC // Diatone
Servos // 9g Metal Gear Servos // Banggood
Lipo // 1800mah 4s 65c nano-tech // HobbyKing
vTx // Lang 25-600mW 5.8 // Banggood
FPV Cam // HS1177 // Survailzone
HD Cam // Dazzen P3 // GearBest
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Mar 04, 2017 at 10:00 AM.
Mar 08, 2017, 04:35 PM
nice job on your build, was tempted when i saw it on sale but realized i'm short on spare time, looks like a lot of fun.
Mar 08, 2017, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin
nice job on your build, was tempted when i saw it on sale but realized i'm short on spare time, looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks!

It's not as easy to fly as I had wished, but since "trying hard to not crash" gets the adrenaline going... so I love it

This could just be that I did not get to fly it FPV and/or a bit slower... it seems that slowing it down makes it way more stable, but we will see!

After all I can say that I love it... so go and get yourself one NOW!

Quick Reply