Mar 04, 2017, 05:19 AM
Thread OP
New Product

F640 5.8G FPV Googles

At first, the F640 glasses are a model for the home theater. An engineer has just modified to allow the practice of FPV.
During one of my many Internet search sessions, I stumbled upon this model to look a tad futuristic.
Having tried Cinemizer few months ago, I decided to order these F640.
I do not expect the same results given the huge price difference, we agree.

Presentation

Who has not dreamed of a model like her sunglasses to practice his favorite hobby?
Note that I mean a design and lightweight.
At first glance, the F640 inspire confidence on the packaging.

The model comes with

F640 glasses
Instructions in English,
Transport bag
USB cable
Audio cable
"Mask" adapter for the eyes
RCA cable

The F640 glasses are equipped with two 4/3 screens have a resolution of 654 x 480 each. The FOV is 32 . There are no settings can inter pupillary! Immersion is possible provided using the rubber mask and headband to allow even pressure around your eyes. I was not bothered by the fact of wearing glasses that way.

Furthermore, there are also integrated earphones to the branches of spectacles. These are impossible to remove or conceal.

Measurements and tests

In terms of dimensions, I measured (LxWxH): 16.00 x 3.00 x 5.00 cm

The weight of the F640 with the mask is 96g compared to my Fatshark Dominator V3, there is a big difference!

Power glasses is provided by a LIPO battery type of 960mAh.
Thus, in theory, 3 hours non stop viewing. Actually I measured 1.5 hours during testing sessions.
Commands are push button hidden under the branches on either side of the frame. The connectors for power and the composite signal also being present.
It's enough to order the manual frequency search, the on / off electronics and volume adjustment.
No adjustment in contrast to the brightness and contrast.

The antenna connector type RP-SMA.

For testing, I swap the antenna stick by a less elegant but more efficient antenna.

Video (in french)

F640 FPV googles (6 min 49 sec)

Conclusion

Behind its Cinemizer tunes, the F640 remains a cheaper but eleagant model.
It will be necessary as a first pair of glasses to practice FPV without making an hold-up.

From elegant appearance, the materials are very brittle and plastic is not super quality. At least if you want to do with the FPV fighter.
If you want to use them at home and put them systematically in their case, there will be, in my opinion, no worries.

The F640 is available here FPV Google F 640

Good flights!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 11:50 AM
Hi, i was thinking about getting these, how are they holding up?
I had the eachine vr d2 goggles which are heavy and get white out screen so looking for something comfy and reliable....
How is range on 25 me camera?
Latest blog entry: Eachine E160 3d helicopter
May 12, 2017, 10:32 AM
Can it overlay to the prescription glasses?
May 12, 2017, 10:40 AM
I got a set now, is ok apart from the lenses are too close together, is there any way of changing this?
May 16, 2017, 08:15 AM
I have tested a set and its ok for the price. You cannot expect this to be the same as a 300usd fatshark/aomway product. Range is good, image is great for the eachine budget cameras and overall its a great product for the price. Very light, the eye patch blocks all the light and I have no issues.
Jun 11, 2017, 07:07 AM
How do folks that have this goggle feel about its lack of an adjustment for interpupillary distance?

Is it causing eye strain?

All of the other specs seem quite impressive.

Are the earphones decent quality and comfortable?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Thanks.
VJ
Jun 11, 2017, 07:22 AM
No problem with eye strain for me, the lens could be slightly further apart for me but tbh it's not but e problem , I barely notice it when flying because the centre is in focus and that's what I'm looking at.
Not tested the headphones as I go them for fpv...
At 80 odd ( eBay or gearbest ) they are absolutely worth it.
Jun 14, 2017, 03:56 AM

Interpupillary distance?

Can anyone measure the interpupillary distance?

How flexible are the arms I have a large head and struggle with Glasses and Hats .

I am also a reading glasses wearer. Where is the focal point for these glasses, is it 2m similar to other goggles? I really struggle with the box types for focus...

Thanks in advance.

Al
Jun 14, 2017, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puiumeu
Can anyone measure the interpupillary distance?

How flexible are the arms I have a large head and struggle with Glasses and Hats .

I am also a reading glasses wearer. Where is the focal point for these glasses, is it 2m similar to other goggles? I really struggle with the box types for focus...

Thanks in advance.

Al
Distance from middle of each lens is about 60 to 65mm, dead centre is probably 63mm, you will probably struggle if you have a large head , my eyes are too far apart for these to be perfect but I manage ok, I think mine are about 68mm apart.
These are just rough measurements with tape measure.
The arms themselves are not really flexible but do open up at the hinge more than the usual 90 degree, distance is maybe 150 to 160 max I would say, with 140 being neutral position
Hth.
Jun 14, 2017, 09:44 AM
Thanks Nigel, anyone who has tried a pair need reading glasses?
How was focus?
Thanks in advance.

Al.
Jun 14, 2017, 09:58 AM
I need reading glasses, 1.5 I think the number is,
Focus distance is perfect for me it's feels like the screen is a good distance from my eyes and very comfortable to watch.
I struggle with the vrd2 goggles , I had to put a 4.0 pair of cheap glasses in before I could focus properly on the screen and still kept the original lens too.
But no problem at all with these apart from the distance between pupils like I said before.
Jun 14, 2017, 10:19 AM
My pupils are 64 mm apart - I wear 1.5 reading glasses only for when I'm reading. My vision is great other than the reading .

My current reading glasses are 123 mm wide from arm to arm.

I was looking at these for use with a baby hawk I just ordered.

I also was considering the quantum cyclops v2.

Don't know what to choose- funny I sold a pair of like new fat shark attitude v3 about a year ago. They were great.

I got out of fpv as my friends stopped flying- the minihawk made me want to get back into it.

I don't want to invest slot of money this time so I chose the minihawk .

Need googles now and am on the fence on what I should choose?

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks , jack
Jun 14, 2017, 10:28 AM
I think these will be ok for you jack, the main thing I miss with these is recording , so if I want to record I go back to my horridly uncomfortable vrd2 goggles.
I'm hoping to test out an aio camera which has DVR built in and weighs only 5.5 grams but it's not been sent yet, this would make the vrd2 goggles obselete all together.
If you don't need recording I would just get these I think...
Jun 14, 2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the input. Looks like I can get them on eBay for 90.00 us from china. Hate ordering from china as the shipping takes weeks.

Have you used these without the black. Faceplate- can they be used like sunglasses with no block off plate?

I don't need recording. Just need a google that I can have some fun with for the babyhawk.
Do you use your other face box googles stock or did you modify the lens for your eyes!

My other option was the cyclops v2 / vrd2 or ev 800d

Thanks jack
Jun 14, 2017, 11:17 AM
I often use then without the blanking plate , I only need to use it if I have a problem with light reflecting on the screen under certain conditions, mostly not needed, but nice to have anyway and does a decent job of cutting out the light.

Quick Reply