Drone Wars - The TV Show is Coming!

Drone Wars is an upcoming TV show that features quadcopters and their pilots. To make it even cooler, our own Jason Cole is a contestant on the new show!

Splash

RC on TV - Drone Wars

Here a secret that all the editors at RCGroups have known about for a while but weren't allowed to discuss. A drone based TV was shot in 2016 and should be coming to a TV screen near you soon. I spoke with one of the producers and while we can't say a lot I did get some info to share with everyone on RCGroups.com.

From Drone Wars Producer Jon Perkins:

Drone Wars is a series of challenges that puts pilots and engineers to the test. Teams of two must design and create the ultimate flying machine to conquer ever changing obstacles and win points to avoid being knocked out of the competition. Jason Cole was a great addition to the show and fun to work with!

We filmed the series in Zadar, Croatia last year and are just finishing up the editing process shortly. We cast drone pilots from all over the world and this series will air in several countries. We don't have specific air dates just yet, and those will vary from broadcaster to broadcaster, country to country.

Video Teaser of the Show

Drone Wars - Teaser (0 min 47 sec)

RCGroups Editor Jason Cole

"Being a contestant on Drone Wars was a dream come true. I've sat at home watching reality game shows like The Amazing Race and Big Brother and thought "I could totally do that!" I'm competitive by nature so when I heard about the opportunity to compete on a drone based TV show, I was elated. I can't get into specifics about the results or content as the show has not aired yet, but I can say it was both challenging and amazingly fun at the same time. The other teams were a pleasure to meet and even though we were competing against each other for $10,000 and bragging rights, we all became great friends off camera.

I had no idea what to expect and the challenges we were given seemed impossible at times, but also extremely exciting. It really put our skills as drone pilots and engineers to the test to be able to accomplish these tasks with a limited timeframe and budget. With each new episode came a new challenge and we were tasked to design and build a drone to compete with. John was a great teammate and I think we complemented each other very well with our different skill sets. How well did we do? Well, you're just going to have to watch to find out. I cannot wait for you to see it!" -Jason Cole

When Can You Watch It?

I don't have any specifics right now but I have heard rumors it might be on a major network. I'm betting it will be on one of the major cable channels that has other shows like this. One thing I do know is that when we find out I will let everyone know what is up!

Mar 03, 2017, 04:23 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Whoop whoop!!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Mar 04, 2017, 08:44 AM
STICKS FORWARD!
Groovy...Me Likey!!
Mar 04, 2017, 12:49 PM
Who'd ever think that being a nerd would become so popular.
Mar 04, 2017, 02:04 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DoubleV-
Who'd ever think that being a nerd would become so popular.
Nerds and geeks rule!

Look forward to watching the show when it airs!
Mar 05, 2017, 06:36 AM
This is very Cool! Can i preorder the whole season?
Mar 05, 2017, 07:31 AM
RCG Admin
We'll post news of the release as soon as they tell us.
Mar 06, 2017, 01:15 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
We'll post news of the release as soon as they tell us.
That completely explains why you were off on that "secret mission" last year! Can't wait to see this series
Mar 06, 2017, 01:56 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-headcase
That completely explains why you were off on that "secret mission" last year! Can't wait to see this series

Mar 06, 2017, 02:29 PM
SAM Elec GrdChmp04,07,10,12,14

Well done......

Will be looking forward to seeing your smiling face gracing my TV soon.
Hope you did well in the contest!
Jay
Mar 06, 2017, 02:44 PM
Hey Jason, do you need a bigger hat size yet? :-)

Can't wait to see the show, I hope you'll still speak to the little people once it airs :-)))))))))))

I'm just glad it wasn't "Naked & Afraid"!!
Mar 06, 2017, 03:08 PM
Hey hey I am looking forward to it
I cannot wait to see what happens , can you Jason?
Mar 06, 2017, 03:11 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Gimlick
Hey Jason, do you need a bigger hat size yet? :-)

Can't wait to see the show, I hope you'll still speak to the little people once it airs :-)))))))))))

I'm just glad it wasn't "Naked & Afraid"!!
Should be fun for sure. Ditto on the Naked and Afraid, nobody wants to see drone pilots in that attire!
Mar 06, 2017, 03:12 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredReabow
Hey hey I am looking forward to it
I cannot wait to see what happens , can you Jason?
JaredReabow was on the show too! Can't wait until it airs and we can talk more about it.
Mar 06, 2017, 03:25 PM
SAM Elec GrdChmp04,07,10,12,14

Drone war producers

I went to Hoplite productions web site to try to see if they at least disclose what network they outlet it
but they don't really have any information on their web page.....
Jay

Quick Reply