This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:21 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Build Log

FMS 80mm 12-blade Inrunner Motor EDF fan

I just got this new FMS 80mm inrunner motor plastic fan from China,

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=6674

http://www.banggood.com/FMS-80mm-12-...p-1125125.html

http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-kv2000-motor

http://hobby-paradise.com/en/product...ct_detail.html

For $76 it includes (what looks like) a nice inrunner motor, and that was the main reason for buying it. Many of these chinese fans nowadays include some $10 junk outrunner motor that I really don't care about

I am not familiar with that particular motor brand ("Predator") ... we shall see

So far it seems from the FMS and Bangood sites, there is only one version of this fan with a 3270 2000kv motor.

Different measurements that people might or might not get could depend on a weak battery, incorrect transmitter endpoints, free-standing vs. installed in edf jet, and wrong esc setup (wrong timing not suited to a 4-pole inrunner) etc.

EDIT : Now there is also a softer 1930kv inrunner motor version (see later below).

Last edited by Herb; Apr 24, 2019 at 01:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2017, 01:29 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The fan design seems well executed, interestingly they use a 32mm diameter inrunner motor, which was one of he reasons I got interested in this fan.

Most quality 80mm EDF fans (WeMoTec, JetFan, Schuebelr etc.) use a large (90mm-size) 40mm diam commodity motor (eg HET), which provides good electrical efficiency - but ends up clogging the duct quite a bit with that big chunk of metal.

Here the 32mm inrunner motor is an intermediate size between the common 70mm fan motors (29mm diam) and the common 90mm fan motors (36-40mm).

Last edited by Herb; Mar 24, 2017 at 03:14 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:33 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The weight is pretty good, coming in fully assembled with motor at ~ 289g.

Given the larger fan size, this compares well with the weight of a significantly smaller, complete WeMoTec 70mm MiniFan EVO with 29mm inrunner motor.

Last edited by Herb; Mar 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:43 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The plastic spinner is not the greatest design, not sure what they were thinking. A bit more rounded would have been aerodynamically better.

I suppose the reason for the "straight cone" design is that the spinner (and the screw that comes with it) is the only thing that keeps that plastic rotor on .

Mar 03, 2017, 01:46 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Once the spinner is off, the rotor just comes out by pulling on it ... Behind it is what looks like a nicely machined aluminum adapter.

The adapter has two set screws, but to get to those you first have to pull out the motor by removing four phillips screws.

Last edited by Herb; Mar 03, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:49 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The lightweight one-piece plastic rotor seems to have been statically balanced with some material that looks like chewing gum or possibly epoxy.

I tested it for balance on a precision magnetic balancer (the same way I have tested fan rotors for 15+ years) and it seems a bit off.

Last edited by Herb; Mar 03, 2017 at 01:54 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:54 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Another rather minor issue is that the fan shroud, and specifically the plastic stator blades, are supposed to support the back of the outrunner motor can.

Nevertheless - for whatever reason (motor mounted crooked, misalignment in the fan firewall, or large toterances in the stator molds) - there's still a small residual gap between the motor support plastic parts and the motor can.

This could - or could not - lead to extra vibrations at high power.

Mar 08, 2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting Herb.
Looking forward to see what your experience will be with this unit.
Mar 09, 2017, 11:39 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Thanks ... might go in a twin F/A-18 or in a Freewing MiG-21 ... still have to decide.
Mar 13, 2017, 01:05 AM
Prior F-16 Avionics Tech
Was thinking about dropping this in my 80mm super scorpion which has freewings 80mm inrunner setup. Been hearing good things about FMS edf units lately, best bang for you buck.
Mar 20, 2017, 05:51 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
I replaced that cone-shaped odd looking spinner with a WeMoTec MiniFan aluminum spinner (the older plastic one, on the left, fits as well),

Mar 30, 2017, 12:31 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
I ran up the fan at full power and it seems pretty smooth.

I did statically re-balance the fan a second time, using a better rotor balancing setup (those notches in the aluminum fan hub make it difficult to center the rotor, so this time I used a different method).

When all mounted together, the spinner only needed one tiny weight one one side to run smoothly.

After setting up the correct timing and PWM for this motor, I ran it up and it's quite smooth and runs pretty cool too.

The motor has large front and back ventilation holes, and the rotor seems well designed for efficiency, with a reasonably small gap.

Last edited by Herb; Mar 30, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Mar 30, 2017, 12:37 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Generous cooling holes should help with efficiency and longevity. NMB bearings are made in Japan.

Apr 06, 2017, 12:06 PM
Official Boat Bum
Nice writeup Herb. I'm interested in the higher FSA on this 80mm fan as a potential candidate for a re fanned airliner project I've had for a long time. It has not flown in a couple seasons due to the re fan project that I abandoned due to too many other planes I had flying and a regrettably short attention span for older projects. It flies really nice so it deserves another power setup. Was thinking two fans for the inner pods and the outer two of the four pods, being dummy pods.

Was considering running it on reduced voltage as I don't need 2000 watts per fan (!), more like 700 would be good, per fan, for my project. What sort of power are you planning to run through this fan and what are the numbers? Do they compare well with the stated numbers on the web site as far as amp draws, etc? I do not trust market advertised thrust, I'd have to see it myself or see what you get. Thanks Herb, have fun flying!
Ed
Apr 07, 2017, 10:17 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Hi Eddie, Thanks ...

It seems overall a decently made fan, at a good price. And for once with a decent quality inrunner, as opposed to some junk $10 out-of-balance horribly inefficient outrunner.

Mine seems to run well out of the box, cool and quite smooth with the correct ESC setup.

I am not overly impressed by the plastic fan and shroud, but it seems acceptable for $80 free shipping (from bangood).

The numbers seem in the ballpark of what they claim, so no issue there.

It would seem to me like a good match for your project, but keep in mind that if you run this fan at ~700W instead of 2000W then your efflux will be (7/20)^(1/3) =0.7, or only 70% of the ~130mph air out the back you get at 2000W. Depending on how slow or fast your jet might fly, this could be adequate, or not.

For one thing, they are definitely light weight for a mass produced (ie not carbon) 80mm fan & motor.

Also, you don't get that intake (the FSA) half plugged up by a huge 39mm diam motor. Here the motor is relatively thin (as it should be) at 32mm diam, and the blockage is much less ... it runs cool so mine to does not need cooling fins to plug up the shroud, that would defeat the purpose of having a smaller diam motor.
Apr 07, 2017, 10:26 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
One possiblity was to put this fan in a FW MiG-21 that a friend bought and flew once

Hopefully he will let go of it at some point and sell it to me ... The FW MiG-21 is designed in such a way (in some respect like the FW F-16 90mm) that if you put more power into it it will just end up heating the air The ducting is bad and there's that big cheesegrater right in front of the fan ... more power just creates more turbulence in front of the fan.

My plan on the MiG-21 is to split the fuse in half and redo the intake area allowing more air to go through. One option is thin ply on the battery box sides, another necessary mod is the nose cone back that needs to be redone (the front is fine).

Another, simpler possibility is to put this fan in the FW F-16 70mm (airframe only at $160) ... That is one big airframe for a 70mm, which is under -dimensioned for it. Too bad MRC is not eager to sell the $160 F-16 airframe kit :

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-edf-jet-arp
Apr 19, 2017, 08:50 PM
Official Boat Bum
If your friend sells you the Mig-21 you will love it! A lighter fan and a light weight 6s pack will have her dancing like a ballerina. She flies really, really nice (my favorite foam jet I've ever owned). I can crawl around at what feels like walking speed with the nose at 20 degrees up and 1/4 thrust. Then full power, accelerate briefly while lowering nose a bit, then smartly pull to climb straight up. Approach to landing is nose high, lots of back stick, very low power for consistent sink rate. I don't chop the power I just pull the stick back progressively as the wheels near the runway, the nose rises up to flare like a cobra... she slows down automatically with the nose high... and lands like a butterfly with sore feet. The spring trailing link landing gear is tough and resilient for when it doesn't work perfectly as planned, too. Amazing fun with foam.
Apr 29, 2017, 11:16 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Thanks Eddie ... we shall see

My friend Rick (a former army pilot with several years of duty in Vietnam & Laos, and current flight instructor at Chino) hasn't let go of his yet, if anything I might just buy the arf plus kit.

Yes I know from personal experience that MiG-21's are nice fliers if kept light; at the time, before I scratch-built mine, the Airworld one proved it to me.

Rick's seemed to fly surprisingly well with the stock power system on 6S. I have the 90mm FW F-16 and it is an overweight dog on the stock power system.

Regarding scale landings it is always a challenge on a short runway, esp. with constant 10-12mph winds from the ocean 1/2 mile away causing erratic ground turbulence due to bushes and weeds etc.
May 04, 2017, 05:02 PM
More jets than a carburetor
Does this fan and motor work as advertised on 6s? I wonder if it may be a good upgrade Option for a habe 32 over the stock setup.
May 07, 2017, 12:40 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Yes it does ...
May 13, 2017, 03:14 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Well my friend hasn't let go of his 80mm FW MiG-21 yet so I went with a different russian jet for now

Will use twin WeMoTec MiniFans EVO, and then later a complete repaint similar to the one below ...

May 13, 2017, 03:51 PM
More jets than a carburetor
Motion rc has those too
Sep 09, 2017, 11:20 PM

Wow this FMS 80mm fan is so much lighter vs. The freewing 80mm at 410 gr ...

Sep 10, 2017, 04:48 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Lighter - 289g vs 419g comparing the two inrunner fans - but only time will tell if it lasts as well ...

The FW units are generally not the lightest, but seem pretty solid with that metal shroud.

Short test run of the FMS 80mm fan on the bench, to check balance :

MOV09687 (0 min 6 sec)
Last edited by Herb; Sep 26, 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Sep 18, 2017, 11:38 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The 80mm FMS fan has finally found a home ... will go into the FW A-4 Skyhawk :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...reewing&pp=100

Here's some representative numbers with a fully charged Zippy Compact 60C 4000mAh 6s, ~104A and ~2300W :

Last edited by Herb; Jan 22, 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Sep 25, 2017, 09:32 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
...did get a chance to fly the FMS 80mm in the FW A-4 Skyhawk (bought as an "Arf Plus" kit) and it worked pretty well, plenty of power without sucking the batteries dry in a very short time.

As I said, seems like a good, not too expensive fan - if it holds together for a while
Oct 09, 2017, 02:09 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
About ten flights in the Skyhawk with the FMS 80mm fan with FMS inrunner that comes with it.

Measured motor back plate temperature after a 4 min flight on a hot (~nineties) day, was a cool 53 C (or 127 F ) which is what you would expect from a decent quality inrunner.

On the same day measured the motor backplate temp on my HET 700 motor in the JetFan 90mm in my F/A-18 and it was ~ 45 C so the HET motor, being a bit bigger, runs a bit more efficient.

Btw danger zone temps on these inrunner motors (due to magnet properties) is usually in the ~ 80C region.

Last edited by Herb; Oct 09, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
Oct 09, 2017, 02:16 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
This is what the burned up stock outrunner motor looked in my friend's 70mm F-16 after a three minute flight and crash - due to the burned out outrunner motor.

Backplate temp after recovering the crashed plane in the bushes was ~105 C .

Oct 11, 2017, 11:59 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Thanks so much for posting this! I have 2 of these fans now and am very happy with them! One in my Freewing F-5 and the other in my Freewing Mig-21. The F-5 was totally transformed with this fan! It is a missile now!! take off is cut in half and landing is the same story! I am still using the same old batteries and the plane is like brand new! The Mig-21 is doing well too! Thrust is higher but the top speed didn't go up all the much although it is still higher than it was with the Freewing inrunner. I still need to put a wattmeter on it but the batteries are not being pushed at all! I am actually getting longer flight times when at part throttle cruising when compared to the stock fans.... I am going to swap out the 90mm F-104 fan for the 90mm FMS version as well. Considerably lighter and the thrust ratings appear to be higher. I think FMS did a pretty good job with these new fans!
Latest blog entry: Afterburner in F-35 70mm jet
Oct 13, 2017, 11:19 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Hi Thanks, yes the 80mm looks like the better one of the FMS trio, it's the only one with a decent inrunner. That's presumably one of the reasons why it performs significantly better than that heavy alu FW 80mm fan.

The fact that the FMS inrunner motor runs cool could indicate that the back of the fan shroud might not get hot under normal circumstances, and thus possibly deform.
Oct 13, 2017, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Hi Thanks, yes the 80mm looks like the better one of the FMS trio, it's the only one with a decent inrunner. That's presumably one of the reasons why it performs significantly better than that heavy alu FW 80mm fan.

The fact that the FMS inrunner motor runs cool could indicate that the back of the fan shroud might not get hot under normal circumstances, and thus possibly deform.
Yeah the motor was a pleasant surprise! The KV is pretty high but it isn't overloaded at all. I am happy with it and hope that the shroud can hold up as well.
Oct 14, 2017, 11:52 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The kv is just right for the expected (and stated) power point .

Overloading would result in inefficiency and excess heat, which is not the case here. If the esc is programmed incorrectly though it will demagnetize the motor in no time, like any other inrunner (or outrunner for that matter) ...
Oct 16, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
The kv is just right for the expected (and stated) power point .

Overloading would result in inefficiency and excess heat, which is not the case here. If the esc is programmed incorrectly though it will demagnetize the motor in no time, like any other inrunner (or outrunner for that matter) ...
Another great weekend of flying the FMS fans in my Mig-21 and F-5. The F-5 has been totally transformed!! The most surprising thing about all of this is that the motor comes down cool.... Great job FMS!
Oct 18, 2017, 11:04 PM
Herb

Very good review .

Was looking for a 80mm edf with out breaking bank and seems this is the one.

Thanks

Juan
Oct 20, 2017, 01:06 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
FMS seems to have done a decent job in designing this 80mm fan.

The major strengths are the inrunner motor (a ~$50 value), the light weight of the overall fan (280g) and of the rotor (~19g), and the decent efficiency of the fan itself (plastic fan by itself is ~$17);

Potential weaknesses are the plastic shroud which is (possibly) relatively weak , and the poor molding on the back end motor support.

Hopefully this will stimulate other mid-range chinese fan manufacturers to produce comparable fans that are (a) lightweight and (b) based on quality inrunners - like most quality edf fan manufacturers .

Link to FMS 80mm plastic fan & 2000kv inrunner motor product page :

http://www.fmsmodel.com/home/accessories/edf-units

https://www.banggood.com/FMS-80mm-12...p-1125125.html
Last edited by Herb; Oct 20, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
Oct 21, 2017, 11:02 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Here's how the FMS 80mm fan with inrunner motor performs in the A-4 Skyhawk from FW.

Short video from today (I apologize for the miserable quality, I had to edit out most of it as it was just blue sky). Next time we'll try harder to get a better video... My A-4 flies with a completely closed cheesegrater hole, shaped foam plug and FMS 80mm inrunner motor fan from bangood.

A-4 Skyhawk 80mm with FMS inrunner fan (3 min 5 sec)
Oct 22, 2017, 09:41 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Better video : Lazy Sunday flying the A-4 with the new FMS 80mm inrunner motor fan:

A-4 Skyhawk 80mm EDF by Freewing with FMS inrunner fan (3 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Herb; Oct 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM.
Oct 30, 2017, 07:41 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
... It seems that the FMS fan in the Skyhawk is balanced ok but definitely not perfect.

Saw a few youtube videos of the same FMS in action - and mine seems a lot louder !

So, took the fan out of the Skyhawk, took the rotor off, took all my balance weights off and rotated the rotor by 180 degrees on the shaft.

Result: After clocking the original plastic spinner a bit, I achieved on the test stand what sounds like a pretty good balance !

Therefore two lessons learned :

(1) Don't take the FMS fan apart unless you have to, and if you do mark everything so it goes back exactly how it was

(2) It seems MOTOR, ROTOR and SPINNER are all out of balance a bit ... They must be balancing the whole assembled unit so that whatever weight they put inside the rotor balances out all the three moments is one shot.
Oct 31, 2017, 09:39 AM
Both of my fans sounds pretty good. I didn't need to do any balancing at all! I am sure that I could fine tune them a little more but didn't feel the need to mess with them...

Mig-21 EDF flight demontration at Bayside (4 min 43 sec)

F-5 Airshow demonstration for Moe's family at Bayside (5 min 5 sec)
Nov 04, 2017, 09:35 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Had a chance to fly the FMS fan back in the A-4 ...

It seems that with that plastic conical spinner on the rotor the sound is noticeably better (more swoosh) but the performance is significantly worse than with the WeMoTec aluminum spinner I had before. But then maybe it was something else, like the battery.

Will have to try again with the WeMoTec spinner back on the rotor.

A-4 Skyhawk 80mm edf Takes Off in a Stiff Crosswind (3 min 37 sec)
Last edited by Herb; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Nov 22, 2017, 01:04 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
I thought I posted this somewhere but don't seem to find it now ...

Comparative weight of 80mm edf units :

FMS 80mm inrunner fan : 289g

Freewing 80mm stock outrunner fan : 385g

Freewing 80mm inrunner fan : 416g

Freewing A-10 80mm plastic outrunner fan : 284g

WeMoTec 80mm fan with HET 650-58 inrunner : 313g

Based on the above comparison, the FW inrunner metal fan is +70% heavier than the FMS fan, for about the same power.

Given the present winds (kv) on the various motors that come with the fans, one has on 6S decent cells (as far as I can tell) :

FMS 80mm inrunner fan : ~2300W

Freewing 80mm stock outrunner fan : ~1660W

Freewing 80mm inrunner fan : ~1660W (same as outr. !)

Freewing A-10 80mm plastic outrunner fan : ~xxxW

WeMoTec 80mm fan with HET 650-58 inrunner 2100kv : ~2000W

Last edited by Herb; Feb 05, 2018 at 03:02 PM.
Jan 10, 2018, 04:25 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
The plan is to compare the FMS 80mm fan to the WeMoTec 80mm fan at some point, either in the A-4 or in the MiG-21 ...

Last edited by Herb; Jan 10, 2018 at 05:34 PM.
Jan 11, 2018, 12:32 PM
Official Boat Bum
Hello Herb!

I look forward to your impressions of the FMS, Vs. Wemotech at 2000 watts.

I assume the Wemotech is like the Jetfan80, being good for 3k+ watts as well while the FMS should probably stay at 2k watts.

What is your feeling of the FOD resistance to major rotor damage on the Wemotech vs the FMS? I have two 90mm Wemotech Evos and I love those but my feeling is I don't like the idea of sucking in pebbles or grit on those fans. Perhaps my concerns are just that, however! I know the FMS unit is like a vacuum cleaner (sorta in efficiency too) in that I've taken in all manner of FOD and every once in a while I'll just dress the nicks on the rotor LE's with 1000 grit wet, and call it a day. Never any fear of blade loss and after dressing the nicks the fan performs well again.
Jan 11, 2018, 02:06 PM
Official Boat Bum
Sorry for secondary post, forgot to ask the following:

What motor shaft size does the stock motor have?

At 32mm, are you aware of many other quality 32mm motors out there that you like? I'm looking for anywhere from 1100 to 1800kv.

In a previous question I was talking about a multi engine model, that project found a solution with some painfully but adequately balanced CS70 fans and HET motors I had on hand. The next multi project is larger and I need 80mm fans, this FMS fan may be useful if I go with 4 fans for a total of 1200 watts a fan or so. My usual fall back place to get nice motors I know I will be able to match kv easily for multi engine models is High End Technology (HET) but they go from 28mm to 36mm, skipping 32mm entirely.

I like their Typhoon 4W25, but it's a 28mm motor. I think I could use it, but with a lower quality shroud... I'd probably have to hand make or 3d print an adapter ring around the forward and aft part of the motor to keep it centered under maneuvering torque loads.
Jan 12, 2018, 05:52 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Eddie, yes the WeMo 80mm being a scaled down version of the 90 is probably good to 3k or even 4k Watts ... but I will stick to 2k for now

Also, I have exactly the same concerns you voice, regarding FOD intake with the FW jets and their huge cheese grater intakes that suck any runway clean in no time

The 80mm edf size is indeed an odd one (as opposed to a 70 or 90 which have been around since the dawn of edf time) and the 32mm motor is a good fit but also an off size ... they only one I know is the FMS one (maybe there was an eflite one).

Another annoying fact about the FMS 80mm fan is that you can't buy parts ... you can buy a whole replacement fan for a hefty $44 but not the rotor by itself:

http://www.fmsmodel.com/80mm-12-blades-ducted-fan-kit

which means that if you suck in a stone and chip the rotor, you have to buy a whole new (unbalanced) fan...

But, as you say, the FMS blades look like they can take some abuse.

On the other hand the WeMo gets, in part, it's efficiency by having those thin blades, which will require for sure a steel mesh in front of the cheesegrater intake.
Last edited by Herb; Jan 12, 2018 at 06:11 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 05:59 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Here's an example of steel meshes I have used :

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...ainer/15042727

Jan 12, 2018, 06:06 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
Sorry for secondary post, forgot to ask the following:

What motor shaft size does the stock motor have?

At 32mm, are you aware of many other quality 32mm motors out there that you like? I'm looking for anywhere from 1100 to 1800kv.

In a previous question I was talking about a multi engine model, that project found a solution with some painfully but adequately balanced CS70 fans and HET motors I had on hand. The next multi project is larger and I need 80mm fans, this FMS fan may be useful if I go with 4 fans for a total of 1200 watts a fan or so. My usual fall back place to get nice motors I know I will be able to match kv easily for multi engine models is High End Technology (HET) but they go from 28mm to 36mm, skipping 32mm entirely.

I like their Typhoon 4W25, but it's a 28mm motor. I think I could use it, but with a lower quality shroud... I'd probably have to hand make or 3d print an adapter ring around the forward and aft part of the motor to keep it centered under maneuvering torque loads.
Well the FMS fan motor has a 4mm shaft from what I can tell (see picture of back plate above, and scale using outre motor diam of 32mm).

Indeed the 32mm motors are almost non existent. Yes I guess you can fit a long can HET (or Mad Thrust, they are pretty good !!) in there with an adapter ring, I would say that for 28mm motor diam you only need 2mm per side. But four 2x2mm long balsa shims would work too, no, if glued in with GE Silicone, and allow airflow ?

Not knowing anything about your project, I would either go with the complete balanced-out-of-the-box FMS 80mm fans x 4, or just go with established commodity fans in the 70mm size + het (or mt) motors x 4
Jan 13, 2018, 04:14 PM
Official Boat Bum
Thanks Herb! I like those FOD grates!

I don't want to hijack your great thread here, but to shed some light on the background of my project and thought process I need at least 4 pounds of thrust, installed, from each of four pod mounted installations (easy I think with minimal losses). I was thinking Mini Evo's x4... though that gets pricey and I'm not sure about the Evo's fod resistance with those narrow, light blades and the inlets are close to the runway.

As an aside, I have a twin CS70 setup now on HET motors, nice... but not quite "super nice" on all around rotor balance harmony as I'd prefer. They run super nice but there are RPM's I avoid. I don't want to use CS70's on this project. Originally I was gonna use two high powered JF80's with larger motors but after thinking about it, I can have the scale option of 4 fans on a 4 engine model with only the extra wire weight (considerable actually) and only a little less efficient - but I'm moving more air, so really, the efficiencies will equal out, on an airliner that only needs to do 100mph at the max anyway.
Jan 14, 2018, 12:22 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Nice project !!

Well if it was my project I would go with 4 x CS fans & 4 x Mad Thrust (or perhaps HET if you really insist) motors.

I have two of those (twin) setups in my Su-47 Berkut :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0mm-EDF&pp=100

and two (twin) in my Su-35 Flanker :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...reewing&pp=100

and they run very well, after some balancing work

Without re-hashing all the for/against arguments of one fan vs another let me just say that :

(1) The CS fans have decent efficiencies, and the MT motors are pretty well made and quiet reliable. In my experience the 10-bl is a lot better efficiency-wise imo than the 12-bl, which in turn is a lot better than the 14-bl (which I never ended up using).

(2) The CS fans and MT motors are relatively inexpensive, which is good when you buy four of them + spare parts

(3) All components are relatively light weight, and decently engineered, with various options (eg plastic spinner vs alu spinner), v1 vs v2 shroud etc.

(4) You can buy spare parts for everything, including just the rotors or spinners. I always buy extras in advance.

(5) you can swap out a 10-bl fan for a 12-bl fan for a 14-bl fan (at minimal cost, just the price of the rotor) to play around eg with sound & load

MT motor 2200kv 6S motor :

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-t...___store=en_us

CS 70mm fans & parts :

http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...0Sun%2070mm%20

Of course you need to balance the fans, I use a simple wood block (pre-cut blocks, from home depot) test stand and hook up the fan to an old Jeti esc on just 3S, see below.

You can get pretty close to a very quiet fan, it's just a matter of patience . I would also mount them very rigidly in the wing, that helps too with resonances etc.

Btw if you type "Su-47 Berkut - Vertical Takeoff" on youtube you will see (hear) how nicely the twin CS-10bl with MT motors sound ...

Btw no. 2, FMS now offers ready to go balanced 70mm fans with inrunner motors, they seem pretty good but then drawback is no spares yet and no 10-bl vs 12-bl vs 14-bl (or even 13-bl) swap options... https://www.banggood.com/FMS-70mm-6S...p-1115122.html

Last edited by Herb; Jan 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
Jan 14, 2018, 10:23 PM
Did some speed runs with my FMS equipped F-5 today. Using a Roaring Top 6s 35c 4500mah pack I managed 124mph!! It was faster than a Habu32 that was there today!! Kudos to FMS for such a great set up!
Jan 15, 2018, 01:43 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Yes it's a decent plastic fan for what it costs !
Jan 16, 2018, 06:43 PM
I’ve become good at balancing fans like Changesun, Freewing and 70mm FMS but I just can get this one right. It has a rough feel when spinning up on my bench tester that I’m not happy with. Anyone else having problems with this? Perhaps it’s in the motor bearings, not sure though.
Jan 16, 2018, 07:41 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Did you take it apart ? Don't !!

They balance motor, fan & spinner together, I am pretty sure of that.

Take the spinner off and rotate the plastic fan rotor by 180 degrees in the alu adapter, should be a lot more balanced. There's only two possibilities.
Jan 16, 2018, 07:58 PM
Yes I took it apart because it was terribly out of balance when I got it.

I static balanced it on my prop balancer with a custom 8mm adapter that was needed , it required a little weight that I added to the hub. Then I chose the best of the 2 positions that the fan can be mounted to the motor shaft adapter, and lastly I clocked the spinner. It sounds good at higher speeds but feels rough to the touch at lower speeds.
Jan 16, 2018, 08:00 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Try to rotate the rotor by 180 degrees, it can only go on two ways. Could have been an assembly error.

My two ones were perfectly balanced (both from bangood).
Jan 16, 2018, 08:18 PM
Lucky you!
Well I’ll go through the positioning and clocking procedure again. I’ll be sticking this in a habu32 I’ve been working on. Any idea what the amp draw should be?
Jan 17, 2018, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Did you take it apart ? Don't !!

They balance motor, fan & spinner together, I am pretty sure of that.

Take the spinner off and rotate the plastic fan rotor by 180 degrees in the alu adapter, should be a lot more balanced. There's only two possibilities.
This is some of the best advice that can be given!! If you have taken it apart already then that could be why the balance is bad. I have 4 FMS fans and all were perfectly balanced from the factory. No need to fiddle with them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake
Yes I took it apart because it was terribly out of balance when I got it.

I static balanced it on my prop balancer with a custom 8mm adapter that was needed , it required a little weight that I added to the hub. Then I chose the best of the 2 positions that the fan can be mounted to the motor shaft adapter, and lastly I clocked the spinner. It sounds good at higher speeds but feels rough to the touch at lower speeds.
I still have yet to balance one of these since they have been perfect out of the box. But I always go by feel instead of the usual methods and have had really good results.
Jan 17, 2018, 01:22 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
... Any idea what the amp draw should be?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=25
Jan 17, 2018, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the reply
Jan 22, 2018, 12:32 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Had three flights this weekend with the WeMoTec 80mm fan / HET 650 innruner installed in the Freewing A-4 ...

The balanced WeMoTec is a very smooth and quiet fan, more quiet than than the FMS fan, almost too quiet

I thought top speed was pretty good, nevertheless there is hardly any noticeable difference with the FMS fan

Thrust (at about the same wattage) was about the same, top speed did not go up significantly, and flight time - with my usual flying style - was about the same too, so no noticeable gain in efficiency either.

Moral of the story is : FMS did a pretty good job on their $76 fan / inrunner motor design !!
Jan 22, 2018, 12:57 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Here are some power readings with the WeMoTec Evo 80mm fan on a fully charged Roaring Top 5000mAh 35 6S pack, installed in the A-4 :

~ 2015 Watts, ~ 90A

So, for a comparison, the power is ~ 14% less than the FMS fan, mostly due to different fan loads & kv presumably :

To give about the same power as the FMS fan, the kv on the HET 650 motor would have to be ~ 2200 (as opposed to 2100).

Last edited by Herb; Jan 22, 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Jan 22, 2018, 06:23 PM
This is watt I’m getting with fresh batteries in my FMS 80/ Habu 32
Jan 22, 2018, 07:12 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
We get the same numbers on FMS fan ? My batts here are fully charged for the FMS fan test :

yours are not (since you have 3.88 V / cell) ... so there's the difference, possibly.
Jan 22, 2018, 07:29 PM
The voltage you see on the meter was after three minutes of testing. The amps and watts were peak numbers earlier during wot test. The battery was absolutely charged, I even tried other batteries and the results are the same.

I made sure the throttle range check was performed and low timing was set. Maybe I got a bad motor but I think I’ll try to fly it anyway.
Last edited by rlake; Jan 23, 2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: To elaborate on the subject
Jan 23, 2018, 11:29 AM
Quote:
This is watt Im getting with fresh batteries in my FMS 80/ Habu 32
That sounds about right. I was able to get the same flight times with this set up as I did with the Stock set up. The batteries are never warm either which tells me, without doing a watt meter test, that they are drawing about the same. The weight is quite a bit less than stock though and the thrust seems to be the same if not better in my F-5 and Mig-21. I am really curious to see how well it does in the Habu32. Keep us posted!

Quote:
We get the same numbers on FMS fan ? My batts here are fully charged for the FMS fan test :

yours are not (since you have 3.88 V / cell) ... so there's the difference, possibly.
They changed out the motors in the later set ups. The KV was actually higher than they stated on the first batch. So maybe you have one of those. I have 3 fans now and they are all giving the same readings at 3.75-3.8v per cell under load with a fresh battery. I didn't get the amp reading yet but did use my cell checker to see what they were doing under load.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
That sounds about right. I was able to get the same flight times with this set up as I did with the Stock set up. The batteries are never warm either which tells me, without doing a watt meter test, that they are drawing about the same. The weight is quite a bit less than stock though and the thrust seems to be the same if not better in my F-5 and Mig-21. I am really curious to see how well it does in the Habu32. Keep us posted!

They changed out the motors in the later set ups. The KV was actually higher than they stated on the first batch. So maybe you have one of those. I have 3 fans now and they are all giving the same readings at 3.75-3.8v per cell under load with a fresh battery. I didn't get the amp reading yet but did use my cell checker to see what they were doing under load.
So the KV is a little less than 2000? Well that would explain the numbers. It feels like it has the thrust to take of a decent grass field, we shall see when the weather improves.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:42 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
The voltage you see on the meter was after three minutes of testing. The amps and watts were peak numbers earlier during wot test. The battery was absolutely charged, I even tried other batteries and the results are the same. I made sure the throttle range check was performed and low timing was set. Maybe I got a bad motor but I think I’ll try to fly it anyway.
Not sure what is going on with your motor and/or fan and/or esc.

Did you get the FMS fan from Bangood, and when ? What size batteries are you using (capacity), C rating ? What esc are you using ? What do you mean by low timing ? What is your PWM setting ? Did you disassemble the fan ?

My first one was from Bangood Feb 19 2017, the second one was also from Bangood (after a few restocking cycles) on Dec 14 2017, therefore 11 months later.

My measured amp draw and power on the two is identical, and exact same as on the FMS page :

That page and the data on that FMS page has never changed, as far as I know.

Nor has the motor kv which is stated as (and always has been) kv=2000. Since I bought it in Feb. 2017.

A variability of 5-10% in the kv is not unusual for machine wound motors like this one.

Last edited by Herb; Jan 23, 2018 at 11:52 AM.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:54 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
... They changed out the motors in the later set ups. The KV was actually higher than they stated on the first batch.....
I think you are just speculating, that is not my experience. I measured the kv on both fans. See the post above.
Jan 23, 2018, 11:55 AM
I got mine early December 2017 from RC Castle. I’m using a Turnigy plush 100amp esc with the timing set to low along with a separate Castle Creations bec. I have no idea about the PWM
Jan 23, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
I think you are just speculating, that is not my experience. I measured the kv on both fans. See the post above.
That is not a speculation. My friend had the Futura with the same fan from the early batch. It was stated to have a 2000kv motor but they were actually much higher. His amp readings were over 100amps with his. There was a thread about this somewhere too.

Maybe your experience with the fan is different than mine but that doesn't negate my experience with it.
Jan 23, 2018, 12:03 PM
Quote:
So the KV is a little less than 2000? Well that would explain the numbers. It feels like it has the thrust to take of a decent grass field, we shall see when the weather improves.
I haven't checked the actual KV but they state it is 2000kv. It could be more or less depending on the quality of the motor. Your battery readings are really good though!! Pretty Efficient for an EDF set up! What size packs are you using? What C rating as well?
Jan 23, 2018, 12:04 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
I got mine early December 2017 from RC Castle. I’m using a Turnigy plush 100amp esc with the timing set to low along with a separate Castle Creations bec. I have no idea about the PWM
Well your second fan is - possibly - from the same timeframe as my second one.

In spite of recurrent claims to the contrary, power is affected by many factors, and here it could be your esc as well. I don't have one of those (Turnigy Plush 100A) so can't say much about it. Perhaps you might want to try another esc at some point.
Jan 23, 2018, 01:05 PM
I use Roaring Top 5000mah 70c 6s mostly and Turnigy 5000mah 40c 6s for lazy flights
Jan 24, 2018, 12:21 AM
Quote:
I use Roaring Top 5000mah 70c 6s mostly and Turnigy 5000mah 40c 6s for lazy flights
you will be getting some really good flight times with those packs just going off of your watt meter readings! Really looking forward to seeing video if you can get any!
Feb 10, 2018, 10:13 AM

Problem solved

Quote:
you will be getting some really good flight times with those packs just going off of your watt meter readings! Really looking forward to seeing video if you can get any!
I replaced the longish XT60 cables on my watt meter with short 5.5 bullet cables like my battery discharge and my peak numbers when way up!

I know XT60s are only rated for 60 amps but I primarily use this meter for smaller edf stuff and never thought about the length of the cable and connectors affecting the reading.
Last edited by rlake; Feb 10, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
Feb 10, 2018, 02:15 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
That's exactly the numbers I get ...

Yes dirty connectors & poor solder jobs can affect readings, as well as cheap shunt-based wattmeters that give incorrect current readings past ~80A.
Feb 25, 2018, 02:28 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
FMS has finally decided to label their 3270 motors with a clearly stamped kv:

http://www.fmsmodel.com/home/electronics/motors

The web page now shows two kv (2000kv and 1930kv) which are rather close to each other, it's anybody's guess what motor they got in the past.

The wording on their web page seems to indicate that the FMS 80mm Hawk is now delivered with the 1930kv motor, which should bring it inside the range of the stock 100A esc ...

Feb 25, 2018, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info
Ron
Feb 27, 2018, 06:09 AM
Blue Skies
Herb, how much of a drop-in fit was the FMS 80mm EDF, or is some work required to get the unit mounted properly?

You also mentioned a wrong ESC setting can destroy the ESC. What is the correct ESC setting? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Don
Feb 27, 2018, 01:15 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Hi, no work at all to get it fitted, just a bit of foam sanding here and there. I think the FMS units is just slightly longer by a few mm's ?

The 80mm fan has a 4-pole inrunner motor, so the correct settings are LOW timing (~ 6 degrees) and 8kHz PWM. If the motor stutters (that can depend on the ECS) then increase the PWM to 12kHz or 16kHz.
Feb 27, 2018, 01:19 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Interestingly enough, while FMS offers two motors for their 80mm fan, only one setup (the 2000kv one) is sold as a complete unit :

http://www.fmsmodel.com/home/accessories/edf-units

Neverthless it also states that the 1930kv motor is now sold with the 80mm Hawk

http://www.fmsmodel.com/predator-3270-kv1930-motor
Feb 28, 2018, 09:59 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Hi, no work at all to get it fitted, just a bit of foam sanding here and there. I think the FMS units is just slightly longer by a few mm's ?

The 80mm fan has a 4-pole inrunner motor, so the correct settings are LOW timing (~ 6 degrees) and 8kHz PWM. If the motor stutters (that can depend on the ECS) then increase the PWM to 12kHz or 16kHz.
Thanks Herb. I'm thinking of getting the A-4 ARF Plus and adding my own ESC with an 8A BEC integrated into the ESC. I think it would be a much better power system than the stock one in the A-4. BG has the 80mm EDF unit complete with the motor and fan unit for $76, as you know, but it is out of stock for now. The ARF Plus, an ESC and the FMS inrunner will cost a little more than a PNP model, but I wouldn't have to worry about the BEC failing, and get better performance out of the inrunner. That is, if I'm not misinterpreting your results with the FMS 80mm inrunner.
Don
Feb 28, 2018, 10:57 AM
Quote:
FMS has finally decided to label their 3270 motors with a clearly stamped kv:

The web page now shows two kv (2000kv and 1930kv) which are rather close to each other, it's anybody's guess what motor they got in the past.

The wording on their web page seems to indicate that the FMS 80mm Hawk is now delivered with the 1930kv motor, which should bring it inside the range of the stock 100A esc ...

Glad to see that they are making them now! I am loving the Hawks set up as well as the others I have gotten which all get the same performance. They must be the 1930kv variants as well...
Mar 01, 2018, 05:10 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
.... a much better power system than the stock one in the A-4. BG has the 80mm EDF unit complete with the motor and fan unit for $76 ...
I think the latest Freewing 80mm outrunner fans (the ones in the A-4 and Mig-21) are not bad at all, I've seen one fly - and some more youtube videos.

I think the power in Watts is very comparable, which explains the rather similar performance.

To me the main argument in favor of the FMS unit was EFFICIENCY (nice small diam inrunner motor) and significantly less WEIGHT.
Mar 20, 2018, 01:43 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
I have two of these Freewing A-10 80mm plastic outrunner 9-bl fans, and they are totally useless - in the sense that only the Freewing outrunner motor and the Freewing aluminum prop adapter will fit in them.

Nothing else I have around in my shop seems to fit them

Jun 12, 2018, 07:53 AM
No Guts, No Glory

EFlite F4 Phantom with FMS 80mm EDF 12 blade

F4 pilots

Finally I got my F4 ready for testing my new FMS EDF 80mm 12 blade.
Spec say....25 volts at 98 Amps trust 3200gram

well in Eflite F4 those reading I didn't get sadly.

static trust I got was 2Kg at 2000 watt average.

I had hoped to get around 2.5-2.7Kg of static trust, but with design of exhaust of Phantom I didn't get those reading

grts Hans

ps I didn't check EDF unit, just out off the box testing
Jun 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle
F4 pilots

Finally I got my F4 ready for testing my new FMS EDF 80mm 12 blade.
Spec say....25 volts at 98 Amps trust 3200gram

well in Eflite F4 those reading I didn't get sadly.

static trust I got was 2Kg at 2000 watt average.

I had hoped to get around 2.5-2.7Kg of static trust, but with design of exhaust of Phantom I didn't get those reading

grts Hans

ps I didn't check EDF unit, just out off the box testing
Sounds like the fan is choking. The fan that was originally made for this plane needed a smaller exhaust diameter than this fan likes. If you open it up a little and make sure that it is getting the air that it needs it will be better.
Jun 12, 2018, 11:04 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
... Spec say....25 volts at 98 Amps trust 3200gram ... well in Eflite F4 those reading I didn't get sadly. static trust I got was 2Kg at 2000 watt average.
Thrust quoted by some vendors can be very optimistic, and often under near-ideal conditions (ie perfectly shaped VDI intake).

For ex. with a good quality fan (eg JetFan 80mm) expect at most about 2.6kg at ~2000W, and not installed, so the test numbers are pure fantasy figures in real conditions (eg a real 6S battery).

http://shop.ejets.at/_lccms_/downloa...AN-80_V1--.jpg

Even for "normal" bench setups expect ~20% losses or more when installed in the jet, depending on inlet shape.

Also your thrust measurements might be imperfect (ground friction etc).

One of my friends did exactly what you did, installed the FMS fan in the E-Flite F-4 ... and it flew much better than with the original setup.

No other changes there except the fan.
Jun 12, 2018, 01:28 PM
The bifurcated ducting in the f4 is a killer. I measure 2.375 kilograms in my Habu32 with the FMS 80mm unit.
Jun 12, 2018, 03:02 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Yes what he says ... the bifurcation will eat more thrust.

Your 2.1kg of static thrust seems rather reasonable ... Go fly and let us know how it goes !

Btw don't fly it too slow, the high wingloading will make it fall out of the sky ... also make sure your elevator servo is secured.

I've seen two fly at my field, flies nice but keep up the speed.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:44 AM
No Guts, No Glory

another day

Hi

I checked my EDF unit and it was balanced.
Also I noticed a hole in top of EDF unit for motor cables but with this motor you don't use them
I taped EDF unit that all is air tight now.
Also I put my plane on a table see pic.
Well, new reading are.
Static trust 2,4KG at 1846 watt.
LIPO is a Zippy 6S5000 30C
ESC is a Turnigy Dlux 120A opto.
BEC is castel creation 10A with a 2S2200 lipo

grts Hans

I will update after test flying it.
Thanks for warning regarding elevator mine is mounted in the back on a ply board.
And yes it's a heavy plane, so keep up the speed and big corners.
Last edited by timmybeetle; Jun 13, 2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: power reading
Jun 13, 2018, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Hi

I checked my EDF unit and it was balanced.
Also I noticed a hole in top of EDF unit for motor cables but with this motor you don't use them
I taped EDF unit that all is air tight now.
Also I put my plane on a table see pic.
Well, new reading are.
Static trust 2,4KG at 2500 watt.
LIPO is a Zippy 6S5000 30C
ESC is a Turnigy Dlux 120A opto.
BEC is castel creation 10A with a 2S2200 lipo

grts Hans

I will update after test flying it.
Thanks for warning regarding elevator mine is mounted in the back on a ply board.
And yes it's a heavy plane, so keep up the speed and big corners.
Not very efficient numbers but it should fly well with short flight times.
Jun 13, 2018, 09:36 AM
No Guts, No Glory

power reading

Quote:
Not very efficient numbers but it should fly well with short flight times.
Hi

I checked my telemetry data
power is 20 volts and 92 amps = 1840+ watt

grts Hans
Jun 13, 2018, 10:48 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Also, your batteries might be a bit weak and / or old ... with better batteries you should get initially 22 V x 101 A = approx 2200 W ...

For now you can fly with them, but later you might want to think about newer, fresher batteries.

The 2S 2200mAh for the bec will add a ton of weight, better plug that bec into the balancer plug of your 6S pack if it can take it. Or parallel it with the power cables.
Jun 13, 2018, 03:15 PM
No Guts, No Glory

LIPO's and BEC LIPO

Hi

Weight of plane is 3.397 kg.
I like separate lipo for BEC, better save than sorry.
weight of lipo is only 115gram.....
Yes my 6S lipo's are older, IR of lipo is around 74mOhm.., other 6S is around 54.3 mOhm(14C real)
I checked one of them with my LIPO ESR meter(Wyane Giles)
Well Zippy say 30C but mine are now only 14 C, resulting in max amp draw of 70.
That's way my voltage goes down to 20.
I ordered me 1 new lipo, manufactory say it's 60C well I will test it with my ESR meter and see real C

Thanks for all advise and help guy's.

grts Hans
Jun 14, 2018, 11:11 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
... I like separate lipo for BEC, better save than sorry...
Nowadays a separate battery in such a small (and already overweight) model adds nothing, only extra weight, as compared to a bec connected to the main pack.
Aug 13, 2018, 12:17 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
FMS 80mm inrunner fan in stock again now at Bangood for $76 & free shipping ...

https://www.banggood.com/FMS-80mm-12...r_warehouse=CN

This is the usual 2000kv motor version - of which I have two, one in the FW A-4 and one in the FW MiG-21-

Aug 13, 2018, 12:22 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Direct head to head comparison video of Freeewing A-4 with stock outrunner fan, and FMS 12-bl inrunner fan

Stock FW 80mm outrunner fan :

A-4 Skyhawk 80mm EDF by Freewing 4K (3 min 37 sec)

FMS 80mm inrunner fan :

A-4 Skyhawk by Freewing - FMS 80mm fan 4K (3 min 2 sec)
Aug 16, 2018, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Direct head to head comparison video of Freeewing A-4 with stock outrunner fan, and FMS 12-bl inrunner fan

Stock FW 80mm outrunner fan :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW8_NhCXp-0

FMS 80mm inrunner fan :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN9Wy1Bfh0s
Maybe I am just biased... but I see a performance increase and in sounds so much better to me....
Aug 16, 2018, 11:42 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Yes to me there's no comparison, not even close

And he uses good batts too Admiral 5000's I believe...

Quick Reply