This thread is privately moderated by Miami Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2017, 09:13 AM
Registered Taranis User
Discussion

Taranis: Mixes are for mixing, inputs are for selecting.

Mixes are for mixing, inputs are for selecting.

It may be that you're performing operations on your Mixes page that could be done instead on your Inputs page. The Inputs page isn't just good for selecting rates and exponential for your sticks, you can move virtually any operation that consist solely of selecting, rather than mixing, to the Inputs page. This can be useful for removing clutter from your Mixes page and more evenly distributing your setup across the two pages, which both limit their number of lines to 64.

Here's an example from my glider setup, where I use TrmT to adjust reflex and camber in four different flight modes. It started out on the Mixes page:

Code:
CH10(RfxCam)  TrmT Weight(+50%) Flight mode(Zoom) Offset(50%) [Zoom]
           += TrmT Weight(+25%) Flight mode(Speed) Offset(25%) [Speed]
           += TrmT Weight(+25%) Flight mode(Thermal) Offset(-25%) [Thermal]
           += TrmT Weight(+50%) Flight mode(Launch) Offset(-50%) [Launch]
Channel 10 was being read by the aileron and flap output channels with mix lines similar to this one (this is not exact):

Code:
CH01 (RtAil) CH10 Weight(+100%)
This worked fine but my mix lines were starting to run short and I wanted to clean up the page, so I moved the operation to the Inputs page and added a "catchall" at the end to make sure that the input explicitly contributes a value of zero when not in a flight mode that incorporates reflex or camber:

Code:
[I4]RxCm TrmT Weight(+50%) Flight mode(Zoom) Offset(50%) [Zoom]
         TrmT Weight(+25%) Flight mode(Speed) Offset(25%) [Speed]
         TrmT Weight(+25%) Flight mode(Thermal) Offset(-25%) [Thermal]
         TrmT Weight(+50%) Flight mode(Launch) Offset(-50%) [Launch]
         MAX Weight(0%) [Default]
Now, on the Mixes page I read the input with lines similar to this:

Code:
 [I4]RxCm Weight(+100%)
With this technique I've relocated quite a few of my mix lines to my Inputs page, and now I have plenty of space open for new mixes.

Latest blog entry: Taranis: Aileron-To-Rudder Mix.
to remove ads between posts