Jun 12, 2021, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
Awesome... thanks Chris! That makes it much easier quicker to do and more accurate than using a protractor...
Welcome! It sure does. Just a few minutes in Fusion 360 saves a whole bunch of b.... I mean "head" scratching in the workshop.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2021, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
I'm going to 3d print some vortex generators for my havoc XE to see if it helps that planes dreaded landing stall
Jun 12, 2021, 02:56 PM
world's slowest builder
I pretty sure I will be putting VGs on all my models. We have a short runway so I’m always tying to get as slow as possible on landings and this is where they really help...and also good for preventing unexpected snaps on hard pulls.
Jun 15, 2021, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Here's some I installed on Havoc. They were 3d printed with petg
Jun 15, 2021, 10:48 AM
Those look great! I just cut mine out of clear plastic from a blister pack. Very low tech. LOL

Chris
Jun 15, 2021, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Those look great! I just cut mine out of clear plastic from a blister pack. Very low tech. LOL

Chris
I'm WAAAAAAAY too lazy to do that!
Jun 15, 2021, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
I'm WAAAAAAAY too lazy to do that!
You'd think I would have printed mine too, since I went to the trouble of designing and printing a layout template. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Chris
Jun 15, 2021, 12:26 PM
Well, now that you know ...
I'm planning to print some and use your template to just slide them in.
Jun 16, 2021, 12:23 PM
Psalm 33:3

Is SAFE useful on the Avanti in crosswind landings?

I've been flying RC for more than 30 years, but the Avanti is my first jet. I'm using a simple AR620 receiver and it's doing fine in general. No problems taking off, flying and landing. However, we often have a crosswind at our flying field and I have more trouble landing when we do. A couple of days ago, we had a sudden gust that flipped my plane sideways about 3 ft in the air just as I was going slow landing. I managed to get it upright just before it touched the ground, but it was an ugly landing with minor damage. So that generated 2 questions.

1. Would I benefit from a more expensive receiver that offers SAFE mode? I hate using SAFE on my V-900 but I'm open if it would keep me from having trouble landing the Avanti in crosswinds.

2. I also think I notice that my plane wants to tip-stall more when I have flaps all the way down. (like 30 mm) Does that make sense, or am I just imagining it? I can handle it, but I am curious.
Last edited by Mobie; Jun 16, 2021 at 12:42 PM.
Jun 16, 2021, 01:08 PM
No, put on your big boy pants and fly it without safe, anyone who fly's jets should not have to rely on safe...im sure you can handle it!
Jun 16, 2021, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TockTari
No, put on your big boy pants and fly it without safe, anyone who fly's jets should not have to rely on safe...im sure you can handle it!
Good to know, thank you. I can totally handle it.
Jun 16, 2021, 01:23 PM
I scared the crap out of myself by accidentally switching my SR8 to 'self level' mode last time I was flying. I thought I'd lost the elevator when it suddenly pitched over to level flight. LOL

I'm not a big fan of 'rescue' modes, even on my helis. Call me old school I guess.

Chris
Jun 16, 2021, 01:54 PM
Thank you! You guys just saved me from spending another $100 for another AR637T I hate SAFE mode in general, but I was wondering if anyone used it.
Jun 18, 2021, 11:45 AM

Gyro Flight Report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobie
Thank you! You guys just saved me from spending another $100 for another AR637T I hate SAFE mode in general, but I was wondering if anyone used it.
The solution is a $22 Hobby Eagle A3-L gyro from motion rc! I installed one on mine and have been playing with the gain settings to get it fine tuned. Yesterday was a nasty 12mph 90 degree crosswind and the Avanti came in for landing rock steady with the gyro set to about 15% gain. Unlike SAFE it doesn't impose on your flying, but it does smooth out any sudden gusts. I've never used a gyro in any of my planes before, but I'm a believer in certain situations now after seeing how well it smoothed out the Avanti on windy days I otherwise may have left it at home for. Many of the large EDF and turbine guys use gyros to help steady the plane for low passes, why shouldn't we do the same! Just make sure you can turn it off in flight in case there is an issue, and you can also turn it off for calm/light wind days.
Jun 19, 2021, 08:33 AM
Hello

My main landing gear went off and now need to glue them back, what is the best adhesive to use, when they came off i used cyano but did not worked well so i need an advice

polyurethane glue, foam tac, epoxy......

Thanks

Quick Reply