Mar 03, 2017, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

FMS 70mm Avanti

Name: Screenshot_20170301-130336.jpg
Views: 460
Size: 227.6 KB
Description:

FMS Avanti 70mm. FMS says this is licensed by SebArt and not a copy, so please refrain from slander of FMS.

I for one am happy to see more EDF come in smaller and smaller packages!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2017, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
I will be getting the freewing one. I love fms but it seems this kind of jet might lose money since the freewing one is priced super well has a nice light package. I'd personally like to see fms make a really nice f18 or f22. Not sure why we arnt seeing those. They would sell like hotcakes. I guess this Avanti could have a market if they price it at the $200 Mark but still the freewing one looks so good
Mar 03, 2017, 12:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmanb
I will be getting the freewing one. I love fms but it seems this kind of jet might lose money since the freewing one is priced super well has a nice light package. I'd personally like to see fms make a really nice f18 or f22. Not sure why we arnt seeing those. They would sell like hotcakes. I guess this Avanti could have a market if they price it at the $200 Mark but still the freewing one looks so good
Well yeah it's a 80mm edf vs a 70mm edf. Obviously the 80mm one will be fancier. It's like comparing the 70mm f-16 to the 90mm.

It's good to have planes of each size. In 80mm, you decide between the FMS futura and the Freewing avanti, not neccessarily 70mm avanti and 80mm avanti. (i personally chose futura since i own a turbine futura)

I personally think this plane will be an ideal "starter edf".

70mm's are good trainers because they are basically "bare bones" to be able to take off and land like a "proper jet". Overall they are cheaper to make and lighter.

The 70mm edf's were good starter jets. Habu 2, Freewing Rebel, Dynam meteor.. etc. All of these models are dated now and could use something modern to replace them.

A beginner edf pilot would start with the FMS avanti, and when they are more experienced and can handle a faster, higher wing loading plane they move on to the Freewing Avanti or FMS futura.

I don't see this avanti and the freewing avanti being direct competitors.

IMO, this plane has 3 markets:

1. beginner edf pilots
2. experienced edf pilots that want a "compact" sport jet
3. experienced edf pilots that want a cheaper sport jet

where as the Freewing Avanti is really for:

1. People who want a high-performance foamy sport edf's that is not the stinger or a viperjet
2. people who want a more modern foamy sport jet than the stinger or the viper jet, and don't want to buy the 105mm super viper because cost/size
Last edited by bandetlol; Mar 03, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
Well yeah it's a 80mm edf vs a 70mm edf. Obviously the 80mm one will be fancier. It's like comparing the 70mm f-16 to the 90mm.

It's good to have planes of each size. In 80mm, you decide between the FMS futura and the Freewing avanti, not neccessarily 70mm avanti and 80mm avanti. (i personally chose futura since i own a turbine futura)

I personally think this plane will be an ideal "starter edf".

70mm's are good trainers because they are basically "bare bones" to be able to take off and land like a "proper jet". Overall they are cheaper to make and lighter.

The 70mm edf's were good starter jets. Habu 2, Freewing Rebel, Dynam meteor.. etc. All of these models are dated now and could use something modern to replace them.

A beginner edf pilot would start with the FMS avanti, and when they are more experienced and can handle a faster, higher wing loading plane they move on to the Freewing Avanti or FMS futura.

I don't see this avanti and the freewing avanti being direct competitors.

IMO, this plane has 3 markets:

1. beginner edf pilots
2. experienced edf pilots that want a "compact" sport jet
3. experienced edf pilots that want a cheaper sport jet

where as the Freewing Avanti is really for:

1. People who want a high-performance foamy sport edf's that is not the stinger or a viperjet
2. people who want a more modern foamy sport jet than the stinger or the viper jet, and don't want to buy the 105mm super viper because cost/size
Good points. I just want to see a 90mm f22 and nice f18 blue Angel. The yak 130 70 is a great beginner sport jet imo. Though considered scale it flies like a sport jet.
Mar 03, 2017, 01:51 PM
I think this Avant will move 70mm to the next level in offerings.. Normally comes with crappy landing gear but this one offers decent struts as stock admittedly not trailing links but it's a start .. Hoping Freewing takes note & offers decent struts on their upcoming 70mm & not crappy chicken legs..I'm buying the Freewing 80mm Avanti but my Hangar always has space for 70mm Jets .. Never enough Avanti Jets .. I already have a Sebart Mini S Mini on 10s.. This 70mm with a XRP 13bl will be outrageously dangerous..
Mar 03, 2017, 02:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
I think this Avant will move 70mm to the next level in offerings.. Normally comes with crappy landing gear but this one offers decent struts as stock admittedly not trailing links but it's a start .. Hoping Freewing takes note & offers decent struts on their upcoming 70mm & not crappy chicken legs..I'm buying the Freewing 80mm Avanti but my Hangar always has space for 70mm Jets .. Never enough Avanti Jets .. I already have a Sebart Mini S Mini on 10s.. This 70mm with a XRP 13bl will be outrageously dangerous..

freewing does offer decent struts on their 70mms but they are an optional upgrade that costs like 40$ more.
Mar 03, 2017, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmanb
Good points. I just want to see a 90mm f22 and nice f18 blue Angel. The yak 130 70 is a great beginner sport jet imo. Though considered scale it flies like a sport jet.
yeah so between the two it's just a decision between what the customer wants, a more scale jet or a more acrobatic / faster sport jet

Also, landing gear is wider and lower on this than the yak so it would be harder to flip
Mar 03, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
freewing does offer decent struts on their 70mms but they are an optional upgrade that costs like 40$ more.
Exactly..no added cost but offered stock
Mar 03, 2017, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Real struts are def a must on a trainer edf tho. hard landings and whatnot
Mar 03, 2017, 03:00 PM
Yep agreed.. Tell that to the manufacturers ..
Mar 13, 2017, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
After seeing how well the futura flies looking forward to this. Pocket rocket sport jet
Mar 13, 2017, 09:23 AM
That's just awesome.
Mar 15, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Attachment 9834698

FMS Avanti 70mm. FMS says this is licensed by SebArt and not a copy, so please refrain from slander of FMS.

I for one am happy to see more EDF come in smaller and smaller packages!
I agree. I preordered the freewing version and now I'm preordering FM's version. It's so cost efficient and perfect size for throwing In the car. I have large 90mm jets from Taft and it's a pain getting in my Lexus SUV and I'm always banging into walls and doors.
Mar 15, 2017, 01:13 PM
Last edited by Comrade_D; Jul 25, 2020 at 01:21 PM.
Mar 15, 2017, 01:16 PM
Last edited by Comrade_D; Jul 25, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply