Rise Vusion FPV Drone Race Gates

FPV Drone Racing with mini quads is the hot topic right now and with more and more clubs meeting up to race and high profile events like the Drone Nationals with ESPN coverage and the DRL League happening, it's set to grown even more in 2017. You might want to get in on the action, but to be a top drone racer, you need to practice, a lot!

Rise Vusion FPV Race Gates

Create Your Own Drone Race Courses with Drone Gates

FPV Drone Racing with mini quads is the hot topic right now and with more and more clubs meeting up to race and high profile events going down like the Drone Nationals with ESPN coverage and the DRL League happening, it's set to grown even more in 2017. You might want to get in on the action, but to be a top drone racer, you need to practice, a lot! Sure you can go out in a large field or fly around some trees, but the only way to really practice is by setting up and flying through race gates. Race gates can be expensive and difficult to set up, but Hobbico's Rise brand has an affordable solution with their Rise Vusion FPV Drone Race Gate System.

For $85, the Rise Vusion FPV Race Gate System comes with a set of gates that you can use to create your own drone race course. The set has two 1300mm race gates and one Freestyle Racing Cube. The race gates and freestyle cube are simple and easy to set up which means you can get more time on the track with your drone. You can also purchase gates separately to expand your track.

• $84.99 - Rise Fusion FPV Race Gate System (3 pieces)
  • $39.99 - Rise Fusion FPV Freestyle Race Gate Cube
  • $24.99 - Rise Fusion FPV Race Gate, 1300mm
  • $17.99 - Rise Fusion FPV Race Gate, 700mm

Check out the Rise Fusion Race Gates Here

Mar 02, 2017, 07:31 PM
Not bad cost-wise, but could be better. I like the cube--it's unique (at least I've not seen one like it).

A low-cost race gate solution is something I am waiting for--probably many others for that matter...
Mar 02, 2017, 08:49 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
frick.... that "cube".... i thrown 3 in the trash last year.. they were not fpv gates or "cubes" but part of a kids play jungle..

guess i'll buy them again once they are in the toyshop again for a few bucks... never thought of using them for fpv!
Mar 03, 2017, 10:59 PM
I don't know what this is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brquad
Not bad cost-wise, but could be better. I like the cube--it's unique (at least I've not seen one like it).
Copied from Graupner but cheaper ya
https://www.graupnerusa.com/FPV_Race_Tracks.html

The Graupner ones are brittle fwiw
Mar 09, 2017, 12:19 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Hmmm
Apr 05, 2017, 10:49 PM
nice
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
May 11, 2017, 09:57 AM
Greetings,

Could anyone confirm the set has two 1300mm gates plus the "cube"? I see reference to a 700mm gate and in the video you can see one small gate.

Also, can anyone confirm the measurements of the gates and the cube? Height, as I suppose 1300mm is the width at the bottom base.

Thanks.
May 29, 2017, 10:46 AM

They could have been nice, but...

These gates have a nice look, but in Europe is impossible to but them. We'll have to by Graupner gates because Hobbico closed his warehouse in Europe and now seems there's no distribution here.

I'll have to buy 4 Graupner gates for 99. A little bit more expensive than these, but I don't have to spend 3 weeks trying to contact with a retailer and not being able to buy them anyway. Shame for the "cube", as I wanted to try it.

Any ways, the set is composed by 2 gates with 2600mm x 1300mm and a "cube" with unknown measurements. The little gate at the end of the video will be the 700mm height one and it's not included.

Shame...
Sep 10, 2017, 07:05 PM

great idea Buttt

I still cant figure out how to get it back into the little package it came in .
I hit it with my vortex 250 and it shredded the fabric. WHAT A JOKE>
Needs to be made out of parachute fabric? I dont know. But its going to be covered in patches if not in the trash way too soon for $84.

I bought the 3 pack, 2 gates and a cube,, No directions came with it, not quite sure what to do with all the string.
The cube is cool for sure.
Sep 14, 2017, 09:22 PM
FPV is not a Crime
I got 4 of these gates yesterday. Flew 10 packs today and destroyed them all. The fabric shreds instantly, the pole material is brittle and breaks. The plastic that holds the top spreader pole in place is a joke, broke two of those. The fabric separated from the strap material on one after one hit. I was hoping these would hold me over till the Quadiction gates were back in stock, but I should have just saved my money.

Tower hobbies have yet again demonstrated that they have no idea what quad racing is about. If you have any doubt that this company is yet another just trying to cash in on something they don't understand, just look at what they sell as an RTF racer. $350 for that yellow and Black POS? Don't waste your time.
Sep 15, 2017, 11:49 AM
Honorable Deplorable
I just received mine yesterday. Aside from trying to figure out how to repack them.....they are nice gates

Quick Reply