Sep 17, 2019, 11:12 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Well done markkona,
it was worth all the effort in the end hey!
I bet you feel pleased with yourself now especially since she obviously flew well enough too.
Looking forward to some more action shots
Hehe yes that's true thanks. Will definitely upload more ince i repaint the whole fuselage in matching colours
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 08:32 AM
Anyone knows the exact size of the stock motor's bearings please??
Sep 19, 2019, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona
D3648-700KV .....it is currently (like usual) "out of order"
Sep 19, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
oops, sorry.....I though you were asking for the "motor"......
Sep 19, 2019, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiacost
oops, sorry.....I though you were asking for the "motor"......
No worries i measured them and they are a common size 5 x 10 x 4mm I am redoing some more not so perfect repairs from my crash on the fuselage while waiting for spray can with matching paint and bearings to arrive.
Sep 23, 2019, 11:48 AM

Cub j3 almost ready for re maiden

Paint job is finally over now all I need is to reassemble the Cub and wait for those bearings to show up in the mail
Sep 27, 2019, 02:30 AM
Morning guys today remaidened the cub with the new livery and everything went great even though it was gusting quite a bit. Motor bearings very smooth but I think I have a little loose might need to add another spacer behind the circlip at the back of the motor shaft
Sep 27, 2019, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Morning guys today remaidened the cub with the new livery and everything went great even though it was gusting quite a bit. Motor bearings very smooth but I think I have a little loose might need to add another spacer behind the circlip at the back of the motor shaft

The Phoenix Rises... You have done a great job.

I thought you might be interested in these 3D printed parts.

Parts
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1272527

Motor
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2855083
Sep 27, 2019, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Great news markkona, all that effort has paid off hey
I'm putting together my replacement kit that I bought after I trashed mine all those months ago. I don't intend using it until my re-built MK1 eventually bites the dust.
I will play around with it and see if I can improve upon the first one particularly with the scale interior and the notorious landing gear .
In the meantime I need to replace the MK 1's motor shaft and bearings but I'm getting different measurements to you??
Mine appear to measure 10mm osd -5mm inside for the 5mm shaft?? and 4mm deep.
The shaft is 50mm long.
Can you tell me where these parts are available please ?
I have a spare motor -Turnigy Aerodrive 35-36-1200kv 560w. Do you think this would do as a replacement if the spares are not available?
I'd be interested to know what the original motor outputs if anyone has a watt meter
Thanks
Sep 27, 2019, 05:19 AM
Yes the osd is 10mm by 5mm by 4mm with that is correct. I would get a motor as close to the original as possible if I were you since it flies so nice with it and has ample power as well.

Re....I have a spare motor -Turnigy Aerodrive 35-36-1200kv 560w. I think kv is too high for a scale model like ours!

Btw I got my bearings from here ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-10...40b6%7Ciid%3A1
Sep 27, 2019, 05:25 AM

Lost engine

I am also happy to report that today I recovered the second engine which had got detached from the cowl from the crash site this morning and already managed to repair and reglue both engines on the cowl
Sep 27, 2019, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
The Phoenix Rises... You have done a great job.

I thought you might be interested in these 3D printed parts.

Parts
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1272527

Motor
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2855083
thanks Those are very helpful links should I god forbid have another similar accident in future
Sep 27, 2019, 06:59 AM
Quote:
That is an excellent paint and repair job...wow
Sep 27, 2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiacost
That is an excellent paint and repair job...wow
thanks still need to add some Navy decals and a serial number on the tail but I am very pleased with the outcome
Oct 16, 2019, 09:44 AM
Only just catching up on this thread and have to say Markkona, that is a great job!! You've inspired me as mine is still in the hangar awaiting repairs - too many aeroplanes and not enough time!!

Quick Reply