Jul 17, 2019, 09:17 PM

Video with Aura 8 and ProModeler Servos

Doc,

Do you have video of your 52" Slick equipped with an Aura 8 and ProModeler servos where you can hear the motor sounds?

Also, do you know if the latest shipment of 52" Slicks have an improved under carriage/landing gear bay/landing gear block?

As time goes on improvements are made and refinements are implemented.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 10:12 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
Do you have video of your 52" Slick equipped with an Aura 8 and ProModeler servos where you can hear the motor sounds?
No, but the video of the 48" Extra with ProModeler servos and raw soundtrack is on the 48 Extra thread.

Quote:
Also, do you know if the latest shipment of 52" Slicks have an improved under carriage/landing gear bay/landing gear block?
I haven't see a Slick kit in over 2 years. My yellow one just keeps going and keeps going. I'de love to build another one but I've already got three of them.
Jul 31, 2019, 06:32 PM

Premium servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
My yellow one just keeps going and keeps going. I'de love to build another one but I've already got three of them.
Anyone other than Doc flying a 52" Slick (or any other EF RC 52" plane) with ProModeler DS150CLHV servos?

Love to hear/read/see how the 52" planes perform with premium servos.

When I switched my 52" Slick to MKS 69HV servos the plane went from C+ to A in my opinion.

I imagine a switch to ProModeler DS150CLHV servos will take a 52" Slick EXP to A+!
Last edited by Trill; Jul 31, 2019 at 06:39 PM.
Jul 31, 2019, 06:49 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I can't comment on this plane or those servos, but I can tell you that the difference between MKS 777 A+ servos and the DS345BLHVs that I run in my 74-75" planes 'was' night and day.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jul 31, 2019, 07:26 PM

Better to Best

MKS to ProModeler!
Jul 31, 2019, 09:02 PM
So, you're going to switch? Or did you already order some?

SteveT.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:40 PM

Another Slick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
So, you're going to switch? Or did you already order some?

SteveT.
Looking at getting another 52” Slick EXP and equipping it with the best equipment including the ProModeler DS150CLHV servos!

The 52” Slick EXP suits my style and the flying areas near my current residence.

When will the 69” Turbo Raven be available?
Last edited by Trill; Aug 01, 2019 at 07:46 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a great plan!!

SteveT.
Aug 01, 2019, 11:55 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
Looking at getting another 52 Slick EXP and equipping it with the best equipment including the ProModeler DS150CLHV servos!
Maybe my absolute favorite, second only to the 48" Extra.

Speaking of which, I'de really like to see you get a 48 Extra V2 too, That one will suit your smaller flying fields extremely well, and with an Aura it tracks like a pattern plane.
Aug 02, 2019, 02:06 AM

Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Maybe my absolute favorite, second only to the 48" Extra.

Speaking of which, I'de really like to see you get a 48 Extra V2 too, That one will suit your smaller flying fields extremely well, and with an Aura it tracks like a pattern plane.
Hmm... Tracks like a pattern plane... Now that’s intriguing and inviting...

When will the 48” Extra EXP V2 be available? When will the ProModeler servos for the 48” planes be available?

The best and the best make for better than the best synergy!
Last edited by Trill; Aug 02, 2019 at 02:12 AM.
Aug 02, 2019, 10:25 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Holy cow. In all the madness, I forgot to release the Kracken............

(4 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Doc Austin; Aug 02, 2019 at 10:36 AM.
Aug 11, 2019, 01:33 PM
Forgive this intrusion, but I'm in need of advice and/or suggestions by those who grok Instagram. I just made our 4th post regarding our servos.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CGU_AHPGy/
. . . and because I'm still feeling my way around IG, I don't know if this, or any of the three prior ones are good, or not.

Anyway, I figured this might be a good place to solicit savvy advice. Oh, and I've just figured out one of the hashtags was dumb because it pertains to plastic models vs. RC - oops! Anyway, please contact me via PM, or via email - [email protected] - to preclude hijacking this thread further. Thank you!

Quick Reply