Thread Tools
Mar 07, 2017, 12:48 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin

As a tourist destination we get every nasty strain from around the globe and every year it seems new and improved. We have lots of retirees and every year the flu takes a whole bunch of them out. Nasty stuff.
Never thought about tourist destinations getting the worst of the mix, but heck you guys should be immune to everything now with all of that exposure.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2017, 01:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Tourist destination illnesses, another reason I avoid San Francisco like the plague!! That and the fact it is easy to get "in" to, but I always get lost trying to get back out!! I think they did it that way on purpose, get the tourists in, then don't let them leave!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Mar 07, 2017, 02:11 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Tourist destination illnesses, another reason I avoid San Francisco like the plague!! That and the fact it is easy to get "in" to, but I always get lost trying to get back out!! I think they did it that way on purpose, get the tourists in, then don't let them leave!!

SteveT.
Our company just had a big gathering in CA involving lots of people from all over the world. Germs were exchanged. And brought back to all the remote locations. Fun fun.

Your comment out trying to get out of SF reminds me of one of my favorite Douglas Adams bits from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency:
“He had extracted himself from the Cambridge one-way system by the usual method, which involved going round and round it faster and faster until he achieved a sort of escape velocity and flew off at a tangent in a random direction, which he was now trying to identify and correct for.”

Sometimes my commute home feels like that
Mar 07, 2017, 02:32 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
In spite of the year round flu epidemic and zombified drivers, I still don't want to leave Florida ever again.

All right. So who has a Slick on order? I've got one coming and will probably get another one once everyone else has had a chance.
Mar 07, 2017, 03:30 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin

All right. So who has a Slick on order? I've got one coming and will probably get another one once everyone else has had a chance.
Well Doc as you know I have a RWB one on order. I am looking forward to this thread growing from everyone getting started around the same time.
Sounds like your videos will be one of the first out for everyone and you know we are looking forward to that.
I am also looking forward to hearing what gear everyone is going to be using.
Mar 07, 2017, 03:35 PM
I am not a robot
Sideslip's Avatar
Doc, I also have a RWB Slick on order, however it's a 74". But I enjoy reading and watching videos that you and the others post here on this tread as well.
Mar 07, 2017, 04:52 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
I'm in.... but ya'll already know that
Mar 07, 2017, 04:59 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
I have a wood 15x7 coming with the Slick but these wood Xoars are so brittle even a slight nick on grass field can mess it up.
On my 52" Extra I just installed a black 15x7 PJM prop that looks a little more durable. I think it's a composite.
Mar 07, 2017, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
On my 52" Extra I just installed a black 15x7 PJM prop that looks a little more durable. I think it's a composite.
It's not a composite as it says Beechwood but it looks cool for sure.
I ordered a 15x7 from Extreme Flight with my plane but will order some 15x6's as Doc has success with them.
Mar 07, 2017, 05:14 PM
I am not a robot
Sideslip's Avatar
15X6 does come in CF, but it's called PJT-E

http://www.xoarintl.com/rc-propeller...Propeller/#buy

But I think I would be tempted to run APC props, if you are having problems with ground strikes on a grass field.
Last edited by Sideslip; Mar 07, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
Mar 07, 2017, 05:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Our company just had a big gathering in CA involving lots of people from all over the world. Germs were exchanged. And brought back to all the remote locations. Fun fun.

Your comment out trying to get out of SF reminds me of one of my favorite Douglas Adams bits from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency:
“He had extracted himself from the Cambridge one-way system by the usual method, which involved going round and round it faster and faster until he achieved a sort of escape velocity and flew off at a tangent in a random direction, which he was now trying to identify and correct for.”

Sometimes my commute home feels like that
You know how on a lot of freeway off ramps, you go off to the right and then can turn left and go under the over pass and then turn left again to get back on the freeway?? Not in San Fransisco...(no "clover leafs" either) you have to turn right and back track "17" blocks to find a place to do that. There are so many streets in San Fran where you can't make left hand turns it is ridiculous!! If you come into San Fran on Highway 280, headed towards the Golden Gate Bridge, you end up on 19th street which is about 6-7 miles long and absolutely no left hand turns (which BTW is the way to the Coast Highway and the coast, so you have to make a right, and then go up to a street where you can make a turn to take you to a cross street to across 19th, but it seems no matter which way you go there are one way streets that just screw you up!! Like I said.. it's not a problem getting into San Fran, but once there, you can't leave!!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Mar 07, 2017, 06:00 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
I have a wood 15x7 coming with the Slick but these wood Xoars are so brittle even a slight nick on grass field can mess it up.
On my 52" Extra I just installed a black 15x7 PJM prop that looks a little more durable. I think it's a composite.
That looks like a Master airscrew type of prop. Those were plastic impregnated with fiber.

You can buy a Xoar propeller sock that just slides over each blade. It's made out of wetsuit material and protects the plane during transport.

These ones appear to made of leather like material.............


http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXZTH9&P=8



Mar 07, 2017, 06:34 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
I have some of those, they're made out of Naugahyde. Just think of all the poor Naugas that have given up their lives for hides for prop covers and other things like old Kustom amplifiers!!

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Mar 07, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
Mar 07, 2017, 06:42 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
So what's this PJM prop I referred to earlier?
Is it a legit Xoar product?
Mar 07, 2017, 06:53 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Yes, just another one of their multiple types of props.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools