Hyperlow Frames: 10mm racing and freestyle builds. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 01, 2017, 04:59 PM
Discussion

Hyperlow Frames: 10mm racing and freestyle builds.

Now Available:

Hyperlow 5" Modular Freestyle

Hyperlow 14xx Racer

Hyperlow Frames Introduction (8 min 10 sec)

hyperlow freestyle at work (2 min 35 sec)
Last edited by perfectprint; May 02, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2017, 07:48 PM
Now available:

14xx Racer:

Overview:
  • 200mm stretched X unibody
  • 4" Size 5" capable
  • Two build orientations: Traditional or Midmount
  • 6 Battery mounting positions: top, bottom, mid x lateral
  • 10mm AIO or 15mm stack build heights
  • 0-90deg cam tilt
  • Sub 300g AUW

This is a super versatile, light weight racing frame. You can build as low as you want using the standard HS1177 cam case with center mounting holes. You can build it in two different configurations for either a midmount battery, or traditionally for a top mount/bottom mount build.

Additionally this frame allows for laterally mounted batteries, so you can front load your CG. A small plate allows you run the strap from either direction when in the midmount configuration, while in a traditional build this feature is built in to the smaller 'top' plate.

With batteries weighing half as much as the quads themselves, battery placement plays a huge roll in handling by effecting the quads CG. This design allows you to dial in your handling by placing it pretty much anywhere. Most frames limit you to 1. Technically you can experiment with 8 on the Hyperlow.

Because of its low profile, even though its a 4" size frame (making it super durable), there is 5" prop clearance.

Recommended power train combo's so far have been the Hyperlite 1407 3600kv's with HQ4x4.5 or the Racekraft 5038.

http://hyperlowframes.com
http://pirofliprc.com
Last edited by perfectprint; Apr 15, 2017 at 07:56 PM.
Apr 15, 2017, 08:27 PM
Great looking frame, but how do you mount the camera - is it just held by the plates? I don't see where the camera bracket can fit...

Have you ever had you battery cut by props when it is mounted on top plate in both configs?

How is the CG with both 1300mah 4S and GOPRO on top?
Apr 15, 2017, 10:17 PM
there are included tpu camera mounts which also provide bumper protection at the front.

This 14xx version is designed for a 800-1000 size battery. 1300 is too heavy for the smaller motors. I have been flying with these....

http://pirofliprc.com/Pyro-Drone-Gra...60_p_3781.html

The plate on top is the strap plate, which you can feed the strap though from either front to back for a laterally mounted battery, or left to right to have battery run along the frame as usual. The batt straps very securely and even in crashing has not hit the props.

No GoPro on this frame. Its a racer only
Apr 16, 2017, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the answer!
Apr 16, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Can the little 4 inch hold 1806 motors ? i prefer 1806 on my 4 inch quads with 4s
Apr 16, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Can the little 4 inch hold 1806 motors ? i prefer 1806 on my 4 inch quads with 4s
the 14xx racer has M2 mounting holes. there will be a frame that has 22xx mounting holes for 1806 and above in the next few weeks.
Apr 17, 2017, 09:34 AM
I like the design - great work!
Apr 17, 2017, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla
I like the design - great work!
Thank you!

5" Modular Freestyle frame is now available. Capable of a 10mm build height with a full size HS1177 FPV Cam. 20mm and 15mm standoff kits also available.

This frame is a true freestyle performer with its Hyperlow CoG, optimized motor layout, and quick change arms. More pics info and vids to follow.

http://hyperlowframes.com/MODULAR-FREESTYLE_p_12.html

Session mount available from Brain3d
Apr 24, 2017, 11:27 AM
Learning FPV is expensive :)
This thing is begging for a micro or mini runcam
May 02, 2017, 02:25 PM
heres some performance action of the freestyle rig. super stable, and super smooth!

hyperlow freestyle at work (2 min 35 sec)
Aug 06, 2017, 02:41 AM
Does the 5 inch modular freestyle come with the camera skid plate you showed in the intro video on youtube?

Quick Reply