Mar 01, 2017, 03:26 PM
Mike's RC Corner
Thread OP
Cool

Very cool Waterproof 1/12 Desert Buggy! WLtoys 12428

I've received this Desert buggy and done a review for my youtube channel, Mike's RC Corner https://www.youtube.com/mikesrccorner and I thought I'd start a thread here sharing what I found out about this RC. First off I think it looks great, a very slick looking machine with that Axial Exo Terra look. It even has a full size wheel on the back. This RC is RTR, including 1500mah Li-on battery and charger. Also VERY cool and bright LEDS on this RC so you can run in nighttime, which i demonstrate in my video review below.
Here's a quick look at the specs:
•2.4GHz transmitter
•4 wheel drive shows a stable and fast control.
•Bright LED light provides a good perspective of night drive.
•100 - 150m control distance.
•Max to 50km/h high speed. (brushed 540 motor)
•Net Weight: 1435g
•Car Size: 42*24.5*18cm
•Battery for Quadcopter: 7.4V 1500mAh Li Battery

Overall I'm very pleased with this RC. It's a fast RC, it's not meant for super fast speed but you certainly have enough speed to keep you happy. It's heavy and goes over terrain quite well. This is a versatile RC, you can bash it a bit, rock race type thing with it or some mild rock crawling. It'd make a great trail RC.
Some things to look out for... it can be nose heavy on jumps depending if it's more of bump than a ramp it'll nose dive. Shocks are average at best and finding some 1/10 buggy oiled filled shocks will help the rear shocks out a lot. Lastly with the wheel on the back, the center of gravity is higher on this RC so driving fast on pavement and doing a sharp turn will roll the RC.
I got this RC from Lightake for an independent review. You can find out more about this RC clicking here
Here's my video I posted. Feel free to leave comments here on in the video on youtube.
WLTOYS 12428 Waterproof Desert Buggy Unboxing and Running! (RC Courtesy of Lightake) EP#318 (20 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply