Jun 23, 2019, 11:19 PM
Man...I should've been following this thread sooner and looked harder at the conversion jets when at the Jet Jam (although my airboss duties kept me very busy). I did get to see Mike's F-15 fly beautifully several times. Nonetheless, my first conversion attempt was sitting in my trailer all weekend (I took delivery while at the Jam)...a used turbine Xtreme F-15...my plan is to go with twin 90s

So now I'm gonna keep a closer eye for these build threads to learn from all of you that have been successful with your conversions.

Thanks for posting.

Sean
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2019, 07:06 AM
Hope you plan to head to E Jets in Sept Sean! Jet Jam was a lot of fun, and you and Sam did a great job, now you need to focus on hanging out, BS'ing, and doing some flying

I stuck a few F-15 build pictures posts in another thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...version/page47
Jun 24, 2019, 08:26 AM
Any videos of the F-15 from the JetJam?
Jim
Jun 24, 2019, 11:18 AM
There is one floating around, but there are a couple in the thread I linked
Jun 24, 2019, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ragtop
Hope you plan to head to E Jets in Sept Sean! Jet Jam was a lot of fun, and you and Sam did a great job, now you need to focus on hanging out, BS'ing, and doing some flying

I stuck a few F-15 build pictures posts in another thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...version/page47
Thanks for the compliment! I really enjoy every bit of the Jet Jam and working as airboss is half the fun.

Unfortunately, I already committed to attending the Greater SW Jet Rally in Waco, TX, the same weekend as eJets. Plus, I'll be picking up another potential turbine to EDF conversion candidate there. I definitely need to get to eJets sooner than later though.

Thanks for the link to the other thread. The ducting you made for your F-15 is truly a work of art.

I greatly appreciate everyone posting their builds...I'm learning a lot.

Sean
Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Jun 24, 2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Jun 26, 2019, 10:26 AM
Will build for food!!!
Thread OP

Some work done and new items ordered

So I've been working on the tail surfaces and mounts lately. Have the carbon fiber to make the fuse former mounts for the control mechanisms cut out and working on getting them Hysol epoxied in once my new order is here of Hysol. Also ordered two new servos for the large horizontal stabs for control. Two Hitec HSB-9380TH Ultra Torque servos should be good enough I think.
Jul 11, 2019, 10:54 AM
Will build for food!!!
Thread OP
Well got my tail servos yesterday. Very nice units. Spent last night using Citris Strip on the two halves of the existing thrust duct to remove the paint that was sprayed inside the duct pieces. Going to use the two halves by removing the excess duct material to get the in put and out put diameters to the correct sizes and then rejoin them with fiberglass tape and resin.

Quick Reply