Mars Parachutes - FlySafe Drone Parachutes

Mars Parachutes offer safety systems for drones using parachutes that can deploy in an emergency event. A parachute will slow the fall of your drone to a safe speed that protects people and property on the ground as well to help prevent damage to the drone itself during the landing...

Splash

Peace of Mind when flying your drone

Recently a drone pilot was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined after crashing his drone into a building and hitting a woman knocking her unconscious. Now while that pilot should not have been flying near or over people, the fact is that no drone system is 100% reliable and there is always a risk of an electronic or mechanical failure or even pilot error that could cause your drone to come crashing down. Mars Parachutes offer safety systems for drones using parachutes that can deploy in an emergency event. The parachute will slow the fall of your drone to a safe speed that protects people and property on the ground and also helps prevent damage to the drone itself during the landing. It's not the fall that causes damage, but the sudden stop at the end, and that's where a Mars Parachute can make all the difference.

Mars Parachutes backs their products with a 1 year warranty that covers defects and they also offer spare parts if needed. They have parachutes that will work with nearly any drone and even fixed wing airplanes. There are currently versions for the DJI Phantom 1-3 series, DJI Inspire 1, 3DR Solo and custom solutions too. Phantom 4 parachutes are currently under development and should be available soon.

The parachutes can be deployed either manually with a switch on your transmitter or by utilizing the "Mayday" auto deployment system which automatically deploys the parachute when it detects an issue with the flight. The parachutes can be repacked easily so you can use it over and over again. The chutes use a spring compression system for deployment so no explosives are used which means you can safely travel with your drone worry free.

Check out the Mars Parachute Line Here

Specifications

Mars Mini Parachute

• Weight: 3.5 oz.
  • Chute Size: 36"
  • Max Drone Weight: 4lbs.
  • Suggested Drones: DJI Phantom 1,2,3 / 3DR Solo

Mars 58 Parachute

• Weight: 10.2 oz.
  • Chute Size: 58"
  • Max Drone Weight: 10lbs.
  • Suggested Drones: DJI Inspire 1 / 3DR Solo

Mars 120 Parachute

• Weight: 31 oz.
  • Chute Size: 120"
  • Max Drone Weight: 25lbs.
  • Suggested Drones: Custom Large Drone

Mar 03, 2017, 09:36 AM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
While this is certainly something we can all benefit from, many of the larger model prices will keep this system out of reach for most of us.

I don't have $1500.00 invested in as many as 3 of my current models. I fail to see how this system can be worth that kind of money. I don't fly around buildings or people, so for me at least- this would serve only to save my model. I assume when weighed against fines, this can be cost effective for commercial use- but it's just too expensive for the average hobbyist.
Mar 04, 2017, 12:11 PM
I'd have to agree , this is w aaa y over my boot tops.
Mar 04, 2017, 01:22 PM
The guy referenced in the following article may have had a similar opinion. If so I'm willing to bet he has a different one now.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/27/14...0-days-seattle
Mar 04, 2017, 03:13 PM
Again, I don't fly anywhere that I can hit anyone in a crash. If I were someone who took that risk on a regular basis, $1500.00 is cheaper than a fine or legal fees.

Until a cheaper option is available, I'll just stick to open fields. No crowds or buildings for me.
Mar 04, 2017, 09:36 PM
DesertEagle
hmm have one esc or motor go out and see what this does.. if anything it'll break up the monotony white color of the phantom with a splash of orange.. while it's falling to earth
Mar 04, 2017, 11:03 PM
At least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mar 04, 2017, 11:32 PM
Have fun
Wow 100% cynicism both ways. I'm starting an aerial photography business and i would definitly like to invest in a parachute, but 31 ozs? My drone pulls enough amps as it is!
Perfection will always be an endless journey.
Mar 05, 2017, 12:45 AM
$740 for the Inspire kit... come on now.

Okay what's the real price?
Mar 05, 2017, 02:24 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
I'd like to know how it is triggered.... I mean specifically - if you want to deploy manually how do you do that on a DJI setup when you have not spare channels to tap into... and if automatically, what is the threshold or sensors that determine a "Mayday" situation?

The promo video kinda sucked and is just all flashy video that shows nothing informative.
Mar 05, 2017, 12:16 PM

Ridiculously overpriced

Ridiculously overpriced
Mar 05, 2017, 09:47 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M - RC
Ridiculously overpriced
For hobbyist, yes, for commercial work, maybe not
Mar 06, 2017, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
While this is certainly something we can all benefit from, many of the larger model prices will keep this system out of reach for most of us.

I don't have $1500.00 invested in as many as 3 of my current models. I fail to see how this system can be worth that kind of money. I don't fly around buildings or people, so for me at least- this would serve only to save my model. I assume when weighed against fines, this can be cost effective for commercial use- but it's just too expensive for the average hobbyist.
Hi Guys I just wanted to make sure you all Knew the starting prices are at $99.00 the $1500 parachute system is for 25 pound payloads. we try very hard to offer both the Ejection Parachute systems and the drop system (Economy version) for each model drone we sell parachutes for. We are always trying to find cheaper ways to make the parachute systems while being made in the USA and most importantly keep our systems light as possible so it does not affect flying times. I will take your comments to my Team and see what we need to do thanks for the comments.
Mar 06, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica
$740 for the Inspire kit... come on now.

Okay what's the real price?
all of the inspire parachutes are listed in the link below. We have the ejection Complete system with the Mayday Board (Auto Trigger device) for $638 we also have the drop system for $329.00 you can also buy without the Mayday Board (auto Triggering device) and manually trigger the parachute using an extra channel this is cheaper if you already have an extra channel or an extra radio system (note most DJI do not have an extra channel on the stock radio since the Phantom 2)

http://www.marsparachutes.com/product-category/inspire/
Mar 06, 2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Hi Guys I just wanted to make sure you all Knew the starting prices are at $99.00 the $1500 parachute system is for 25 pound payloads. we try very hard to offer both the Ejection Parachute systems and the drop system (Economy version) for each model drone we sell parachutes for. We are always trying to find cheaper ways to make the parachute systems while being made in the USA and most importantly keep our systems light as possible so it does not affect flying times. I will take your comments to my Team and see what we need to do thanks for the comments.
Thank you for hopping in here to discuss this. As you can tell- the idea of a recovery system is certainly something we are all interested in. As you can also tell, some of us (me) don't have the kind of disposable income that justifies this expense. Please don't take the comments in any negative way- as I am sure it is just our disappointment that this system is out of most of our reach from a financial standpoint.

That being said, most of the manufacturers that we buy from have accomplished some very capable systems for flight (stabilization, on-screen-displays, video and control channel hopping, etc...), and they have done so at very reasonable prices- even the higher end models are cheap by comparison to both the functionality and capability of your system. The stabilization and recovery systems out there will actually fly our models back to us, with no input from us- and most for under $250.00...

My point- Even $329 for a "dumb" system that requires me to activate a parachute is just way above reason for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Chinese manufacturing, but I think I could fabricate 10 similar systems on my own for that kind of money.

Nonetheless, you have my attention. Now I hope you can quickly recover your R&D costs and come down to my budget level. I look forward to these becoming cheaper in the future.

Quick Reply