RadioSailing and RG65 class - Page 9 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2017, 01:59 PM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmstro
Basically some closed-forum discussion between RadioSailing an a handful of invited people from the RG65 class around the world (Fredo included), about the RadioSailing proposed rules - nothing about what organization should manage them.
That does seem rather strange. I would have thought that the legitimacy of the IRSA's involvement in something that must be the exclusive competence of the RG65 ICA should have been discussed first. If Fredo is involved, perhaps my doubts are misplaced, but having heard of some of the machinations of the IRSA ...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2017, 02:16 PM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
That does seem rather strange. I would have thought that the legitimacy of the IRSA's involvement in something that must be the exclusive competence of the RG65 ICA should have been discussed first. If Fredo is involved, perhaps my doubts are misplaced, but having heard of some of the machinations of the IRSA ...
My opinion, too. Fredo is participating, though not too actively - seem to me that he wants to see what the end result will be in terms of rules, and then propose the changes to the RG65 community. Also, Graham Bantock is clearly talking about IRSA RG65 and ICA RG65 as separate classes, one being under the umbrella of the other...

PD: I am observer, so have access to read the discussion - but must wait for it to end and then we will all know how RadioSailing and RG65 ICA will move forward ... hopefully together!

Also, the discussion seems to be on very specific technical details about boat conforming or not to the rules - much talk about restricting type of sails (no wings) , fins (no holes, max length), rudders (not articulated), rigs, etc... nothing of which is on current rules... I really don't get it why the discussion has gone in that direction...
Aug 12, 2017, 05:20 PM
Just to make the person proposing "look" important.

I still feel that if you don't own, or sail the boat/class you have no input. Keep in mind, Bantock is a builder, first and foremost! Where are the other builders from around the world to offer their views and proposals?