Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 20, 2017, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmstro
Today I got an invitation from IRSA to be Observer to the "RG65 Rules Working Party". Good that I am being invited! Odd that the process starts assuming rules are the problem.

Mmmm.
From the point of view of IRSA, that's not a bug, it's a feature. The idea is to preclude any discussion of the legitimacy of the overall process -- which, of course, has none.

Cheers,

Earl
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks Earl.

Apologies for tardy response to your email questions. Been DEEPLY involved in setting up an electric train layout for youngest grandson. I think I could enjoy that hobby as well. No one looking to take over an owner's program. Lol
Mar 20, 2017, 10:56 PM
It's my understanding that IRSA has previously invited a number of well known rc sailors and designers to be observers or a part of the IRSA RG65 process. They have all chosen not to take part and get sucked down this rabbit hole. If you are just getting an invite now you were likely not their first choice.
Mar 21, 2017, 03:59 AM
Useful Idiot
Tarmstro, I haven't seen many comments here from the Argentinian or the Brazilian sailors. I gather fom what little I've seen on facebook, they too are generally against the IRSA proposal. What have you heard?
Mar 21, 2017, 04:56 AM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
Tarmstro, I haven't seen many comments here from the Argentinian or the Brazilian sailors. I gather fom what little I've seen on facebook, they too are generally against the IRSA proposal. What have you heard?
Exactly that - there was a vote leaded by RG65 ICA, asking all NCAs for opinion around April-May 2016. Result was against having IRSA manage RG65 rules.
Mar 21, 2017, 08:47 AM
Hi RG65 sailors around the world,

I would like to share our voice from a native sailing country with a small but passionate RG65 fleet.
Why don’t we give a chance to all parties to work in one common group and discuss for the future and development of our beloved class…???
I believe that this has started to happen because some passionate and mostly young people think about the continuity and existence of the class.

So my personal opinion is to let that discussion to happen and all together try our best for the perfection of the class…

Friendly regards

Vangelis Simonidis
Hellenic RG65 Class Association President

Athens - Greece
Mar 21, 2017, 08:51 AM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmstro
Exactly that - there was a vote leaded by RG65 ICA, asking all NCAs for opinion around April-May 2016. Result was against having IRSA manage RG65 rules.
If their past record is anything to go by, I suppose that'll mean, "in view of the overwhelming support received (from Gert somebody in Germany), we feel that we have a mandate to continue. and we herby deny the authority of the RG65 ICA."
Mar 21, 2017, 09:08 AM
Useful Idiot
Hi Vangelis. First of all, I have nothing to do with the RG65 class or the IRSA. I was just involved with getting the class better known in the English-speaking world, It seems to me that the ICA of the RG65 class has achieved enormous growth and success without having to have the IRSA involved. But the IRSA has seen fit to blackmail the RG65 class into accepting their authority,
Had it been done more transparently and openly, things may have been different, But that concept is apparently beyond the gang of two's comprehension. Transparency and openness are apparently just nice-sounding words to use in an election manifesto and not ideas to be used in real life.
If someone stabs you in the back, maybe he's not the person with whom to discuss medical treatment to cure the wound.
Mar 23, 2017, 04:40 PM
Here is my response to the invitation to join the “Working Party” as an observer:

“I am in receipt of your material. Be advised that I accept access to these proceedings on the following condition: IRSA is not to publicly state, directly or by implication, that my observation of these proceedings implies that I accept the legitimacy of IRSA use of the RG65 name, class symbol, and associated intellectual property and goodwill, or the legitimacy of these proceedings, either as an individual or as a member of the governing board of the USA RG65 National Class Authority. Please acknowledge this message.”

IRSA informed me that there was no “insuation nor implication” of acceptance by Delegates and Observers and that the forum was established to “assist the racing community.”

My response to that was:

“So long as you understand my position I will be happy to continue as an observer, if for no other reason than to discover why the racing community needs assistance and what form that assistance is to take.”

Cheers,

Earl
Mar 23, 2017, 06:58 PM
Nice !!!
Mar 23, 2017, 07:25 PM

Irsa

Way to go Earl!
Mar 24, 2017, 08:02 AM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Boebert
Here is my response to the invitation to join the “Working Party” as an observer:

“I am in receipt of your material. Be advised that I accept access to these proceedings on the following condition: IRSA is not to publicly state, directly or by implication, that my observation of these proceedings implies that I accept the legitimacy of IRSA use of the RG65 name, class symbol, and associated intellectual property and goodwill, or the legitimacy of these proceedings, either as an individual or as a member of the governing board of the USA RG65 National Class Authority. Please acknowledge this message.”

IRSA informed me that there was no “insuation nor implication” of acceptance by Delegates and Observers and that the forum was established to “assist the racing community.”

My response to that was:

“So long as you understand my position I will be happy to continue as an observer, if for no other reason than to discover why the racing community needs assistance and what form that assistance is to take.”

Cheers,

Earl
Same lines as my own response...
Mar 24, 2017, 08:11 AM
Useful Idiot
I jst hope your observer status doesn't stop you participating in the meetings.