Feb 27, 2017, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Question

Sagitta XC Build Manual

Hi , new to the forum , hope this gets to the correct slot.
Thanks ,
Thank you to a member , I have the build manual now . All set
Last edited by Robert400e; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: I had my request answr
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2017, 08:50 AM

Just how bad do you want the page bottoms?

So, my office skills were inadequate and I cut off most of the page bottoms in my not so handy Epson printer/scanner. To rectify that I copied all pagers making sure each page was properly centered top to bottom. Then took the 12 pages and fed them into the scanner and created a nice pdf to post up. (No good deed goes unpunished.) Tried to load the PDF only to find that RCG won't accept a 7.88 meg document! If you really want it, feel free to send me your email address and I'll send it to you as an email attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience .....

Cubnuts
Aug 24, 2017, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubnuts
So, my office skills were inadequate and I cut off most of the page bottoms in my not so handy Epson printer/scanner. To rectify that I copied all pagers making sure each page was properly centered top to bottom. Then took the 12 pages and fed them into the scanner and created a nice pdf to post up. (No good deed goes unpunished.) Tried to load the PDF only to find that RCG won't accept a 7.88 meg document! If you really want it, feel free to send me your email address and I'll send it to you as an email attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience .....

Cubnuts
Please send the PDF to

Skybench@comcast.net

Thank you very much
Ray
Woodys Forever
Aug 24, 2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:

Cubnuts
PM has been sent. Thank you.
Aug 25, 2017, 07:30 AM

XC glass fuse?

So, looks like there are quite a few people interested in the old XC's? Question then becomes, "does anyone have or know where to get a glass fuse for one?" About 10 years ago a member of the Portland Area Soaring Society had one, and brought it to an aerotow event at the Holeen farm in Salem to show off? My mistake was to not "club him in the head" and take the fuse right then and there no matter what the cost but ..... was way to civil and have not lost track of him and his fuse.

Anyone know where to get one these days?

Cubnuts
Aug 25, 2017, 07:31 AM
Alienmenacet, did i get you your copy ok?
Aug 25, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:
If you really want it, feel free to send me your email address and I'll send it to you as an email attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience .....

Cubnuts
Hi Cubnuts,

I would also really appreciate having the Sagitta XC Construction manual in PDF format. To this end I have sent you a private message containing my e-mail address.

Many thanks for your kind offer!
Aug 25, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Alienmenacet, did i get you your copy ok?
Yes I did, thank you. Came out great!
Aug 26, 2017, 10:13 PM
Quote:
(Snip)... If you really want it, feel free to send me your email address and I'll send it to you as an email attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience ..... Cubnuts
PM Sent

Regards,
Tim Engel
Aug 29, 2017, 07:16 AM
Glass fuse from Bob Sealy. It's a 6" longer boom without the mass balance. Quality Fibreglass is his business name. Ask for extra carbon!!
Right hand side are XC sagitta, there's a 900 and 600 in the pic too. Plus a Constellation from Bob too. That's another big bird..
Aug 30, 2017, 07:16 AM
Of course those are all exquisite fuses! So very tempting but, my sources all say, "Bob Sealy is completely AWOL!" As thought he was a CIA agent, completely disappeared.

Are you offering to sell the XC fuse or just teasing me?

Cubnuts
Aug 30, 2017, 01:28 PM
Given that I have kits to suit each fuse, and they are here in Australia, and you now say they can't be replaced.....

I used to email Bob given the time difference and the cost of international calls. I can't find his email sorry but if you search quality Fibreglass it comes up with a phone number. It's worth a call. As I recall, he's not a great communicator, and can take several weeks to manufacture each item, but always filled my orders. It may be faster from a call.

You could put a wanted to buy advert up. I'm sure there are people with them. Cost wise, I think $120 plus freight. The XC is a two piece fuse, nice join behind the wing.

Best of luck.
Aug 30, 2017, 05:14 PM
Bob Sealy: qualityfiberglass@frontier.com
Aug 30, 2017, 06:16 PM
Thanks Randy

Your old Super Ava Pro is still going strong mate!!

Regards
Ian

Quick Reply