Apr 11, 2017, 01:46 PM
Ordered one last night.

I'm using a six channel transmitter so the dive brake isn't going to be connected. I'm not really sure when I'd use it. Is there any benefit to connecting it to the flaps with a y-cable?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2017, 05:49 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcotton
Ordered one last night.

I'm using a six channel transmitter so the dive brake isn't going to be connected. I'm not really sure when I'd use it. Is there any benefit to connecting it to the flaps with a y-cable?
That's what I did on one of the protos Stuart sent me. I only had a 6ch rx on hand. worked fine...adds a bit more drag, but nothing a little more throttle cannot overcome!
Apr 12, 2017, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950
got mine today fedex seems to be in perfect shape
Got mine today as well... looks great but I didn't get a manual. Does HK not print manuals anymore... I really like the printed rather than the digital
Apr 12, 2017, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskalski
Looked at the spare parts for the v1 and there are v2 parts listed there... canopy and main gear plus the others that were listed under the v2 parts. Props too.

Edit...
Looked again and all the spare parts are v2 but listed under the wrong plane listing.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/duraflyt...h-40a-esc.html

click the spare parts tab below and there's all the stuff
Looked on link but no parts tab...?
So is the lower wing compatible with v1 Trojan? Not a big fan of yellow . I like the red and white much better but would like the new features.
Last edited by FlyGuy3345; Apr 12, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
Apr 12, 2017, 08:56 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy3345
So is the lower wing compatible with v1 Trojan? Not a big fan of yellow . I like the red and white much better but would like the new features.
The tab where the red circle is on the screenshot below.

LURCH
Apr 12, 2017, 09:26 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy3345
you can get a complete list under the durafly main heading for planes and parts:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalog/...-parts/id/7037
Apr 12, 2017, 09:41 AM
Ok found it. Took me some looking as I am using the mobile app. Still don't see the v1 prop adapter and prop. Im assuming that when I finally break my last prop I will need to upgrade to this style setup to use new prop. Is the v1 prop a 10x7? This new one is a 10x6. Different power system?
Apr 12, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daletbet
Got mine today as well... looks great but I didn't get a manual. Does HK not print manuals anymore... I really like the printed rather than the digital
I think this is a great model (like the quality, the looks and features) only let down by the manual. Mine arrived with no manual either (giving credit to HK for responding literally within an hour with a digital one, good service ) and the quality of digital IMHO is not on par with what I think was invested in this model. How difficult would be to show on the CG figure (not the one beneath the throws, the look-from-above one) that CG is to be measured from LE not from where the red lines suggest?

Besides, the accessory bag has some sort of paper strip. (waxed or decal paper of sorts, even shown in the manual). Anyone knows what it is for?
Apr 13, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101
I think this is a great model (like the quality, the looks and features) only let down by the manual. Mine arrived with no manual either (giving credit to HK for responding literally within an hour with a digital one, good service ) and the quality of digital IMHO is not on par with what I think was invested in this model. How difficult would be to show on the CG figure (not the one beneath the throws, the look-from-above one) that CG is to be measured from LE not from where the red lines suggest?

Besides, the accessory bag has some sort of paper strip. (waxed or decal paper of sorts, even shown in the manual). Anyone knows what it is for?
I was wondering the same about that strip of paper i hit a few snags with assembly and had to look at the build video... I agree the manual is very lacking. The Tundra one was excellent. Did you have issues with the CG.. I haven't flown yet but I cant seem to get it perfect. Anyone maidened it yet? Otherwise im stoked
Apr 13, 2017, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Did you have issues with the CG.. I haven't flown yet but I cant seem to get it perfect. Anyone maidened it yet? Otherwise im stoked
Flew it with a 2200 4S all the way forward and it was good to go like that.

Rob
HK PS NY
Apr 13, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
I was wondering the same about that strip of paper i hit a few snags with assembly and had to look at the build video... I agree the manual is very lacking. The Tundra one was excellent. Did you have issues with the CG.. I haven't flown yet but I cant seem to get it perfect. Anyone maidened it yet? Otherwise im stoked
Can you post a link to the build video? I haven't assembled mine yet, waiting for the RX to arrive.

So have you figured out what is this paper for?

Thanks.
Apr 14, 2017, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101
Can you post a link to the build video? I haven't assembled mine yet, waiting for the RX to arrive.

So have you figured out what is this paper for?

Thanks.
Durafly T-28 Trojan V2 - Product Profile - HobbyKing Live (18 min 13 sec)
Starts at 7:40
No idea what the paper is for, maybe Rob can tell us?
Apr 14, 2017, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
Flew it with a 2200 4S all the way forward and it was good to go like that.

Rob
HK PS NY
Thanks that's how I set it up so should be ok. Its as forward as it will go I think.
Apr 14, 2017, 12:40 AM
Quote:
https://youtu.be/T0t2urr2MRk Starts at 7:40
No idea what the paper is for, maybe Rob can tell us?
Thanks!
Apr 14, 2017, 05:32 AM
Ok so did a quick maiden today, unfortunately it was very windy. I didn't quite get the CG right.. still need to move the battery forward under the ESC and into the cowl. So I was pretty lucky to do some laps and bring her down safely Its extremely powerful with 4s (my first 4s) and coming from the Tundra very agile and nimble! I tested the sound card from my Texan, sounds good given that both are 9 cylindar radials.. but the motor itself is quite loud and makes a nice noise. Will try for calmer weather tomorrow
https://www.facebook.com/david.bello...4684004321871/
Last edited by Daletbet; Apr 14, 2017 at 05:41 AM.

Quick Reply