MSH Protos Max V2 Leggero Performance Helicopter

MSH is well known for the high quality RC models they have released in the past several years. The newest major release from MSH was the Protos MAX V2, and it has been a popular one to the industry...

Splash

A lighter version of the popular Protos v2 is about to hit the market called the Leggero.

MSH is well known for the high quality RC models they have released in the past several years. The newest major release from MSH was the Protos MAX V2, and it has been a popular one to the industry. Now they have a new version of the V2 called the Leggero, and it's just as robust as any 700-800 class helicopter with the addition of some critical upgrades right out of the box that makes it lighter than any other in this size.

Some of the changes that helped with the weight reduction are features like the whole bottom frame is upgraded and lightened up, as well as the battery tray, main gear, front tail pulley and lots of other parts that have been made out of a lighter material. The goal was to get the helicopters as light as possible without compromising strength or structural integrity. The Leggero has shaved off a whopping 350g from the MAX V2 frame and that helps bring the overall weight to around 12lbs (5.45kg). The new kit will be available around the 16th of March.

For more information on the new Leggero click here.

Features:

• Updated super lightweight bottom frame. (Weight reduction)
  • "Gorilla" landing gear included. (Weight reduction)
  • Battery tray (Weight reduction)
  • Main gear (Weight reduction)
  • Front tail pulley (Weight reduction)
  • Main shaft (Weight reduction)
  • Aluminum motor pulley (Weight reduction)
  • Canopy mounts with pre-installed grommets (Weight reduction)
  • Innovative gearless twin belt design.
  • Tail belt auto tensioner.
  • Large rear tail pulley.
  • 4.8 ratio and mechanics to handle 115mm tail blades at high RPM.
  • Brain 2 Flybarless System included.

Last edited by ndfly700; Feb 28, 2017 at 07:49 PM..
Mar 04, 2017, 09:46 PM
I love the see through factor on the frame of this heli. Sweet!
Mar 06, 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpekBo View Post
I love the see through factor on the frame of this heli. Sweet!
You mean when flying without lipo?
Mar 07, 2017, 07:01 PM
Diesel powered mallcopter
Perhaps one should consider frenzy600e. Those are flying lipo storage facility.

Btw, thoemse, I think your protos(that was your green Protos, right?) has a see through frame and I don't see a lipo there.

I have it on desktop wallpaper, but cnt look bcuz bashing my ram right now. You probably had lipo stashed up front, correct?
Mar 08, 2017, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
Perhaps one should consider frenzy600e. Those are flying lipo storage facility.

Btw, thoemse, I think your protos(that was your green Protos, right?) has a see through frame and I don't see a lipo there.

I have it on desktop wallpaper, but cnt look bcuz bashing my ram right now. You probably had lipo stashed up front, correct?
Yep the green one is mine. I am honored that it is on your desktop!
It is see through indeed. I has the lipo on a sledge in front like the 450 Pros. I doubt you can do that with a 12 S stickpack though. 2x 5000mah 6S have to go somewhere. If they really fit in front that would be cool though. The Max V2 Leggero looks fantastic especially when you can see through the frame.
Last edited by Thoemse; Mar 09, 2017 at 03:46 PM.
Mar 09, 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
You mean when flying without lipo?
True, it's a shame there are no see threw ones .
Mar 09, 2017, 08:13 PM
Mallcopterist

Who threw what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpekBo View Post
True, it's a shame there are no see threw ones .
Mar 09, 2017, 08:36 PM
Sweet! I see this is a naked heli version for full scale tic-tocs? Imagine blade farts with *that*
Mar 09, 2017, 09:08 PM
Mallcopterist
Yeah, especially if you forgot to take the blade socks off... !
Mar 09, 2017, 09:09 PM
I need those with soft bumpers integrated when I travel
Mar 09, 2017, 09:10 PM
Mallcopterist
You need a car with a split-fold rear seat.
Mar 09, 2017, 09:13 PM
Well I have, but I don't always use it for work
Mar 09, 2017, 09:14 PM
Mallcopterist
How about a roof rack, then?
Mar 09, 2017, 09:23 PM
Roof rack, on a pickup!? If I were that desperate, I'd just throw the heli in the 8ft truck bed behind me
G'night, sir
Mar 13, 2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Yup! That's exactly what I meant .
Nice find, very cool heli!