Thread Tools
Feb 26, 2017, 12:34 AM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

My Top 3 UMXs THAT ARE IN MY COLLECTION NOW are.....


This should be a fun thread for everybody to join in on that has UMX planes. Let's try to make this a sticky

I'll start by throwing mine out there. This took some serious thought......LOL



1. Pitts S1-S

2. Warthog A-10 (minus the weeeeeeeeeeeeak nose cone)

3. Torn between the Cessna 182, Yak 54, or the Beast v.2


This is also based on me not flying the P-51 that's coming in the mail for me or the Waco that I just came in the mail today.........
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2017, 07:25 AM
Registered User
BamaBasher's Avatar
1. Parkzone Ultra Micro Icon A5

Discontinued. It's my daily flyer. Capable of lazy-ing around the sky or sport flying, water or land based. Comfortable in winds up to 12mph or so (based on my experience level). Also can fly almost anywhere.

2. Night Vapor

3 channel, LED's for night flying. Hates wind but great for evenings in the yard at home amusing the neighborhood kids. Flys at walking speed with a 70 mah battery or go for 18-20 minute flight times with a 150mah.

3. Hobby Zone Champ

Probably the best micro for first time flyers. I own two. Flys anywhere and is slow. However it's easy to outgrow once you learn 4 channel flying. Currently teaching my son on one.
Feb 26, 2017, 12:57 PM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
1. UMX Radian - number one by a wide margin. I thermal it, slope it, and just have fun with it.

2. Night Vapor - Just a cool flyer at night when it's calm.

3. UMX T-28 - Yes, it's just 1s, no AS3X but still a sweet flyer when it's calm and fun for slow fly-bys. I'm hoping the new Wilcat UMX will replace it with more capabity.
Feb 26, 2017, 02:53 PM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
Sweet guys. I'll agree with the radian... all good choices. This is gonna be fun
Feb 27, 2017, 09:46 AM
Registered User
BamaBasher's Avatar
I've been thinking about the UMX radian. I'd like to play with gliding, and something else I could fly from the field by the house. My issue is that, with the exception of the Night Vapor, I've grown a bit bored with 3ch models. Still might give her a go though.
Feb 27, 2017, 10:28 AM
Arr pieces of foam me hearties
kwaziithepirate's Avatar
1. Pitts (anywhere, anytime)
2. UMX Habu (my first EDF)
3. Icon (my first float plane)

Kwaz

Special mention: Polecat. Once my go to plane, best of the 1S planes.
Feb 28, 2017, 02:32 AM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBasher
I've been thinking about the UMX radian. I'd like to play with gliding, and something else I could fly from the field by the house. My issue is that, with the exception of the Night Vapor, I've grown a bit bored with 3ch models. Still might give her a go though.
Don't wait on the radian. It's more a skill plane than anything else. I use it to relax and see how high I can get, may seem boring, but soon as you catch a thermal, u will be hooked
Feb 28, 2017, 02:33 AM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBasher
I've been thinking about the UMX radian. I'd like to play with gliding, and something else I could fly from the field by the house. My issue is that, with the exception of the Night Vapor, I've grown a bit bored with 3ch models. Still might give her a go though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBasher
1. Parkzone Ultra Micro Icon A5

Discontinued. It's my daily flyer. Capable of lazy-ing around the sky or sport flying, water or land based. Comfortable in winds up to 12mph or so (based on my experience level). Also can fly almost anywhere.

2. Night Vapor

3 channel, LED's for night flying. Hates wind but great for evenings in the yard at home amusing the neighborhood kids. Flys at walking speed with a 70 mah battery or go for 18-20 minute flight times with a 150mah.

3. Hobby Zone Champ

Probably the best micro for first time flyers. I own two. Flys anywhere and is slow. However it's easy to outgrow once you learn 4 channel flying. Currently teaching my son on one.
Great picks....I jus sold my icon on Sunday. Great cruiser
Mar 01, 2017, 07:46 PM
Way to many airplanes!
UMX Beast V1 (yes, I have the V2, but in my book, the V1 is much better, unless it's really windy)
UMX Extra V1 (Best indoor airplane. AS3X/V2 version gained too much weight)
UMX Radian (Just nice all around, and finding/hunting thermals is simply a great change of pace)
Mar 01, 2017, 09:17 PM
Registered User
BamaBasher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco_Pet
Great picks....I jus sold my icon on Sunday. Great cruiser
I crashed mine on Sunday. :sadface: Ripped a chunk out of wing and some other stuff. It's repairable and will fly again though.
Mar 02, 2017, 03:13 PM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
UMX Beast V1 (yes, I have the V2, but in my book, the V1 is much better, unless it's really windy)
UMX Extra V1 (Best indoor airplane. AS3X/V2 version gained too much weight)
UMX Radian (Just nice all around, and finding/hunting thermals is simply a great change of pace)
Agreed about chasing thermals
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBasher
I crashed mine on Sunday. :sadface: Ripped a chunk out of wing and some other stuff. It's repairable and will fly again though.
Ahhh weakkk, butvya,easily fixable
Mar 03, 2017, 02:50 PM
FPV Lawnmower
Fluxone's Avatar
#1 - J3 Cub (micro scale flier)
#2 - Sport Cub S (light as a feather easy 4 channel flier)
#3 - P3 Revolution (to scare the crap out of me)
Mar 03, 2017, 09:59 PM
Wing Commander of 50+ Aircraft
Area81Racing's Avatar

Post more pics!


My top 3 favorites of the 9 Micro's I own.

1) Parkzone Micro UMX Spitfire - As a Spitfire collector I had to have one, but they were discontinued, so I bought all of component parts and used electronics from the P-51 UMX V2. It flies as on rails.

2) E-flite Carbon Cub SS UMX on Floats. Love playing with the flaps!

3) E-Flite P-51 BL on 2S - What a screamer! Much more structurally solid than any other Micro out there.

I also have these Micro's.
E-Flite B-17 UMX
Parkzone P-51D
EasySky B-17
EasySky P-38
E-Flite J-3 Cub
Apache UMX
Blade Micro MSR
Mar 03, 2017, 10:13 PM
"The bug has bit"
Sco_Pet's Avatar
Thread OP
U guys have some good pics I agree with a lot of them if not all
Mar 04, 2017, 12:23 AM
Registered User
HA,,,,,
UMX Yak 54 in light gusty wind,,,with hover catch (3 min 40 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools