USA F3K -- The journey to L'viv, Ukraine 2017 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 25, 2017, 06:48 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Announce

USA F3K -- The journey to L'viv, Ukraine 2017

Greetings everyone!
Once again the USA is sending a team to the FAI World Championship for Model Gliders, Classification F3K.
Otherwise know as the WC!
This thread will chronicle our progress, and provide communications. We will keep you up to date here and through other outlets.
Hopefully we can pull off a Kyle "Hollywood" Clayton live stream if we can get coverage over there.

I'm encouraging our team pilots, Toby Herrera, Mike Maurer, George Morris, Dillon Graves, Noah Myers, Brayden Chamberlain and Owen Haugh to post here, what they are doing to get ready for the event.

This is also the place I'll be begging, pleading, and whining for you all to help us get there financially.

We're having a raffle, and some other secret projects planned. One of those secret projects will really make you want to you pay attention during the actual contest as you will have a stake in what happens every day.

As to the raffle, it will be up soon, the prizes are rolling in. We already have 4 absolutely current top of the line gliders donated, 3, 1.5 meters, and 1, 1 meter.. One will be a USA paint job plane that will be only 1 of 6 made. There's a good chance we might get one that actually flies in the WC. We also have a new radio donated, perfect for DLG.

We're going to have t-shirts and jerseys for the team as usual, but this year, you won't be able to buy them.

Yep, we're not going to sell the shirts,

we're going to give them away, that and some other stuff, but only if you buy into the raffle.

Like many of you have done in the past, I've donated to the raffle. Did I ever win anything? Nope. But I'm happy to donate to the team.
This year it will be different, everyone who buys into the raffle will get something.

It might be something small like a team sticker, but the only way you'll get one is to buy into the raffle.
In addition, you're in the raffle vying for something from the prize pool.
As you increase your stake in the raffle, more premiums will come your way and the t-shirts and the jerseys will be in that mix. Also if you buy in to a certain level, you get all the premiums below that level too.

One of the premiums will be a no-hassle contest weekend. I'll come to your field, provide the timer, sound system, laptop, printer, setup the matrix, print the scoresheets and do the scoring. You and your mates just show up and fly. ( I'll get myself there, you provide room and board.)

Special this year is the top premium. At the specified level your club will get either Toby Herrera (West Coast) or Dillon Graves (East Coast), at your field for a whole Saturday, daylight till dark, doing clinics, coaching, setting up planes, calling for you, whatever your club wants. Your club just has to provide room and board and the team will get the the USA Team Pilot to your field for a day of private coaching.

Premium levels etc, coming real soon.

So, exciting things happening, Please stay tuned and help us get there.
--mickey
Team Manager
2017 USA F3K

P.S. I'm already contacting vendors, but if I've missed you and you want to donate a prize to the raffle, contact me at teamusaf3k (at) gmail (dot) com
Last edited by mnowell129; Feb 25, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2017, 07:11 PM
A little teaser on the shirts and jerseys.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Feb 25, 2017, 10:26 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Looking forward to the official raffle sales opening.
Not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to see the current amount $$ and remaining amount to meet the goal, as the donations and raffles sales trickle in. Maybe even with the list of $$ donors (names, clubs).

I am proud to announce that one of the three 1.5m donated kits will be a Stream NXT, donated by Stream Team factory. It is not easy for these small manufacturers to donate a kit to some other country's team. So it is very much appreciated. Thank you Stream Team.
Feb 26, 2017, 05:08 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Excellent, let's get out team taken care of!
Feb 27, 2017, 04:45 PM
" At the specified level your club will get either Toby Herrera (West Coast) or Dillon Graves (East Coast), at your field for a whole Saturday, daylight till dark, doing clinics, coaching, setting up planes, calling for you, whatever your club wants. "

This promise leaves a lot for imagination!

Tai
Mar 23, 2017, 02:05 PM

Fundraising is live.

Ok gang our fundraising account is live.
Here is the fundraiser site:
Team USA F3K 2017
Here are the details.

All the thank you gifts will be sent out after the championships, probably in the September time frame.

Everyone who donates at least $10 will get a thank you gift.
But any donation is appreciated. At higher donation levels you will get additional thank you gifts.
Note that the thank you gifts will never be for sale, so if you want one of them, you'll have to help us get to Lviv.

Here is the thank you gift schedule:

$10 -- Team sticker, suitable for your sport tube, or transmitter case.

$70 -- Team T-Shirt, white with full color logos and team sponsors
PLUS a team sticker.
$150 -- Embroidered Team hat with the Team Logo,
PLUS a Team T-Shirt,
PLUS a team sticker.
$300 -- Team Jersey, this will be the same exact jersey that the team will be wear,
PLUS Team Hat
PLUS Team T-shirt
PLUS Team Sticker
$500 -- High Quality "polo" type shirt with Embroidered Team logo, suitable for dressier situations.
PLUS a Team Jersey
PLUS a Team Hat
PLUS a Team T-shirt
PLUS a Team Sticker
$800 -- Team Jacket, embroidered front with the team logo and on the back with the 2017 Ukraine WC Artwork from the Jersey.
PLUS the shirt,
PLUS The Team Jersey
PLUS a Team Hat
PLUS a Team T-shirt
PLUS a Team Sticker

$2000 -- World Championship Coach for the day. One of our team pilots, either Toby or Dillon will come to your field for the day (the team will pay the transportation, you provide room and board). Keep in mind that when this gift is awarded it will be after the WC's and one of these two guys might be World Champion at that point, so you might end up with a day of coaching from a World Champion.
PLUS a jacket
PLUS a shirt,
PLUS a Team Jersey
PLUS a Team Hat
PLUS a Team T-shirt
PLUS a Team Sticker
Note that you need to make sure and put an email in the donation to make sure you receive your thank you gifts.

On top of the the thank you gifts, some donors will be randomly selected for an additional thank you gifts provided by some outside donors.
Every $10 gets you a chance at the special thank you gifts, So yes this is also the raffle, we're just not going to promote the raffle on the youcaring site.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help.

Finally, the bottom line, and an appeal.
Going to the WC's is a great opportunity for these pilots. It's really a privilege to get to go, and a result of a lot of hard work and dedication on their part. But going is going to be costly for everyone, not just the travel expenses. We'll be gone from 17 July to 1 August. Most of the pilots be using vacation time, the parents of the juniors will be taking vacation time, those of us self employed will just lose income. That's just the price of being on a WC team.
And they are going to represent us (USA) against the rest of the world. And hey, didn't we invent this in the first place?

So here is my humble appeal, let's make this easy on these pilots and families that are representing us in Ukraine this summer and at least cover their expenses.
If 100 people donate at the team Jersey level ($300) our fundraising will be done today!

Thanks in advance!

--mickey
2017 Team USA Team Manager
Herrera Morris Maurer Graves Chamberlain Haugh Myers
Last edited by mnowell129; Mar 23, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
Mar 23, 2017, 03:03 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Mickey,
Does the Jersey come with a Team Member Name of Choice ( example has Dillon's) or the buyers name or no no-name?
Is the Hat adjustable to fit large (size 8) fat heads like myself?

Will definitely send in something!

Thx
BP
Mar 23, 2017, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Mickey,
Does the Jersey come with a Team Member Name of Choice ( example has Dillon's) or the buyers name or no no-name?
Is the Hat adjustable to fit large (size 8) fat heads like myself?

Will definitely send in something!

Thx
BP
Still in a little flux. The estimate on the jerseys says any name you want, but give me a few days to confirm.
I'll figure out a hat to fit you!
Mar 23, 2017, 06:22 PM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Mickey, just saw the "youcaring.com" link shared on Facebook. If we donate through there it's the same as clicking the link in your post, #6, correct?
Mar 23, 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plankaujr
Mickey, just saw the "youcaring.com" link shared on Facebook. If we donate through there it's the same as clicking the link in your post, #6, correct?
Yes.
And just to make sure that everyone is clear, every $10 donated is a chance at some other "gifts" including the stream NXT pictured above.
There wont be a separate raffle.
Mar 23, 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Yes.
And just to make sure that everyone is clear, every $10 donated is a chance at some other "gifts" including the stream NXT pictured above.
There wont be a separate raffle.
That's amazing! I really like how you're changing it up this cycle as far as fundraising goes. The past team managers have done extremely well at what must be a really tough, and thankless, job, but it's always good to see things evolve. Thanks, Mickey, for stepping up to take this on.
Mar 23, 2017, 07:10 PM
Mike M.
Thanks, Mickey!

Now everyone please support us by donating. If you love F3K, and want to help it grow; then this is a great way to do it.

Not only are you helping the team with travel expenses to Lviv, you are also getting a lot in return. More than I've ever seen in a fund raising effort like this! The thank you gifts for every donor (team stickers, shirts, hats, jerseys, jackets), PLUS proportional chances at all the other awesome raffle items donated by our corporate sponsors (DLG's, radio gear, and much more). The list will be published shortly. My own employer just donated a product worth $600. Individual raffle tickets will not be sold in the traditional sense like in past years. Your only shot at any of these sponsor items is to donate at one of the levels mentioned in post #6 above. The higher the donation, the better your chances.

Thanks for your support!

Mike
Mar 24, 2017, 04:07 PM
Just saw the awesome planes being made by Stream! Here they are!
--Brayden Chamberlain
Last edited by F3K Bray; Mar 24, 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Mar 24, 2017, 07:04 PM
Yes. One of these is in the raffle.
Mar 24, 2017, 08:56 PM
WOW!