Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 03, 2017, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Just FYI, I have placed 2 orders directly with geprc.com, received both in 4 days. I'm in Louisiana.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2017, 01:31 AM
Registered User
serval FPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
um, you dont want to order direct?

http://geprc.com/

placed my 2nd order for a 4" and 5" leopard monday, got a dhl tracking number monday as well. I should have them early next week, maybe this week.

Received my 1st order from them in like 5 days, I was VERY surprised.

I avoid Banggood like the plague, their customer service is pitiful.
Nitbeat won't post the direct link as he can't post an affiliate link for his $$ :/
Apr 04, 2017, 01:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
32mm ?!?! link please ?
what is that ?
Ah sorry, I mean 15mm.
Apr 04, 2017, 10:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by serval FPV
Nitbeat won't post the direct link as he can't post an affiliate link for his $$ :/
I find it ironic that someone pushing a clone as "innovative" is now losing out when people bypass them to use the direct link to the frame.

geprc.com

However, instead of going to geprc.com, I bought mine from Dquad. I like to respect intellectual property of the designer.

It's kind of sad that so many people on here are cool with cheating the people that designed this.
Apr 04, 2017, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thengine
I find it ironic that someone pushing a clone as "innovative" is now losing out when people bypass them to use the direct link to the frame.

geprc.com

However, instead of going to geprc.com, I bought mine from Dquad. I like to respect intellectual property of the designer.

It's kind of sad that so many people on here are cool with cheating the people that designed this.
I didnt realize thats what was going on here.

I hear you and appreciate the respect for Dquad. While I do see the similarities, I truly feel this is an upgrade over the Dquad.

Improvements I see:
1. The fit and finish on the Leopard is much nicer.
2. The way the pod bolts to the frame better, no silly difficult nut to place.
3. The aluminum bottom plate. A. Battery strap is easily replaceable. B. The sticky silicone battery pad is very nice. C. Carbon Fiber battery plate with landing gear is nice.
4. The fact that the VTX mount sits flush in the aluminum, so do the camera mount side plates.
5. There are 12 screws holding the arms on rather than just 8 on the dquad.
6. Fantastic chamfering of arms.
7. Hard to find camera strap included
8. Rubber grommet for VTX Antenna included(not a big deal, but...)

The one thing that the Dquad has over the Leopard is stretched X option, other than that its inferior in every way IMO.

I guess I need to stop posting in this thread, didnt realize I was helping someone make money and I really dont like Banggood. (still order from them, seems impossible not to in this hobby)
Apr 06, 2017, 10:33 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
I didnt realize thats what was going on here.

I hear you and appreciate the respect for Dquad. While I do see the similarities, I truly feel this is an upgrade over the Dquad.

Improvements I see:
1. The fit and finish on the Leopard is much nicer.
2. The way the pod bolts to the frame better, no silly difficult nut to place.
3. The aluminum bottom plate. A. Battery strap is easily replaceable. B. The sticky silicone battery pad is very nice. C. Carbon Fiber battery plate with landing gear is nice.
4. The fact that the VTX mount sits flush in the aluminum, so do the camera mount side plates.
5. There are 12 screws holding the arms on rather than just 8 on the dquad.
6. Fantastic chamfering of arms.
7. Hard to find camera strap included
8. Rubber grommet for VTX Antenna included(not a big deal, but...)

The one thing that the Dquad has over the Leopard is stretched X option, other than that its inferior in every way IMO.

I guess I need to stop posting in this thread, didnt realize I was helping someone make money and I really dont like Banggood. (still order from them, seems impossible not to in this hobby)

Thanks for the info, I added geprc.com as well to the main post, you all right
I think that every frame is an inspiration of former ones, no doubt dqaud made a leap but you can say it was inspired by the
diatone which was the first to present that kind of a style !
Apr 07, 2017, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
Thanks for the info, I added geprc.com as well to the main post, you all right
I think that every frame is an inspiration of former ones, no doubt dqaud made a leap but you can say it was inspired by the
diatone which was the first to present that kind of a style !
LOL! This is a direct ripoff and while it adds some nice things (bottom plate for battery strap), the lack of lock nuts holding the aluminum on is a big fail and i would not buy it over the dquad for that reason.

It's one thing to take inspiration from a frame design, but this is not even a subtle clone. I'm sure if geprc wasn't so cheap, they would simply buy a dquad and copy it exactly.
Apr 07, 2017, 02:50 PM
Registered User
When you stripped out that aluminum and you will, you will be wishing you had that silly nut. The aluminum needs to be torqued tight or the whole frame will fail, can't see putting that much torque on those soft aluminum threads, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
I didnt realize thats what was going on here.

I hear you and appreciate the respect for Dquad. While I do see the similarities, I truly feel this is an upgrade over the Dquad.

Improvements I see:
1. The fit and finish on the Leopard is much nicer.
2. The way the pod bolts to the frame better, no silly difficult nut to place.
3. The aluminum bottom plate. A. Battery strap is easily replaceable. B. The sticky silicone battery pad is very nice. C. Carbon Fiber battery plate with landing gear is nice.
4. The fact that the VTX mount sits flush in the aluminum, so do the camera mount side plates.
5. There are 12 screws holding the arms on rather than just 8 on the dquad.
6. Fantastic chamfering of arms.
7. Hard to find camera strap included
8. Rubber grommet for VTX Antenna included(not a big deal, but...)

The one thing that the Dquad has over the Leopard is stretched X option, other than that its inferior in every way IMO.

I guess I need to stop posting in this thread, didnt realize I was helping someone make money and I really dont like Banggood. (still order from them, seems impossible not to in this hobby)
Apr 13, 2017, 05:09 PM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
We have a dealer in my country so a few FPV pilots are already building and flying this frame.

1) It looks amazing
2) it's pretty heavy for my taste - although for beginners it doesn't really matters.
3) The build itself is convenient from what I heard.
Apr 14, 2017, 03:09 PM
Registered User
Interesting. Seemed like it would be light but I guess not. I almost finished my GEPRC flyfish but I had a problem with the BFF3 AIO board. Waiting for a new FC and PDB right now.
Apr 27, 2017, 05:11 PM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Interesting. Seemed like it would be light but I guess not. I almost finished my GEPRC flyfish but I had a problem with the BFF3 AIO board. Waiting for a new FC and PDB right now.
I guess for an all around FPV racer it will be fun an ok, but more and more are talking about 250 - 270g builds for the best Track performance.
I felt that accuracy when I built and tested the Kraken Worx 255g, just amazing ! and super speedy
Apr 27, 2017, 09:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
I guess for an all around FPV racer it will be fun an ok, but more and more are talking about 250 - 270g builds for the best Track performance.
I felt that accuracy when I built and tested the Kraken Worx 255g, just amazing ! and super speedy
I can imagine. Just need to work out my flying skills first before I build a low weight track quad..
Apr 28, 2017, 06:41 PM
Quad Addict
I just got this frame today, and i am impressed... the quality on the carbon is the nicest i've seen. the design is simply beautiful. Yeah, it's a bit D-quad-ish, but i expect i'll have the same amount of fun with it! I'm using Racerstar 2205's and a Flip F4. Party.
Apr 28, 2017, 10:13 PM
Quad Addict
Slapped it together, minus lock tight! 123.3 grams on my scale assembled. I got my motors today, too. Liking the idea i tried for soft mounting via heat shrink on the end of the arm. after it was set, i cut out the bottom part. looks pretty clean, i like it. Probably going to be electrical tape on the escs/arms as the bottom of the arm is too wide for heat shrink,,,(at least what i have on hand).
Apr 28, 2017, 10:17 PM
Quad Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
When you stripped out that aluminum and you will, you will be wishing you had that silly nut. The aluminum needs to be torqued tight or the whole frame will fail, can't see putting that much torque on those soft aluminum threads, good luck.
the cheap, light aluminum-ish screws will strip out long before that carbon or bracket will break, i think. maybe that was the intention.

Let's see what breaks first, your Dquad or my Leopard


Thread Tools