GEPRC GEP-LX Leopard FPV Racer Thread - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 27, 2017, 07:10 PM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
Did a quick unboxing and assembly video. I love this thing so far. I also have the hawk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkdZGV3yZk&t=681s

EDIT: Video fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
Some pics of the build:
Thanks for sharing guys !!!
Your frames looks amazing, flight video please !! haha
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2017, 04:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
New pictures of the GEP-LX

Looks great even if it's a clone. They used the same chamfered arm design from the Fly Fish that I bought recent which adds a nice finish. Their 3K carbon is extremely strong too. Pretty sure this was carried over to this kit. BTW those LD Power motors look great. I wish more vendors would sell them.
Mar 28, 2017, 05:42 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Looks great even if it's a clone. They used the same chamfered arm design from the Fly Fish that I bought recent which adds a nice finish. Their 3K carbon is extremely strong too. Pretty sure this was carried over to this kit. BTW those LD Power motors look great. I wish more vendors would sell them.
Yeah, LDpower making a comeback, I remember flying their old motors back than in 2015, they were the first cheap 14$ price tag motors...

The bottom plate also looks like the CHIMP model, and I do agree they use a very high quality carbon, I own two GEP QX5 and
I crash them all the time with little damage.

It's not the I'm a bad pilots, when you want to improve crashes are part of the process
Mar 28, 2017, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Is it ever going to be available to order? It's still "coming soon" on banggood, but some people are already building it, so annoying. I want this to be my next build.
Mar 28, 2017, 07:04 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgyozo79
Is it ever going to be available to order? It's still "coming soon" on banggood, but some people are already building it, so annoying. I want this to be my next build.
Yeah, usually the dealers and reviewers get their's first
Mar 28, 2017, 03:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
Yeah, usually the dealers and reviewers get their's first
Sign me up then!
Mar 28, 2017, 03:09 PM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgyozo79
Sign me up then!
I wish I had those powers ha
Mar 28, 2017, 11:37 PM
Registered User
Talisman013's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgyozo79
Is it ever going to be available to order? It's still "coming soon" on banggood, but some people are already building it, so annoying. I want this to be my next build.
um, you dont want to order direct?

http://geprc.com/

placed my 2nd order for a 4" and 5" leopard monday, got a dhl tracking number monday as well. I should have them early next week, maybe this week.

Received my 1st order from them in like 5 days, I was VERY surprised.

I avoid Banggood like the plague, their customer service is pitiful.
Mar 29, 2017, 01:24 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
um, you dont want to order direct?

http://geprc.com/

placed my 2nd order for a 4" and 5" leopard monday, got a dhl tracking number monday as well. I should have them early next week, maybe this week.

Received my 1st order from them in like 5 days, I was VERY surprised.

I avoid Banggood like the plague, their customer service is pitiful.
Sounds awesome, that express option.

I don't agree on banggood costumer service, they agree to refund me for 4 different orders in the last month and a half.
for different reasons...

I buy there often and I mostly happy
Mar 29, 2017, 01:51 AM
Registered User
good job~I like the color.
Mar 29, 2017, 07:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman013
um, you dont want to order direct?

http://geprc.com/

placed my 2nd order for a 4" and 5" leopard monday, got a dhl tracking number monday as well. I should have them early next week, maybe this week.

Received my 1st order from them in like 5 days, I was VERY surprised.

I avoid Banggood like the plague, their customer service is pitiful.
Thanks, i've just ordered one. I'll have a leopard with tiger motors.

I've never had any issues with banggood yet, never needed the CS though.
Mar 29, 2017, 09:48 AM
Registered User
Talisman013's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
Sounds awesome, that express option.

I don't agree on banggood costumer service, they agree to refund me for 4 different orders in the last month and a half.
for different reasons...

I buy there often and I mostly happy
I am having a nightmare of an issue with them, and its the first time I have had to deal with their customer service. Had to file a claim with Paypal.
Mar 29, 2017, 09:55 AM
Registered User
I'm thinking of buying it, I really like it. Do you think this FC would fit nicely? http://www.banggood.com/F3-V4-Flight...m-viewalsoview
Mar 29, 2017, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Talisman013's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnfada
I'm thinking of buying it, I really like it. Do you think this FC would fit nicely? http://www.banggood.com/F3-V4-Flight...m-viewalsoview
Absolutely, but.... I have built a quad with that FC, came out ultra clean, but there is video noise. Too much current flowing around the vtx. I added the 1000 low esr cap, it got better, but still there. its NOT terrible, and after 30 seconds of flying you get completely used to it.

Funny enough, this is the trouble im having with banggood, I ordered 2 of these on the same order, one arrived DOA, when I plug it in, I get a message from Mac and Windows OS stating that I overloaded my usb port, I immediately unplugged and messaged them. They want me to plug it back and for a video, I told them there is no way im plugging it back in to my $1300 macbook air or $1000 Surface pro, I sent pictures, which is what they first asked for, then they came back and asked for a video. We were in a stalemate....

link to the build with that FC:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...X-Clone/page38
Mar 29, 2017, 10:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
Sounds awesome, that express option.

I don't agree on banggood costumer service, they agree to refund me for 4 different orders in the last month and a half.
for different reasons...

I buy there often and I mostly happy
Yikes, 4 different orders needed a refund in the last month and a half. That alone scares me. I ordered some stuff from them about two weeks ago, but haven't received it yet. I guess I'll see how they are soon.