Feb 24, 2017, 05:23 PM
Thread OP
Help!

What did I do wrong trying to Power the Naze 32 rev6? Help!

Can't get my Naze 32 rev 6 Board Powered Up.
This is my first build with the Naze 32 rev 6 board. I have Opto ESC's, so I got a switched ESC to get down to the required 5 volts to power the board. When I go to plug in a battery nothing happens. I tried getting it hooked up to clean flight to at least program it in the mean time. I used my DJI Phantom's data cable because it fit in the port, but I don't think it was the right one because when I plugged it into the board, again I got nothing. Usually some lights are supposed to come on right? So it didn't connect to clean flight. I kept getting the not connected after 10 seconds error code. I also have no idea where to find a data cable for the Naze 32.
Any help with any of those problems is helpful. I also posted to RC Groups. Thanks Guys.
Some Pics:
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2017, 10:01 AM
I void warranties
Hi Dante, do you have a DMM (multimeter) with continuity test mode (where it beeps when the probes touch)?

The phantoms USB data cable should be fine. If nothing is wrong ANY USB cable should make the lights come on and any USB data cable should work. Without any lights coming on it sounds like you have a dead short from 5v to ground! A DMM and some probing around will help you locate this...
Mar 03, 2017, 11:03 AM
From your pictures, it appears that Pin 6 where you may be feeding the supply voltage (5dc) to the controller board is reversed, The Red wire should go to the middle, "Black on the bottom, it appears ground is on the signal source" With no ground to supply/bec a no go.

Just looking at the photo's, which are good, but not sure if the pin 6 is going to your 5vdc esc bec or not, it needs to as your other pins appear to have signal and ground only.

Hope you have it fixed by now, but just in case something to review

BobFlyer
Mar 03, 2017, 12:15 PM
its a bit hard to completely see, but are ALL the pins soldered? it kinda looks like only a few are... maybe your 5v pin isnt making contact?

(further review - BobFlyer knows whats up/ looks like you grounded on the signal rail)

ps, Ditch the pins! cut out some weight and directly solder you esc signal wires to your fc. It will look a lot cleaner and isnt any more difficult to do if you did the pins yourself)

pss, are you using dys 1806 motors? ive got those on my naze rev6 build also if so. they work pretty nicely with 5x4x 3 blade props.
Last edited by LemonC; Mar 03, 2017 at 12:28 PM.
Mar 03, 2017, 12:37 PM
Still tryin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante DAngelo
Can't get my Naze 32 rev 6 Board Powered Up.
This is my first build with the Naze 32 rev 6 board. I have Opto ESC's, so I got a switched ESC to get down to the required 5 volts to power the board. When I go to plug in a battery nothing happens. I tried getting it hooked up to clean flight to at least program it in the mean time. I used my DJI Phantom's data cable because it fit in the port, but I don't think it was the right one because when I plugged it into the board, again I got nothing. Usually some lights are supposed to come on right? So it didn't connect to clean flight. I kept getting the not connected after 10 seconds error code. I also have no idea where to find a data cable for the Naze 32.
Any help with any of those problems is helpful. I also posted to RC Groups. Thanks Guys.
Some Pics:
typically the 5v to the naze needs to go to the positive pin on the number one motor. As far as connecting to your computer, any android usb should work. Just need to make sure you have the cp21o driver listed on the front page of the GUI you are using is installed on your computer.
Mar 03, 2017, 12:43 PM
pin 6 has something else connected (grounded to the signal rail...) bc 1-4 have esc's... (i dont see the 'switching' esc described by Dante)

maybe he blew the board since the USB isnt firing it up.
Mar 03, 2017, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward McRichy
typically the 5v to the naze needs to go to the positive pin on the number one motor. As far as connecting to your computer, any android usb should work. Just need to make sure you have the cp21o driver listed on the front page of the GUI you are using is installed on your computer.
Nope. It doesn't have to go to motor 1. It is a rail anyways, so it doesn't matter if the 5v is on 1 or 6. They all connect either way.
Mar 03, 2017, 08:58 PM
Still tryin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msand2081
Nope. It doesn't have to go to motor 1. It is a rail anyways, so it doesn't matter if the 5v is on 1 or 6. They all connect either way.
Oh I see, took a closer look, I had the naze where it only had signal pads for the rest of the motors and power was on one

Quick Reply