This thread is privately moderated by circuitfxr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 24, 2017, 04:27 PM
Resistance is futile
Thread OP
Discussion

Added a 1 meter sailboat to the collection

Hi all,

Its been a little while since I did an update, so here goes!

I recently bought a used 1 meter sailboat from my local hobby shop. She is a bit of a mystery ship. The hull looks like a EC-12 but has the dimensions of a Soling.
The sails, mast, and booms are from a Soling. Noone here on RCG has been able to identify this yacht. I am aware she won't be in any sanctioned races, but she makes a GREAT practice boat for the 1 meter size. We have decided to name her "Cosmic Ripples"

In other hobby news, I recently sold all our 1/10 scale brushless trucks. We are concentrating on boats right now. We still have some stock 1/10 trucks to play with and possibly use for pulling trailers.

The Foam board racing boat we recently rescued, after riding through Hurricane Matthew on a lake, is still on the repair bench. The bad steering servo has been replaced. A new equipment board has been fashioned and the transom has been reinforced.

The 18" Westward sailboat is waiting for a new sail winch.

The catamaran called FUSION recently capsized in heavy wind and was waterlogged from being upside down during the retrieval process. The sail servo was water damaged and the replacement servo has arrived. She is still waiting for the replacement to be installed. LESSON: Do not attempt to sail a small catamaran in 10-15 mph winds...doesn't work too well)

As you can see, a great deal of our fleet is dry docked right now. This is most annoying when you live in a state with no cold weather! We generally sail year round. People who live in snow areas have an excuse to spend a lot of workshop time in the winter months. We don't.

More updates in following weeks. Hoping to get most of the fleet seaworthy again in a week or two.

You can see the 1 meter boat in my thread called "What do I have" in the sailboats forum.
I'll post some random stage pics here too.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply