Kyosho Turbo Scorpion Re-Release - RC Groups

Kyosho Turbo Scorpion Re-Release

Kyosho announced a new re-release late last year with the Turbo Scorpion. It features larger wheels and tires, and a few modern upgrades. Let's take a quick look!

Splash

Keep 'Em Coming, Kyosho!

This beautiful re-release of the original Turbo Scorpion buggy was announced late last year, and is now scheduled for availability in early March 2017. The Scorpion line dates back to the original "high performance" offerings from Kyosho in the early 80's, and this new version retains the vintage styling with some modern upgrades. Larger 2.2" wheels and "Sand Super" tires are includes, as well as a T6 aluminum ladder frame. The kit includes 12mm oil-filled dampers, and a two-piece diecast aluminum gearbox. The kit can be had for $249.99, without any electronics.

CLICK HERE to preorder the Kyosho Turbo Scorpion.

Features:

• A6061 T6 aluminum ladder frame chassis. Roll bar is moved back 6 mm from the position found on the original Scorpion. Chassis is also compatible with the original light buckets from the earlier Scorpion. Optional LEDs can be bolted on for more realism.
  • Rear-wheel drive.
  • Clear polycarbonate body.
  • White plastic rear wing with reinforced nylon resin stay and an adjustable angle.
  • 12 mm diameter oil shocks.
  • Forged A6061 T6 aluminum suspension arms.
  • Two-piece diecast aluminum gearbox. A built-in gear diff with slipper clutch protects gears from damage. 48-pitch gears are constructed of nylon and sintered metal alloy.
  • Racy-style mini bumper.
  • White radio box is compatible with various batteries.
  • Soft compound ribbed front tires. Block pattern rear tires.
  • 2.2 (56 mm) diameter five-spoke vintage white plastic wheels.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 24, 2017 at 08:40 AM..
Feb 24, 2017, 05:26 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Looks fantastic!! Might have to get this one.
Feb 24, 2017, 05:44 PM
Buggy in style
I'm still waiting for an Optimal Mid re-re!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Feb 25, 2017, 07:08 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX
I'm still waiting for an Optimal Mid re-re!

I'll definitely buy one of those!
Feb 25, 2017, 09:35 AM
Did I make the A Main?
people keep talking about starting up a vintage class in my area... I wonder if enough re-re's come out then it will finally happen?
Feb 25, 2017, 10:00 PM
Buggy in style
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
people keep talking about starting up a vintage class in my area... I wonder if enough re-re's come out then it will finally happen?
People still race their vintage. Not re-re.

Besides, depending where you are, a RC10 Classic or re-re should be a class on its own.

Feb 26, 2017, 10:06 AM
Did I make the A Main?
It's just not practical to race a true vintage without re-re parts support, something's gotta give for the class to be sustainable. It's also not realistic to expect a vintage design to be competitive with modern geometry. Perhaps the handicap of a pro driver being forced to run vintage against a field of sportsman drivers running modern equipment might make things more interesting for club racing
Last edited by bill_delong; Feb 26, 2017 at 03:07 PM.
Feb 26, 2017, 01:12 PM
I can't wait for these to be released , I want the white tub as a spare part for my Scorpion .
Feb 26, 2017, 10:05 PM
This is sharp and is closer to the time period where I was into RC as a kid. I just got a Hotshot so this one won't be added soon. I still have my Optima unbuilt.
Feb 27, 2017, 02:15 PM
Is it brushed or brudhless thank you.
Feb 27, 2017, 02:21 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzd33
Is it brushed or brudhless thank you.
it's a kit

Quote:
The kit can be had for $249.99, without any electronics.
Feb 27, 2017, 02:23 PM
Car Bashing
Photos show a brushless motor. But don't forget it is a KIT, so you must put all your electronic inside.
Feb 27, 2017, 11:55 PM
People like me don't care. Put a silver can in it and never flip it over. Use a $10 ESC works great with a silver can motor.
Mar 01, 2017, 11:32 AM

Wow

My first RC car like 33 years ago

Blast from the past

Mar 02, 2017, 05:37 PM
No Drone Zone - Mossberg 500
Should buy a pallet of them and lock in a closet for a dozen years or so.