Mar 29, 2017, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
What are they charging you for delivery or is it TBD?

Kman
it was around $46 for the plane, no discounted shipping. I do a lot of shipping through UPS and that is about what I expected. I wish it wasn't so much but.....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2017, 08:24 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220
it was around $46 for the plane, no discounted shipping. I do a lot of shipping through UPS and that is about what I expected. I wish it wasn't so much but.....
Sounds about right, my last balsa plane I got last year was around the same amount.

Shipping costs have really gotten out of hand here in the USA. It costs the same amount to ship it a fews states away as it does to ship in half way around the world

Kman
Apr 12, 2017, 01:52 AM
http://www.vqmodel.com/NewVQModel_46...tion_guide.pdf

The way the servo's protrude through the wing is awful! (imho)

Some work needs to be done there.

Fort the rest: seems pretty ARTF!

jan.
Apr 12, 2017, 07:35 AM
Thread OP
That's typical VQ when it comes to the wing servos. It's interesting to see that the nose gear doors aren't functional. They are simply glued in place.

Kman
Apr 12, 2017, 08:31 AM
As far as the servo's are concerned, what do you think: is that easy, to let them disappear in the wing?

To make functional (nose and wing) gear doors: I think you need something like this:

http://www.rcbee.com/index.php?Page=19

Are there less expensive alternatives?

jan.
Apr 12, 2017, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
I don't think it would be too difficult to hide the servos if wanted to convert them to the style that mounts sideways on a wooden plate.

For the nose gear doors it would be easier and cheaper to go with a mechanical setup. Many of the newer foam planes have ditched the servo/sequencer setup in lieu of a spring operated door system.

Kman
Apr 12, 2017, 09:10 AM
A spring operated system is very tricky/hardly possible for the wing doors; they are (am I right?) similar to the P-51 . . . (closed when the gear is down).

jan.
Apr 12, 2017, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan brilman
A spring operated system is very tricky/hardly possible for the wing doors; they are (am I right?) similar to the P-51 . . . (closed when the gear is down).

jan.
True, but I don't think that this plane comes with any doors for the mains on the wings. It has the covers that attach to the struts, but that's it.

If you added your own and wanted it to be scale in operation, then you would have to sequence it with servos/sequencer.

Kman
Apr 12, 2017, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
jan - will yours look like the one attached then? Any word on when it will arrive yet?

Kman
Apr 18, 2017, 04:05 AM
I ordered the 'US'-version.

https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-be...p-class-model/

I asked Pichler, but no answer yet . . .

Found this item, and that may come in very handy.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...escription-tab

As soon as there is any news, I'll let you know.

jan.
Apr 21, 2017, 05:49 AM
i want one. I just hope the nose gear is strong enough.
Apr 21, 2017, 08:37 AM
Mine has been shipped, Pichler says, but this moment I'm on Ibiza . . .

I hope they added the striping on the wings; that's missing on the pictures . . .

jan.
Apr 21, 2017, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
I noticed the missing wing stripes, too. I hope they added it, but if not it should be pretty easy to add ourselves with some monokote trim pieces. VQWarbirds should have their shipment coming in soon, so I hope there are no delays

Kman
Apr 21, 2017, 05:50 PM
I'm waiting too! The European version looks like a House of Balsa 1/2a kit I built many years ago, it had the same markings and colors. I do like the new US version too, just looks more modern.
Apr 23, 2017, 06:09 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX

Actualy it's not a G36...

It is not a 36 series Bonanza, count the windows. It's the shorter 33 series finished in the G36 scheme. But it sure looks good anyhow.

Quick Reply