New Diana 2 - RC Groups
Feb 23, 2017, 04:32 PM
Discussion

New Diana 2

Noticed that Baudis is advertising a new 1/3 Diana 2 in Europe. Another builder offering this great sailplane.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 07:28 AM

Maiden of a Baudis Diana 2

Diana 2 von Baudismodel (2 min 15 sec)
Nov 13, 2017, 11:51 PM
Team Horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappet
Noticed that Baudis is advertising a new 1/3 Diana 2 in Europe. Another builder offering this great sailplane.
This is the same model that ChocoFly has been selling. Baudis has always been the manufacturer. That is a good thing. It means it should be available from Soaring USA and will probably be more affordable than the most excellent Antares and ASW 22.

Rick
Nov 14, 2017, 10:55 AM
And I hope to be building one for a customer not long after they arrive at SUSA. I might want one for myself as well, I understand the model is superb, not surprising since everything from Baudis is great.
Nov 14, 2017, 12:02 PM
yyz
yyz
It'll be interesting to see how the smaller wing performs in GPS triangle tasks. Looking forward to seeing one fly.
Nov 14, 2017, 08:53 PM
I don't believe this is the same model as Chocofly is selling as theirs is 40% and the Baudis model is 33%, 5 meters.
Nov 14, 2017, 09:52 PM
Do mean this Diana 2?

This one is 1/3rd scale, 5m span, GPS light layup and currently waiting for the Fes-ex bits and other gubbins to arrive.

Carolyn

PS, Sorry for all of the clutter in the background
Nov 15, 2017, 12:14 AM
What clutter in the background? All I see is a nice scale sailplane.

Yes, that is the new one from Baudis.
Nov 15, 2017, 03:31 AM
Some more info here
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...s)-Erfahrungen
Nov 15, 2017, 08:56 PM
Mark Triebes
Soaring USA is supposed to get the first 2 of these next week ... I'll be getting mine flying as quickly as possible .... should be a really quick build with the pre-installed LDS. 😬
Nov 15, 2017, 09:47 PM
I guess I need to go see Bob next week for a sneek peek.
Nov 15, 2017, 11:35 PM
Mark Triebes
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
No fondling, Dennis!!
Nov 15, 2017, 11:59 PM
Mark,
Come join us in June. I know you would like it.
Regards Dean
Nov 16, 2017, 02:36 AM
Team JR Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
Might have to join you.

Tom
Nov 16, 2017, 02:38 PM
Don’t worry Mark, your model is safe. Really glad that you are joining the scale group, hope to see you at Visalia. I’ll fondle the other Diana soon if doesn’t get sold, my excuse is Bob needs his own photos for the website so I offer to unwrap, assemble and take my own photos as well as Bob’s. And we are VERY careful with them. We are speculating that the wings for the Diana may be mated soon to a purpose built XC fuselage and tail group, it might make a stellar XC machine since it has such narrow chord, hopefully not so narrow you can’t see it altitude.