Feb 23, 2017, 03:38 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Advice on Spektrum DSMX compatible receiver

Hello,
I am looking for a reliable Spektrum DSMX compatible receiver to be installed in my park flyer plane.

I have found OrangeRx R615X. Has anyone tried it? Can I relay on it or would you advise any other?

Thanks, daniele
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2017, 03:51 AM
No bounce, No play.
I have tried Orx a bit. They work. I am not impressed with QC. Never tried Lemon but all I have gleaned from reading a lot of others experience they are better quality and performance.

One thing, you don't hear a fraction of the negative feedback about Lemon so that tells me something.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Feb 23, 2017, 04:30 AM
Some orange receivers work, some work for a while. The quality is far from a genuine Spektrum receiver. For cheap throw away foamies you can try it but if you like your plane buy a genuine Spektrum receiver. I use the cheap receivers also but only in planes that normally don't survive a full season I consider them as throw away receivers.... good for bench testing though.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:54 AM
I `ve used this cheap one in several of my parkjets and they work great. Also used some of the other Lemons in bigger planes.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:12 AM
Go for Lemon RX. You will not regret it.
Feb 23, 2017, 09:21 AM
Lemon RX are working well for me! I had problems with Orange. Yes they work but not reliably.
Feb 23, 2017, 11:37 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
The Lemon's are by far the most reliable of the 3rd party options. I'd buy them in preference over the cheaper Spektrum options.

Oranges are a crapshoot in terms of reliability, but the 6ch ones are decent enough for a cheap park flier (the 4ch ones seem the least reliable). Run away from the RedCon's. they're just unreliable counterfeits without the counterfeit Spectrum branding.
Feb 23, 2017, 04:18 PM
Get an AR400.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Get an AR400.
Or a Lemon. Lemon is less money and equally reliable.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:54 PM
Using lemon sat on my 250 with kbar. Never once lost signal i. Any orientation. Flown pretty high and as far out as i dared. Its probably only about 100m.

I had an issue with sn rx 610 but not sure if it was signal los or gyro glitch.
Feb 23, 2017, 06:14 PM
S.A.D. member
The best and most inexpensive Spektrum compatible receivers are the Spektrum AR400 and AR610. You can't get better than that.

Ivan
Feb 24, 2017, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc
The best and most inexpensive Spektrum compatible receivers are the Spektrum AR400 and AR610. You can't get better than that.

Ivan
Heck yes! The AR610 is a great inexpensive ginuine spektrum Rx. I've used them in my park foamies up to 90 size models. I mostly use telemetry rx now but I'd rather pay a bit more for quality spektrum.

Quick Reply