Feb 22, 2017, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Short range with Flysky i6 transmitter and a8s receiver

As the title says, I'm getting very short ranging using my FS-i6 transmitter with a8s receivers. Last night I tried flying with a group on top of a parking garage and could only fly ~20meters before my quads dropped to the ground on failsafe. Perhaps this was a bad RF environment, but guys with Taranis were zooming around no problem.

I actually have two micro quads with this receiver and both were getting the same range (for both the antenna is well away from the carbon fiber). So, it doesn't seem to one particular receiver that's bad. In an open field I do get better range, ~100m before failsafe kicks in, but it still doesn't seem very good.

My question is, is this normal for this transmitter/receiver, or is there likely to be something wrong with my gear? I did open up the transmitter and nothing is obviously damaged, although I can't really tell much from this inspection. I did get an x6b receiver so I can see if that does better, although for my micro I won't be able to fit anything nearly that big. I'm thinking about upgrading to a Taranis, although I'm comfortable with Flysky so it would be nice to stick with it. Do the i6x or Turnigy evolution have better range than the standard i6?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2017, 07:35 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
100 meters seems good. 20 meters is not good. Have you had better results since?

Watch your Error % on the transmitter and when near 80% you may be near the control limit.
Apr 21, 2017, 09:14 AM

Hi

Hi I have a some problem my transmitter or receiver I don't no is any one help me thank you.
Problem is after 10m receiver 100% and cut out. Thank you
There is a video
Flysky fsi-6 range problem (0 min 54 sec)
Apr 25, 2017, 03:04 PM
Deondrae4088

Eachine 250 racer "TX" signal on my transmitter

I just bought a eachine 250 racer and on my remote controller I'm not getting a TX signal in getting a RX signal. Any idea what's going on
May 05, 2017, 04:42 AM
Hey everyone, does anyone else have issues with drones in the area?

Quick Reply