Feb 22, 2017, 10:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DetrumTech Dsm&S-bus Istone Stabilizer,3-in-1 Program Card Combo

Introduction

ISTONE-AII is a 6-axis Gyro & Stabilizer for airplane, suitable for normal wing, fly-wing, and V-tail airplanes. It is used to connect with the receiver to control the flight, supports Gyro Off, Normal, Aerobatic, and Auto-balance (Safe) Modes, compatible with DSM, S.BUS, and PWM receivers. You can set the programmable items via a 3-in-1 program card.

The 3-in-1 program card is used to set the programmable items for ESCs and stabilizers and measure the voltage for Li-Po battery. Its friendly LCD interface makes the programming and measurement easy.

Features

ISTONE-AII Stabilizer:
- 32-bit high-performance ARM MCU, 6-axis sensor chipset
- Original attitude stabilization algorithm and control algorithm
- Support normal wing, fly wing, and V-tail airplanes
- Support mode switch via MODE channel, can switch between different modes
- Four flight modes: Gyro Off Mode, Normal Mode, Aerobatic Mode, and Auto-balance (Safe) Mode
- Set the programmable items (aileron/roll/rudder gain, level offset, flight mode, etc.) via 3-in-1 program card
- Support DSM, S.BUS and PWM receivers
- Mini dimension, supporting different mounting directions (face up, down, left, and right)

3-in-1 Program Card:
- Connect with the ESC to set its programmable items. It is applicable for Skylord Advanced series brushless aircraft ESCs, Volcano series brushless car ESCs, etc.
- Connect with the stabilizer or sport receiver (with a built-in stabilizer) to set its programmable items. It is applicable for ISTONE-AII stabilizer, MSR66A sport receiver, etc.
- Work as a voltmeter to measure the voltage of the whole battery pack and each cell. It is suitable for 2S to 8S Li-Po battery.

Specifications

ISTONE-AII Stabilizer:

Main Controller: 32-bit MCU
Sensor: 6-axis gyro
Gyro Scale Range: -2000dps ~ +2000dps
Accelerometer Scale Range: -4g ~ +4g
Input Signal: PWM, Futaba S.BUS, DSM
Output Signal: PWM (71.4Hz)
Input Voltage: 4.8V ~ 7.4V
Operating Temp: -20℃ ~ 70℃
Size: 36.5mm*29.4mm*12.6mm
Weight: 10g

3-in-1 Program Card:

Size (L*W*H): 52.0mm*85.6mm*17.6mm
Weight: 45g
Input Voltage: 5V~12V
Interface: Micro USB, ESC interface, Li-Po battery interface

Packing List

ISTONE-AII Gyro & Stabilizer 1
3-signal wire 1
Anti-shock double sided tape 2
Single-signal wire 2
3-in-1 Program Card 1
Micro USB Cable 1

The production website link is :http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Product/view/id/678.html

For User Manual about DetrumTech Dsm&S-bus Istone Stabilizer,3-in-1 Program Card, please click this website below to get the newest:
http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Download/index/id/23.html
The lastest one is what you need!

http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Download/index/id/25.html
This is the User Manual about 3-in-1 Program Card
Last edited by Dynamrc; Apr 06, 2017 at 09:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2017, 09:38 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Very interesting! Is there a manual online somewhere?
I would like to know if I could put it in my glider with both flaps and ailerons. So I would need to connect both the ailerons and the elevator and rudder to the stabilizer, would that be possible? The flaps and the motor would go directly to the reciever then.
Also, would it be neccessary to initialize the stabilizer before every flight, or teach it what the "level" position of the plane is, or would everything work right after switching it on, like an airplane without stabilizer would?
Thanks in advance.
Apr 06, 2017, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
We sent the private message to solve your problem, please note to check!
Hope you enjoy our products!
Apr 08, 2017, 07:31 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Hello Dynam, thanks for your response and the mail with the manual.
It answered my wuestion concerning 2 Ailerons, it is definitely possible to use two of them.

However, The questions on wheter the plane has to be level when the system is switched on is not covered.

Here is what the manual says about first-time installation:

Quote:
Follow these steps to complete your first-time
installation.
1. Power on the transmitter and create a new airplane model. Assign a 3-position switch for
the flight mode control and make sure the switch does not have other function.
2. Mount the ISTONE-AII on the airframe and connect its required input and output wires.
3. Place the airplane on the ground and power it on, the LED on ISTONE-AII will start fast
green flashing, which means it is calibrating the gyro and the sticks, don't move the
airplane and the sticks during this period.
After a successful initialization, the LED displays
the current flight mode.
4. After a successful initialization, use the program card to set the programmable items
(mounting direction, wing type, etc.).
5. Switch to Gyro Off Mode. Adjust the neutral position for all servos. Check the movement
direction of the servos by moving the stick one by one. If the servo moves in an opposite
direction, reverse it on your transmitter (for details, please refer to the instruction manual of
the transmitter).
(Bolding by me)

It is understandable that the plane must not be exposed to angular velocities when the system is initializingafter switching on.
I would like to know if the position the plane has when the system is switched on has any influence on operation. If my plane is placed on a slope so that it is tilted compared to normal flight (see images), and I switch the system on, would this be ok? Or does the plane have to be level like in level flight after switching on and the during the initialisation?

Also, I could not find the information about the channel sequence when connecting an S.BUS reciever.
There are five channels: Aileron1/2, Rudder, Elevator, Mode.
Which order are these on the S.BUS data stream?

Thanks,

Julian
Last edited by Julez; Apr 08, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
Apr 12, 2017, 10:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hello Dynam, thanks for your response and the mail with the manual.
It answered my wuestion concerning 2 Ailerons, it is definitely possible to use two of them.

However, The questions on wheter the plane has to be level when the system is switched on is not covered.

Here is what the manual says about first-time installation:

(Bolding by me)

It is understandable that the plane must not be exposed to angular velocities when the system is initializingafter switching on.
I would like to know if the position the plane has when the system is switched on has any influence on operation. If my plane is placed on a slope so that it is tilted compared to normal flight (see images), and I switch the system on, would this be ok? Or does the plane have to be level like in level flight after switching on and the during the initialisation?

Also, I could not find the information about the channel sequence when connecting an S.BUS reciever.
There are five channels: Aileron1/2, Rudder, Elevator, Mode.
Which order are these on the S.BUS data stream?

Thanks,

Julian
Here are the answers about your two questions.
First One: you just need keep your plane in quiescent state and do not move. Do not have to be level.

Second One: here is two picture to describe how to connect with S-Bus receiver.
When using a S.BUS receiver, you only need to connect the receiver’s S.BUS output to S.Bus port on ISTONE-AII, do not need to connect other inputs of ISTONE-AII anymore.

For the input and output channels (except A/E/R), the signal wire is close to the decal of ISTONE-AII, middle is VDD and bottom is GND.

Hope you could be satisfied with our service, we will glad to answer your any question.

PS: your photographes are so beautiful.
Aug 08, 2017, 11:34 AM
I have the ISTONE-AII unit.

I have installed the unit in an airplane and there are 2 strange things.

1) I have installed the unit Face Left, but I have to select Face Right in Mounting Direction in the Program card for Auto-Recovery Mode (Safe) to work corrrectly.

2) In ground testing Auto-Recovery Mode (Safe) mode there is no lock on the tilt angle on pitch and roll axis.

Is the unit faulty or I have I done something wrong?

Regards
Anthony
Aug 10, 2017, 03:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by antperki
I have the ISTONE-AII unit.

I have installed the unit in an airplane and there are 2 strange things.

1) I have installed the unit Face Left, but I have to select Face Right in Mounting Direction in the Program card for Auto-Recovery Mode (Safe) to work corrrectly.

2) In ground testing Auto-Recovery Mode (Safe) mode there is no lock on the tilt angle on pitch and roll axis.

Is the unit faulty or I have I done something wrong?

Regards
Anthony
We are not sure from your description.There is just a way you can try.

Name: QQ截图20170810160029.jpg
Views: 65
Size: 69.8 KB
Description:

You have to keep the arrow direction being the same as the airplane's heading direction.

And set-up follow the Instructions.

You can get more Instructions on our website.http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Download/index/p/2.html

IF the problem haven't been solved,we hope you can describe it in detail.

Important thing,please tell us what the LED color is.
Aug 10, 2017, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamrc
We are not sure from your description.There is just a way you can try.

Attachment 10266878

You have to keep the arrow direction being the same as the airplane's heading direction.

And set-up follow the Instructions.

You can get more Instructions on our website.http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Download/index/p/2.html

IF the problem haven't been solved,we hope you can describe it in detail.

Important thing,please tell us what the LED color is.
Many thanks for your reply.

The LED is blue green when safe mode is selected.

I have it mounted Face left as in your diagram. The arrow points forward and the wires point to the back.

If I select mount Left, then in safe mode both ailerons fully deflect when the plane is level and stay in this position.
If I select mount Right, then in safe mode both ailerons stay level when the plane is level, and the ailerons move the correct way if I tilt the plane.

But, in safe mode, If I give full aileron and hold this, and turn the plane upside down then the ailerons remain in this position through 360 degrees. Shouldn't the ailerons go back to neutral before the plane has turned upside down? If the ailerons don't go back to neutral how is roll limited by safe?
I have only tried this on the ground as I don't want to fly the plane until I'm sure everything is OK.

Also please can you explain what Angle Gain does?

Regards
Anthony
Aug 11, 2017, 03:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by antperki
Many thanks for your reply.

The LED is blue green when safe mode is selected.

I have it mounted Face left as in your diagram. The arrow points forward and the wires point to the back.

If I select mount Left, then in safe mode both ailerons fully deflect when the plane is level and stay in this position.
If I select mount Right, then in safe mode both ailerons stay level when the plane is level, and the ailerons move the correct way if I tilt the plane.

But, in safe mode, If I give full aileron and hold this, and turn the plane upside down then the ailerons remain in this position through 360 degrees. Shouldn't the ailerons go back to neutral before the plane has turned upside down? If the ailerons don't go back to neutral how is roll limited by safe?
I have only tried this on the ground as I don't want to fly the plane until I'm sure everything is OK.

Also please can you explain what Angle Gain does?

Regards
Anthony
If you take the full aileron, in fact, the airplane will be controlled nearly by yourself rather than Istone. And in order to control your airplane, you can not set the "Gain" to Zero.

As for your first question, if you operate right all the way, we guess is the setup error during the productive process. We feel so sorry.

Hope you could send the video about integral process and you will get more clear solution
Oct 01, 2017, 01:02 PM
mutski
DynamRC - I have ordered the iStone stabilizer for my FFF Eagle, 56" wingspan with V-tail, shown in the attached photo. I have several questions:
Do you have suggestions for the initial gain settings?
Also, is there a way to use a knob on my Dx7 to adjust the gains in the air?
If I use the iStone with a Spektrum satellite receiver, will I see reduced radio range compared to the iStone with a spectrum receiver AND satellite?
Oct 26, 2017, 05:17 PM
Anyone have tested this product?
Nov 29, 2017, 07:21 PM
Learn, Fly, Crash -- Repeat...

An early (for me) post about the Dynam ISTONE-AII unit

A longish post and not of interest to all, but may be interesting to those who want a broader vision of 'stabiliser products' such as the Dynam ISTONE and FrSky SxR stabilised-receiver series -- not quite an apple-to-apple comparison set, but interesting, nonetheless. I like to 'fiddle' with new stuff and then stick to what I find as 'good' - but that doesn't stop me from wanting to continue 'fiddling'. So, regarding 'stabiliser-assisted flight' I have the following units, with varying degrees of knowledge gained (yes, I'm presently biased towards the FrSky units, but that position is up to review):

1. 1x Spektrum AR636 with SAFE mode (on a Blade 230S helicopter now not flown for 6 months or more -- too much fun in fixed wing now)
2. 12x FrSky S6R (various electric fixed wing planes, both over-wing and under-wing, some pusher, some tractor, one EDF, one large glider)
3. 1x FrSky S8R (calibrated, configured, bench-tested but not yet installed)
4. 1x OrangeRX RX3S Flight Stabilizer V2 (foam electric 850mm GWS Zero)
5. 1x Dynam ISTONE-AII ACRO

I was looking around (for a club-mate) for a stabiliser that was not receiver-dependent, like the FrSKy series (to avoid changing his radio module) but still gave 'inflight parameter change' and 'self-level mode' in addition to stabilise mode. I don't intend to hijack this Dynam thread to FrSky products and am only mentioning this here to highlight some comparisons. As the Dynam unit seems to 'fill the bill' of my club-mate's requests and is competitively priced (AUD$25.45), I firstly ordered one for myself.

There seem to be very few active users of this Dynam stabiliser yet - the forum threads are fairly bare and seldom added -- unlike the SxR threads, which are active, well-supported and full of useful details, with (sometimes overly-)patient posters to help and occasional feedback from FrSky, who seem to be monitoring the threads and (eventually) acting on the inputs. It's true that, over here at the Dynam forum on rcgroups.com, DynamRC seem to respond once 'poked' on a public forum, but are slow to respond to direct requests for support.

However, the early Dynam stabiliser posts that I have found tend to be very similar to those which were voiced during the SxR early days - how to do this, has anyone tested that, where can I find....etc, etc. -- but, the forums seem to be almost devoid of answers - yet.

So, having lived through the early days of the SxR 'learning curve' and read the complaints of many other 'early-adopters' and 'fellow newbies' and recent posters, I can make some observations which might/will be added to when something of value comes from my 'learning curve' with this Dynam unit. The SxR units and the (now, latest) documentation from FrSky gives you just as much, if not much more, feature-rich environment to work in as do most of the comparable (or more or lesser) units - but, the Dynam early documentation seems to give more information than the early FrSky information contained.

Some early observations (unit is not yet installed):

1. The Dynam stabiliser unit is quite a bit smaller (see attached photo of Dynam 3-in-1, the Dynam Stabiliser/S6R/S8R/V8FR for comparisons) and weighs only 9gm (measured) versus 12gm for S6R and 14gm for S8R and 10gm for the V8FR. However, this means that for a Dynam-stabilised V8FR, you would have 19gm and two modules to house in a plane, versus 12gm/14gm and only one module for S6R/S8R.

2. The Dynam stabiliser has 6-axis sensing, but only has 4 channels output (AIL1, ELE, RDR, AIL2) versus 6/8 outputs for S6R/S8R (plus SBUS on S8R), so no room for split ELE configurations (if required)

3. The Dynam has 3 modes - OFF, STAB, AEROBATIC (a little bit like Self/Auto Level Mode but not exactly) as opposed to S6R/S8R having 5 modes (OFF, STAB, AUTO-LEVEL, KNIFE EDGE, NOSE HOVER).

4. One additional (beyond AIL,ELE,THR,RUD) switch-sourced physical channel (any one) of the receiver must be reserved (and cabled) exclusively for the mode selection, which can be switched while in flight (as with S6R/S8R), so a minimum of 5 receiver channels are required (FrSKy X4R will not work, for example).

5. There are only a total of 3 physical gain adjustments (AIL, ELE, RUD) and these are manual pots set on the ground - gains cannot be adjusted electronically or remotely (unlike S6R/S8R)

6. There are only four mounting orientations allowed -- face up, face down, face left and face right -- and all orientations MUST have the arrow facing forward (into the line of flight) and connectors facing rearward and the attitude of the stabiliser MUST be parallel to the horizontal tail alignment -- there is no scope for physical offsets of roll/pitch/yaw planes of the mounting position, nor electronic compensation for such offsets (unlike the S6R/S8R).

7. Normal, Delta and V-Tail wing types are selectable (like S6R/S8R)

8. The Dynam unit is supplied with 3M Anti-shock mounting tape (similar to that supplied with the S6R/S8R) but no comment is made regarding excessive vibration compensation for such things as EDF or IC motors (which was an early problem with the FrSky series but quickly overcome when FrSky added some software-based vibration filtering) -- early testing will validate any issues there.

9. The Dynam supports inputs from a normal (PWM) receiver's outputs, or from Futaba's S.BUS output (unlike S6R/S8R, which is only available as FrSKy-compatible)

10. The Dynam stabiliser can work with most receivers (and, therefore, most radios) so it does not lock you in to using a particular Tx/Rx protocol (unlike the Spektrum and FrSky units). It is very similar, in this aspect, to the Orange unit.

So, these are early observations and comparisons to the S6R/S8R -- apologies for cluttering up the Dynam thread, but some people who were originally asking questions about various Dynam stabiliser units might find the information useful.

If I find anything of further interest over the coming weeks, as I embark on the learning curve for this unit, I will try to post meaningful and useful details.

Regards,
ozphoenix
Last edited by ozphoenix; Nov 30, 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: corrected misuse of word 'antennae' in orientation description - should be 'arrow'
Nov 30, 2017, 06:11 AM
So far, really simple to set up - on the bench, plugged in 4 servos and a receiver and ESC, programmed in an extra channel with a two-way switch for OFF/NORMAL and a momentary override switch on the same channel for 'panic' mode - powered on the set-up and ...it just works as offered!

Will have to put it in to a model and watch how the control surfaces react and to take a look at the gains but, so far, nothing surprising and really simple to set up.

regards,
ozphoenix
Dec 01, 2017, 01:46 AM
Thread OP
First, thanks for your support to our products. Your suggestions are very important for us.

Next, in order to make users know more about our products, we give the sincere response to your detailed observation.

1. In fact, if users think that ISTONE-All (9g) +receiver (10g) are heavier than one module for S6R/S8R, you can also choose our sport receiver Detrum SR86A (15g)/ Detrum MSR66A (7g). They are 6/8 channel 2.4GHz receiver integrated with 6-axis gyro and stabilizer.
Here is our product website: SR86A, MSR66A

2. For better performance, we optimized the ISTONE-All and it will have 6 output channels, which is more useful in the flight.

3. When use the ISTONE-All, the gain adjustment can be set via 3-in-1 card only on the ground. But when use the Detrum MSR66A/SR86A, gains can be adjusted via GAVIN transmitter electronically and remotely.

4. In ISTONE-All, user adjusts the level offset via 3-in-1 card when have absolute angle error caused by installation. As shown below:
Name: Manual Capture.png
Views: 52
Size: 36.4 KB
Description:
The latest ISTONE version will allow user to take the accelerometer calibration in the simple way. It can offset the angle error without users setting.

Welcome to provide your thoughts for our product. We are so glad to see your observation.(PS: we attach the MSR66A and SR86A instruction manual below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozphoenix
A longish post and not of interest to all, but may be interesting to those who want a broader vision of 'stabiliser products' such as the Dynam ISTONE and FrSky SxR stabilised-receiver series -- not quite an apple-to-apple comparison set, but interesting, nonetheless. I like to 'fiddle' with new stuff and then stick to what I find as 'good' - but that doesn't stop me from wanting to continue 'fiddling'. So, regarding 'stabiliser-assisted flight' I have the following units, with varying degrees of knowledge gained (yes, I'm presently biased towards the FrSky units, but that position is up to review):

1. 1x Spektrum AR636 with SAFE mode (on a Blade 230S helicopter now not flown for 6 months or more -- too much fun in fixed wing now)
2. 12x FrSky S6R (various electric fixed wing planes, both over-wing and under-wing, some pusher, some tractor, one EDF, one large glider)
3. 1x FrSky S8R (calibrated, configured, bench-tested but not yet installed)
4. 1x OrangeRX RX3S Flight Stabilizer V2 (foam electric 850mm GWS Zero)
5. 1x Dynam ISTONE-AII ACRO

I was looking around (for a club-mate) for a stabiliser that was not receiver-dependent, like the FrSKy series (to avoid changing his radio module) but still gave 'inflight parameter change' and 'self-level mode' in addition to stabilise mode. I don't intend to hijack this Dynam thread to FrSky products and am only mentioning this here to highlight some comparisons. As the Dynam unit seems to 'fill the bill' of my club-mate's requests and is competitively priced (AUD$25.45), I firstly ordered one for myself.

There seem to be very few active users of this Dynam stabiliser yet - the forum threads are fairly bare and seldom added -- unlike the SxR threads, which are active, well-supported and full of useful details, with (sometimes overly-)patient posters to help and occasional feedback from FrSky, who seem to be monitoring the threads and (eventually) acting on the inputs. It's true that, over here at the Dynam forum on rcgroups.com, DynamRC seem to respond once 'poked' on a public forum, but are slow to respond to direct requests for support.

However, the early Dynam stabiliser posts that I have found tend to be very similar to those which were voiced during the SxR early days - how to do this, has anyone tested that, where can I find....etc, etc. -- but, the forums seem to be almost devoid of answers - yet.

So, having lived through the early days of the SxR 'learning curve' and read the complaints of many other 'early-adopters' and 'fellow newbies' and recent posters, I can make some observations which might/will be added to when something of value comes from my 'learning curve' with this Dynam unit. The SxR units and the (now, latest) documentation from FrSky gives you just as much, if not much more, feature-rich environment to work in as do most of the comparable (or more or lesser) units - but, the Dynam early documentation seems to give more information than the early FrSky information contained.

Some early observations (unit is not yet installed):

1. The Dynam stabiliser unit is quite a bit smaller (see attached photo of Dynam 3-in-1, the Dynam Stabiliser/S6R/S8R/V8FR for comparisons) and weighs only 9gm (measured) versus 12gm for S6R and 14gm for S8R and 10gm for the V8FR. However, this means that for a Dynam-stabilised V8FR, you would have 19gm and two modules to house in a plane, versus 12gm/14gm and only one module for S6R/S8R.

2. The Dynam stabiliser has 6-axis sensing, but only has 4 channels output (AIL1, ELE, RDR, AIL2) versus 6/8 outputs for S6R/S8R (plus SBUS on S8R), so no room for split ELE configurations (if required)

3. The Dynam has 3 modes - OFF, STAB, AEROBATIC (a little bit like Self/Auto Level Mode but not exactly) as opposed to S6R/S8R having 5 modes (OFF, STAB, AUTO-LEVEL, KNIFE EDGE, NOSE HOVER).

4. One additional (beyond AIL,ELE,THR,RUD) switch-sourced physical channel (any one) of the receiver must be reserved (and cabled) exclusively for the mode selection, which can be switched while in flight (as with S6R/S8R), so a minimum of 5 receiver channels are required (FrSKy X4R will not work, for example).

5. There are only a total of 3 physical gain adjustments (AIL, ELE, RUD) and these are manual pots set on the ground - gains cannot be adjusted electronically or remotely (unlike S6R/S8R)

6. There are only four mounting orientations allowed -- face up, face down, face left and face right -- and all orientations MUST have the arrow facing forward (into the line of flight) and connectors facing rearward and the attitude of the stabiliser MUST be parallel to the horizontal tail alignment -- there is no scope for physical offsets of roll/pitch/yaw planes of the mounting position, nor electronic compensation for such offsets (unlike the S6R/S8R).

7. Normal, Delta and V-Tail wing types are selectable (like S6R/S8R)

8. The Dynam unit is supplied with 3M Anti-shock mounting tape (similar to that supplied with the S6R/S8R) but no comment is made regarding excessive vibration compensation for such things as EDF or IC motors (which was an early problem with the FrSky series but quickly overcome when FrSky added some software-based vibration filtering) -- early testing will validate any issues there.

9. The Dynam supports inputs from a normal (PWM) receiver's outputs, or from Futaba's S.BUS output (unlike S6R/S8R, which is only available as FrSKy-compatible)

10. The Dynam stabiliser can work with most receivers (and, therefore, most radios) so it does not lock you in to using a particular Tx/Rx protocol (unlike the Spektrum and FrSky units). It is very similar, in this aspect, to the Orange unit.

So, these are early observations and comparisons to the S6R/S8R -- apologies for cluttering up the Dynam thread, but some people who were originally asking questions about various Dynam stabiliser units might find the information useful.

If I find anything of further interest over the coming weeks, as I embark on the learning curve for this unit, I will try to post meaningful and useful details.

Regards,
ozphoenix
Last edited by Dynamrc; Dec 25, 2017 at 01:33 AM. Reason: New version of MSR66A user manual
Dec 01, 2017, 05:14 AM
Hi DynamRC!

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time and effort to review my comments and to respond to them so quickly!

Secondly, let me make a clarification - I have received an ISTONE-A ACRO, not an ISTONE-AII (my mistake in typing), so I think I have introduced some confusion. However, I still find this ISTONE-A ACRO product interesting, so please let me make further observations on your information and also ask further questions :

Is the 'AEROBATIC' mode in the ISTONE-A ACRO similar to the AUTO-BALANCE mode of your other devices (for use in emergency recovery)?
EDIT: There is no need to answer this question - I have found the answer to my question -- No, this is not the same - the version with the Auto-Balance option is Dynam Detrum IstonePro 6-AXIS Gyro & Stabilizer With ABS System for RC Airplane

1. In fact, if users think that ISTONE-All (9g) +receiver (10g) are heavier than one module for S6R/S8R, you can also choose our sport receiver Detrum SR86A (15g)/ Detrum MSR66A (7g). They are 6/8 channel 2.4GHz receiver integrated with 6-axis gyro and stabilizer.
Here is our product website: SR86A, MSR66A

These two product look interesting, but they seem to require a Dynam GAVIN radio, which I do not have.

2. For better performance, we optimized the ISTONE-All and it will have 6 output channels, which is more useful in the flight.

Maybe this is not relevant now, as I have the ISTONE-A ACRO.

3. When use the ISTONE-All, the gain adjustment can be set via 3-in-1 card only on the ground. But when use the Detrum MSR66A/SR86A, gains can be adjusted via GAVIN transmitter electronically and remotely.

I think that the ISTONE-A ACRO cannot be connected to the 3-in-1 card, because the 3-in-1 uses a USB port and the ISTONE-A ACRO does not have a USB port. Is there any other way to connect the 3-in-1 card to the ISTONE-A ACRO??

4. In ISTONE-All, user adjusts the level offset via 3-in-1 card when have absolute angle error caused by installation. As shown below:

Can this be adjusted in ISTONE-A ACRO??

The latest ISTONE version will allow user to take the accelerometer calibration in the simple way. It can offset the angle error without user’s setting.

Will this also apply to ISTONE-A ACRO?

(PS: we attach the MSR66A and SR86A instruction manual below.)

These products do look interesting to me, but I cannot afford to buy more products just for evaluation purposes and I do not have - and do not know where to get -- a Dynam GAVIN radio, as I have not seen anyone using one at my club and have not seen them advertised where I get my products. If you would like to supply some products - and a radio - for more complete testing, I am happy to do that as I have more than 20 planes to choose from and normally I fly several times per week.

Regarding the product manuals you included, I have read them and have a question: Both documents discuss Flight Modes but give no information about how to set the Channel Output for the mode selection -- the ISTONE-A ACRO document describes what output levels to provide for the modes to be changed by the Mode Channel. In the two units you offer, is the mode switch in the GAVIN radio already set for changing the modes?

Additionally, can you tell me how I can update the firmware of the ISTONE-A ACRO if or when I might need to do that, if there is no USB port??

Further, can you tell me, please - does the ISTONE-A ACRO have software filters included in the firmware to resist control surface oscillation due to vibration interference caused by internal combustion motors or by planes which have a high vibration problem in their motor/prop combination?

Many thanks for your attention to my questions and for your valued responses.

regards,
ozphoenix
Last edited by ozphoenix; Dec 01, 2017 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added question and comments, updated infor on Auto-Balance version

Quick Reply