Jul 16, 2019, 03:52 PM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarchitect
Please post some pics.

Here is the TTTGU installation thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...stalling-TTTGU
Cool, thanks for the thread. Some good ideas there.

Red
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 04:14 PM
Old Master, New Grasshopper
Built from Mike they're super lightly loaded and a brake not needed. They slow to a catchable crawl with decent head wind. Not sure how effective they'd be also as the canopy profile is pretty round and narrow.
Latest blog entry: Pics
Jul 16, 2019, 04:30 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
I've only seen a few planes fly with one of those and they always seemed to end badly. V-tail may help if they don't get washed out by the dirty air.
???
I've used TTTGU on quite a few twisty planes. I find it slows them down with no pitch change. Most of my TWF planes are T tails no V-tails at this time)
While it won't slow the plane down like full flaps and crow, it does settle into a slow, stable draggy descent. I won't build a TWF without one.
I've tried the waggle lua script to slow down, and I didn't care for it. TTTGU for me.

What was the situation where it ended badly?

WinchDoc
Jul 16, 2019, 05:15 PM
On the Go Fly List
They are worth installing just to see the faces of your fellow pilots when you flip the switch to open the canopy. Using them in flight is optional.
Jul 16, 2019, 05:50 PM
Old Master, New Grasshopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarchitect
They are worth installing just to see the faces of your fellow pilots when you flip the switch to open the canopy. Using them in flight is optional.

Now that would be cool...
Latest blog entry: Pics
Jul 16, 2019, 06:11 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
You can also do the Pac-Man flyby…
Last edited by winchdoc; Jul 16, 2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: NOM NOM NOM NOM
Jul 16, 2019, 08:20 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Funny the TTTGU for Jester came up just now.

We recently developed a Jester TTTGU UberDrive for a customer who needed one.

The image on the right (below , if you are using your mobile) is the standard Jester UberDrive for KST X10 servos which now gets a full 3/8" arm on the servo.

My personal Jester will get its own popping canopy when I finally receive the Shrike-sized TTTGU from You-Know-Who !!!
Last edited by MATIN; Jul 17, 2019 at 03:27 AM.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:31 PM
Eagle Butte User
I plan to install a TTTGU UberDrive in my Jester! Actual WinchDoc said he'd give me a hand on the install. Looking forward to getting mine in the air this Fall.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:32 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
I've only seen a few planes fly with one of those and they always seemed to end badly. V-tail may help if they don't get washed out by the dirty air.
Make sure you factor in "pilot (in)competence" in what you've seen, until you've flown a TWF with a TTTGU yourself.

Below is my Chaos on final in Australia.
It has a conventional tail and flies like a champ with the canopy raised.

Jul 16, 2019, 09:47 PM
Jester number 22 is good to go! Time for a maiden. Check out Matin's UberDrive with the KST X10s. Everything works first try! Just need to poke some holes for the antennae whiskers. Mike, you made this one sweet and bad-ass all in one! See you at JesterFest --- if not sooner.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:46 PM
On the Go Fly List
I keep repeating myself...they just keep getting better. An UberDriven Jester w/TTTGU; what's next?!

Matin,
That photo of the CHAOS is great.

Adam
Jul 17, 2019, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN
Funny the TTTGU for Jester came up just now.

We recently developed a Jester TTTGU UberDrive for a customer who needed one.

The image on the right (below , if you are using your mobile) is the standard Jester UberDrive for KST X10 servos which now gets a full 3/8" arm on the servo.

My personal Jester will get its own popping canopy when I finally receive the Shrike-sized TTTGU from You-Know-Who !!!
Matin..............looks like the wings servos are KST X10-710's.
Is that the same servo used for the TTTGU too?

Was considering whether to use a Hitec hs65hb or a hs85mg servo for my TTTGU.
*noted the long servo arm to reduce throw & speed
Last edited by fly2bob; Jul 17, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
Jul 17, 2019, 01:30 PM
Aircraft Life
I took a 5 cell nickel metal hydride battery and reshaped it to fit far enough up the nose. Ended up being balanced without need for extra lead!
Jul 18, 2019, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkus
I took a 5 cell nickel metal hydride battery and reshaped it to fit far enough up the nose. Ended up being balanced without need for extra lead!
Nice, you're gonna have a blast
Last edited by DeLaReef123; Jul 18, 2019 at 05:11 PM. Reason: grammer
Jul 21, 2019, 09:14 PM

# 25 has flown

Saw the prototype at PSS Fest and immediately had to have a plane with the prettiest carbon wings I have ever seen. Didn't need it, just wanted it.

Built with 16500 LiFe pack (2000 MaHr), MKS HV69 servos. Rated for 128 oz-inches of servo torque, as too much torque is just right. Came out at 33 1/2 oz., including 3 oz. of nose weight to balance. The LiFe pack is long and skinny so not so much help in balancing the plane as a 5 cell NiMh pack would be.

Minimal flurescent orange markings, as I do not see why anyone would cover the beauty with plastic film or paint. That orange really shows up well , against a blue sky in particular.

When I get the CG and throws dialed in, I expect it will be a lot of fun to fly.

Quick Reply