Jester 60" twisty wing prototype - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 PM

Jester

The paint is same top to bottom on that one!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2017, 12:36 PM

New set of wings for Lee

Not trimmed or tuned yet but looking good!! Carbon is tricky!! These are I think 7out of 10 !!5 oz each panel👍😁
Jun 22, 2017, 12:40 PM
Firecracker!
Looks good Mike! What carbon are you using there? I'm trying to find some for the Force. Thanks!
Jun 22, 2017, 02:51 PM

Carbon

Hello BillO I'm using a 2/2 twill 3k, I believe it's 4.7 oz cloth!! I use a 1.6 glass veil cloth on top of the carbon to make the bubbles and cloth print go away!! That's the hope anyway lol!!! I'm getting better but have not met my standards for what I would like to achieve!! Still gaining experience and knowledge!! Every thing I do is a learning experience right now!! Patience and precision are key!! Thank you for your compliments!! Stay in touch & best regards
Jun 22, 2017, 11:22 PM
Certifiable User
Mike,

Those look great from here! Maybe you are just hypercritical of your work and they will be an 11 on my scale

Looking forward to getting my grubby little hands on this sweetheart of a model

Lee
Jun 23, 2017, 03:38 PM

Getting close

This is the 3rd fuse out of the CNC machine and I'm almost satisfied enough with it to start cutting aluminum molds, and also a picture of the 3D printer with tail adaptors being made. Bladder molded fuselage is the goal here!
Jun 23, 2017, 04:42 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Looks good Mike.

I've found so much to do with my $200 3D printer, from servo trays, to bellcranks for twisty wings and flying stabs, to a stinger with a key to hold a removable T-tail.

I know some of these projects could have been done with other materials and tools, but as they say, if you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Nice job on the tail adapters. I don't know that I've seen one in place in your photos yet, have I?

-= Dave
Jun 23, 2017, 07:13 PM
That's cool Mike. I admire your talent, dreaming up a twisty wing that just looks right, and acquiring the skills to build it.

Ray
Jun 24, 2017, 02:14 PM

Adaptors

Hello Dave I believe I posted a picture of a adaptor on a fuse. It's a prototype so it's not been tested yet and we'll se how it works!! So far the adaptors are really light really strong and hopefully they fit the purpose perfectly!!
Jun 24, 2017, 02:27 PM
Building with TLAR precision
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike frandsen
Hello Dave I believe I posted a picture of a adaptor on a fuse. It's a prototype so it's not been tested yet and we'll se how it works!! So far the adaptors are really light really strong and hopefully they fit the purpose perfectly!!
This?

-= Dave
Jun 24, 2017, 06:56 PM
That's the picture!!
Jun 24, 2017, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike frandsen
Different tips and he wanted the speacial red paint on the nose! kinda funky but cool!
Neil always did have a soft spot for a White bird with Red nose and wingtips, Mike

Your Jesters look great!
Jun 25, 2017, 02:27 PM

Thanks

Lol yeah you got that one nailed on the head!! Neal knew exactly what he wanted and it kinda made it easy in a sense!! Might maiden it today!!!
Jun 25, 2017, 02:29 PM
What kinda bird is that in the picture you posted chip? There are so many now it's hard for me to keep up!! That is a nice one!!!
Jun 25, 2017, 03:41 PM
That a JW60 California Special,...

....that Neal built and named after an old Girlfriend.

Bill L cut them with a thinner airfoil for Frontside, which the DS crowd thought made it too squirrelly.

Quick Reply