Jun 23, 2019, 05:06 PM
Great shots!

Names?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2019, 06:06 PM
It's not going to build itself
That's a hell of a turnout for such a short notice! Awesome
Jun 23, 2019, 07:18 PM
agreed.......... maybe try plan another (tentative) one a month or so out, or I guess it would be the TPG twf / pnf day
Jun 23, 2019, 07:38 PM
Old newb
It was sooo impromptu ......

There were about a dozen actually there but several were flying during the group shot.

The idea of JesterFest seemed to pop up a few days ago, it seems.

It was fun. My number 15 flew with me piloting via buddy box for the first time today.

The Jester is a hot rod and a pussycat at the same time.

The hardest thing is landing and if you calm and patient, landing is sort of a non event also.

Yes, I landed mine myself! A little hot but Jesters are hard to damage. Unlike nameless others....hee hee
Jun 23, 2019, 07:48 PM
Rocking day today at JesterFest. Lots of Jousting going on. Wind was 10-12 with 20mph gusts. The jesters were all cranking today. Walt maidened his and was tossing her around in no time. My Hawk landed in the parking lot and miraculously no injury to person, cars, or Hawk! Great day today with some super guys. Worth the drive. We need to do this again in the summer.
Jun 23, 2019, 08:00 PM
Time to play!
Sign me up for the next Jester-Fest!!
Jun 23, 2019, 08:13 PM
Thread OP

Wow!!

Good wind!!
Awesome friends!!!
Great pilots!!!
No crashes!!!
Lots of fun!!
Thank you to everyone!!

cant wait for the next jester fest!!!
Jun 23, 2019, 08:17 PM
I agree with Mike, but I will have to say the Jester makes you look like a great pilot. What an awesome aircraft
Jun 23, 2019, 08:52 PM
Pile-it
Nice meeting everyone today and thank you for making JesterFest #1 such a success on short notice.

I had a great time and will be back for sure. Thanks Mike for a great flying bird

Red
Jun 24, 2019, 09:41 AM
The Landing at Torrey is so easy compared to other sites with its big open approach area, and large landing area, but still, a technique I use in Landing these types of aircraft is to feed up to five clicks of up trim to slow the craft down and make the wing less efficient, then on Final Approach, use even a little more up elevator to hold the nose a little bit and waggle the wings a little bit for altitude control. Once at the right height, let off on the up stick pressure, and Let It Fly more forward again, then flare for touchdown. So then, the amount of back pressure you're using controls air speed and the amount of waggle used controls altitude. Just got to be careful not to get the nose so high that it stalls.

Bob
Last edited by fly2bob; Jun 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM.
Jun 27, 2019, 11:59 AM
Flyin on pure adrenaline

Best Jester Fest Ever

Mike it was great weather for the first Jester Fest.
Blowing steady @12+mph and had gusts of 18 often.

Very cool to meet and fly with everyone.

Thanks for the help with my fat 41oz AUW orange carbon #16 flight test. The 14oz ballast added to the #16 flew light and neutral.
This airframe/wing form, has great potential for higher speeds.
I look forward to seeing a new TW light weight speed record.

Jest loving it
George C
Jun 28, 2019, 12:41 AM
Sniffing the glue
Ordered another one!!!
Jun 28, 2019, 09:08 AM
Eagle Butte User
I'm super excited to be getting my Jester. Mike sent me these pics last night. I'm planning to use Matin's UberDrive system with KST X10-710 servos and a 18500 LiLo pack.
Jun 28, 2019, 10:12 AM
On the Go Fly List
I really like the color scheme Vic. It is simple, elegant and understated with just enough color to make it pop in the sky while maintaining most of the BEAUTIFUL carbon. The tip graphics compliment the graceful curves of the flying surfaces. Another masterpiece by Mike.

Adam
Jun 28, 2019, 10:14 AM
On the Go Fly List
Thinking about another for myself as well.

Adam

Quick Reply