Jester 60" twisty wing prototype - Page 22 - RC Groups
Feb 11, 2018, 07:17 PM
⚙️🔧Not Conventional 🔩🔨
Photos only give a glimpse of how nice it looks in person. Good seeing you today!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2018, 09:28 PM
Old Master, New Grasshopper
Flew the snot out of this thing today.... Excellent so cal lift. I dialed in some expo, and increased the throws to 120% on high rates. Increased differential to -42%. rolling on its axis now no Barrel to it. Flys stellar. Elevator rates increased... yank and bank trying to get it to snap. Wont do it, turns like an F3F ship. excellent design... I'd like to lead it up and see what kind of energy this thing keeps .
Latest blog entry: Pics
Feb 11, 2018, 09:57 PM
Old Schooler
Thanks for the info, maiden tomorrow☺
Feb 12, 2018, 12:15 AM

Thanks to you all!!

I really really appreciate all of the positive things said about the jester!! I “like I always say” am learning as I go building the things!! Each jester is a speacial experience building and no two are the same! I hope to with the help of everyone to get better at building ,refine this design and make each one top notch and special! There are a few things I can’t wait to improve!! Thank you again to everyone for your input and interest!!!
I will put together a list for those interested in getting a jester soon!! Garland your plane is up next!! 😁👍
Feb 12, 2018, 02:27 AM
Mike,

Congratulations for a beautiful and successful design.

If you have the time, I would be grateful if you could post some detail of how you do the V-tails. One photo suggests balsa cores. I can't see any joint marks and something like that would be hard to bag in one piece.

Care to shed any light on the matter? I have some V-tails in my future and want them to look as good as yours.

Kind regards,

Kenneth
Feb 12, 2018, 12:55 PM
It's time for me to fly
I was going to ask what is the best way to set the incidence on a v-tail. But I guess with a twisty that's taken care of when you trim the wing.
Feb 12, 2018, 02:12 PM
True but you do need some idea, else the maiden flight could be short.
It also dictates how the fuselage will 'sit' in the air.
Feb 16, 2018, 11:33 AM
Pile-it
Gorgeous airplane! I need one..........Pm sent.
Feb 16, 2018, 04:36 PM
Hey Tom, how did the maiden go?
Feb 16, 2018, 09:18 PM
⚙️🔧Not Conventional 🔩🔨
Feb 17, 2018, 12:35 PM
Old Schooler
5Crashed it! Threw it off, turned to the right upwind got a little squirly, then it dive with a steep incline, no response from transmitter, WACK, bounced of the bike path below into the sand. Trashed the vtail, and minor damage to the end of the nose. Wings are fine. For as light as it is, it's a very strong airframe. When I got to the plane the, the servos were slightly pulsing back and forth. So the only thing I can think of there was interference with the carbon canopy. I used a OrangeRC 6 channel receiver with long antennas, but did not run them outside.
Bad day broke 2 more planes that day; Shark went in the hill, broke the whole front end and lost the canopy, and while letting a friend fly my Shadow, he accidentally turned off the transmitter when he was unhooking my neckstrap, as I was flying it. Went straight in the same location of the Jester and split the wings in half! All will fly again....repairs almost finished on all.
Last edited by llamame1950; Feb 17, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
Feb 17, 2018, 03:17 PM
It's not going to build itself
Bummer about the planes, you probably meant to type "neckstrap".
Latest blog entry: Some vids
Feb 17, 2018, 03:25 PM
Old Schooler
Ha ha, yes...damn spellchecker...
Feb 17, 2018, 03:48 PM
It's time for me to fly
I'm trying NOT to imagine what might have been edited!

But bummer about the new plane.
Feb 17, 2018, 04:41 PM
Old Schooler
Thank, yes, real bummer..

Quick Reply