ArmSoar Composite Gliders Go Mini DLG - RC Groups

ArmSoar Composite Gliders Go Mini DLG

1M DLG's are on the rise as they are much more affordable than their 1.5M brethren. ArmSoar Composite Gliders have been developing a new 1M ship called the Go Mini...

Splash

1M Class Go Mini DLG Shines at San Felasco

1M DLG's are on the rise as they are much more affordable than their 1.5M brethren. ArmSoar Composite Gliders have been developing a new 1M ship called the Go Mini. There is a fiberglass or carbon fiber layup you can choose from as well as a few great looking color schemes. It's got a wingspan of 950mm which is a great size for traveling and always having with you. The model features pre-molded servo trays, side exit wing pushrods and a design that can take a brutal launch. It has a fairly large wing chord that makes it floaty and easier to thermal with. ArmSoar is taking pre-orders right now with expected delivery dates around mid April. Pricing on the Fiberglass layup is $238.37 and the carbon layup is $328.56.

Check out the Go Mini and Pre-order at ArmSoar Composite Gliders.

Follow along on the main Go Mini Discussion Thread here.

Paul Lankau was able to get a hold of one for the San Felasco 1M Unofficial World Championships and he won with almost no time to practice with it before hand. That says a lot to me and the Go Mini looks like one I'll have to add to my fleet soon. Here's a video of Paul telling us about the Go Mini after his win at San Felasco.

Thoughts from Paul:

"Got it on Thursday night, had about 5 minutes of flight on it before the contest. It's a real easy plane to get used to, it's very very forgiving. It launches as high as you can throw it, it'll take my launch, it'll take Gavin's launch, it's a monster. It flew up against some great Strike 2's and some other good planes and it came out ahead. It's real easy to see with this paint scheme. It's very simple to set up and put together, so I'm real impressed with it, it's a great plane."

Feb 22, 2017, 11:39 AM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
And my 15 minutes of fame starts.........NOW!
Thanks Jason!
Feb 23, 2017, 08:39 AM
Thanks Jason for the coverage!!!! I'm sooooo so so happy that we were able to get a few models out to San Felasco for everyone to try, and I'm just beside myself with Paul winning and Gavin taking third.. when I woke up that morning and saw it I literally jumped out of bed hahaha.

The GO Mini is basically the model I bring around to fly 90% of the time now... so easy to take with me (I have to take public transit for part of the journey when I go fly in China) and no hassle to setup and fly.

Got a couple videos to share... hope you guys like 'em!

GO Mini All Up Last Down at Sunset (2 min 58 sec)

GO Mini launching for fun (10 min 16 sec)

2017 SCSA League #1 Thomas Rd3 Task H (11 min 44 sec)
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Feb 23, 2017, 10:24 AM
Build and rebuild
Jason: Two excellent reports, about the San Felasco event generally and the Go Mini individually. Also nice to see you continue to score well at DLG events.

I also specifically want to thank you for starting to include links to existing RCG threads in your news articles. This should go a long way to prevent splitting relevant discussion into multiple threads. Hope you can continue with this critical addition to your standard format!

Paul: Congrats on your winning performance! Just as importantly, thank you for sharing such excellent flying feedback via Jason's article!

Thomas: The GO Mini looks like an excellent flier, both for veteran pilots and novices. I'm still playing around with an E-flite UMX Whipit. However, I've been following your development since the beginning. Once I get serious about DLG, I suspect the Go Mini will be at the top of my list.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Feb 23, 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Paul didn't just perform well. He won! ;)
Feb 23, 2017, 08:17 PM
RCG Admin
Awesome and thanks for the feedback. If you ever notice we missed adding in the main discussion thread to an article, just let me know and we can edit it in. I placed my Go Mini order this morning and now just need to find a way to forget about it until April. Waiting is so hard so I need a distraction : )
Feb 23, 2017, 10:05 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
In the third video, you get a lesson in counting down in Chinese (at about 5 min in and again at 7:00 & 10 ) as Thomas makes his 4,3,2,1
Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 PM
Build and rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Awesome and thanks for the feedback. If you ever notice we missed adding in the main discussion thread to an article, just let me know and we can edit it in.
Will do. You guys listen pretty well, so I make it a point to speak up.

Quote:
I placed my Go Mini order this morning and now just need to find a way to forget about it until April. Waiting is so hard so I need a distraction : )
Argh! Trying hard not to order one myself. Pre-order discount on GF version is tempting.
Feb 23, 2017, 10:53 PM
RCG Admin
Yeah it's certainly a great deal, I already have a receiver, so it's just $4 or $5 for a 1s battery and $20 in servos to complete it. Cheapest DLG I'll own!!! Besides a whip it of course, but that doesn't really count.
Feb 24, 2017, 02:20 PM
Build and rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Yeah it's certainly a great deal, I already have a receiver, so it's just $4 or $5 for a 1s battery and $20 in servos to complete it. Cheapest DLG I'll own!!!
It's really something to be able to get into a brand new 1m DLG, for less than a used 1.5m DLG would likely cost. The Go Mini also looks very robust. I like that it was designed for youth competition, as opposed to old hands.

Quote:
Besides a whip it of course, but that doesn't really count.
Agreed. I love the idea of the Whipit, and picked one up when it was on sale. However, trying to launch it feels like throwing a paper airplane. Doesn't help that so far I've only flown it indoors, where there are no thermals.

On the upside, the Whipit might just prove to be a gateway drug. I can feel the hook taking hold.
Feb 25, 2017, 02:00 PM
FPV Lawnmower
+1 for whipit as a hand launch gateway drug

this looks like a terrific model - I have the "jedi trainer" whipit and the libelle this may be the logical progression
Apr 16, 2017, 03:00 AM
Is the Whippit controllable on a 1 cell batt at 3.7v or is it essential to have a voltage booster to 5v.
Apr 16, 2017, 07:40 AM
RCG Admin
No booster needed.