RunCam Swift Mini - Page 3 - RC Groups
Mar 21, 2017, 01:48 AM
those 3 holes on the side of the chassis have same distance between? There should be no need to flip the picture or the electronics inside.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2017, 03:54 AM

Atom v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san
Probably won't fit but I ordered one and will try to see if I can get it mounted on my Atom v1.
I have built an atom v2 using the frame , but parts from an alternative design and I love it but have tried several cameras and to be honest they are all crap , even the recommended one from rotorx there selves . I may try this one I know it will probably be to big but it's my last chance , my friend has even taken his one apart as we just can't get a micro cam that's any good
Kevin uk
Mar 30, 2017, 07:06 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Avis
I have built an atom v2 using the frame , but parts from an alternative design and I love it but have tried several cameras and to be honest they are all crap , even the recommended one from rotorx there selves . I may try this one I know it will probably be to big but it's my last chance , my friend has even taken his one apart as we just can't get a micro cam that's any good
Kevin uk
I agree. but that has always been the problem with small CMOS cameras. And this Runcam mini isn't much smaller and is no lighter than an HS1177, so doubt it will shoehorn into an Atom. I will likely buy a different 3" frame to accomodate my Atom guts and my Runcam Mini (or Swift or 1177). I love teh Atom but fly it not very often because of the crap cmos camera (and I have the latest models of CMOS nano camera, plus all that came before)
Mar 31, 2017, 05:42 PM
Lynx Heli Field Rep
Got my 1st Swift mini today to replace my old Swift. Unfortunately that plastic bracket adapter that allows use in a mount for the old Swift is cracked.
Called Helidirect and they are shipping me a new bracket.
Last edited by Jomaba4308; Apr 01, 2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Spelling, got autocorrected
Apr 01, 2017, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
I agree. but that has always been the problem with small CMOS cameras. And this Runcam mini isn't much smaller and is no lighter than an HS1177, so doubt it will shoehorn into an Atom. I will likely buy a different 3" frame to accomodate my Atom guts and my Runcam Mini (or Swift or 1177). I love teh Atom but fly it not very often because of the crap cmos camera (and I have the latest models of CMOS nano camera, plus all that came before)
Agreed. My v2 is one of the best quads I've ever flown, but the stock cc1563 camera is complete rubbish.
Apr 01, 2017, 07:28 PM
oops
Last edited by featherodd; Apr 02, 2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Apr 01, 2017, 07:43 PM
This looks like an interesting solution for stuffing a Runcam Swift Mini into an Atom, Though not sure if it's meant for the v2 or v3: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV...for-swift-mini
Apr 03, 2017, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherodd
This looks like an interesting solution for stuffing a Runcam Swift Mini into an Atom, Though not sure if it's meant for the v2 or v3: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DV...for-swift-mini
I prefer making a hole in the original canopy.... Something similar to what I did to my Youbi with a Fatshark 700TVL.

Anyway, I would probably choose the Swifth Mini nowadays.
Apr 12, 2017, 06:25 AM
I cant find information about how much Amp it will draw on 5 Volts. My VTX is delivering max 1 Amp, is this enough?
Apr 12, 2017, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner_deluxe
I cant find information about how much Amp it will draw on 5 Volts. My VTX is delivering max 1 Amp, is this enough?
That will be fine.
Apr 12, 2017, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
That will be fine.
Thanx! What would be a recommended mini 25 mW F-band VTX on par with the high quality of that mini camera?

Just this minute I did the first recording of the FPV stream of that VTX in question (Tarot 150 stock) and compared it to the Alpha 110 FPV. I fear not only the camera is crap, no, the VTX is sh**ty as well. General noise + so many static, dropped frames ... nominally it shall have 300 mW compared to the 25 mW of the Graupner, but the latter is so much better...
Apr 12, 2017, 05:54 PM
It's on a 24% discount again at banggood (Runcam Swift Mini - Banggood).
Apr 13, 2017, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner_deluxe
Thanx! What would be a recommended mini 25 mW F-band VTX on par with the high quality of that mini camera?

Just this minute I did the first recording of the FPV stream of that VTX in question (Tarot 150 stock) and compared it to the Alpha 110 FPV. I fear not only the camera is crap, no, the VTX is sh**ty as well. General noise + so many static, dropped frames ... nominally it shall have 300 mW compared to the 25 mW of the Graupner, but the latter is so much better...
Signal quality also depends a lot on the installation (power supply, routing of cables, etc.) and the specific antennas being used.

25 mW VTXs aren't used much for FPV. I do have relatively old ImmersionRC ones on my AP copters for the video downlink, but that's in conjunction with a directional (patch) antenna on the receiver. The copters themselves are flown LOS.
Apr 13, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Signal quality also depends a lot on the installation (power supply, routing of cables, etc.) and the specific antennas being used.

25 mW VTXs aren't used much for FPV. I do have relatively old ImmersionRC ones on my AP copters for the video downlink, but that's in conjunction with a directional (patch) antenna on the receiver. The copters themselves are flown LOS.
I also do use diversity with one directional (patch on the FatSharks and 5-turn Helical on the ground station). I got good results with all my pre-installed 25 mW VTX (Alpha 250 FPV, Alpha 110 FPV, Quanum Elite AIO, Eachine TX03 AIO). The VTXs use either whip or small omnis. Both seems fine. The Tarot is really the first one which is terrible. I changed the antenna already, no big success. Seems like I have to do my homework for my first "own" combo of cam and VTX to improve the Tarot. Flyingwise its a good craft!
Apr 13, 2017, 03:21 PM
OK, sounds like you know what you are doing If it helps any I can certainly recommend the 25 mW VTXs I use but they are only 7 channel:

https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...-5-8ghz-av-tx/

TBH I would maybe look at some of the switchable VTXs where you can select 25/200 mW. 200 mW seems to be pretty much the default now for FPV quads, and 600 mW for fixed wing.